Full_Curl 14-Apr-20
JasonInIowa 15-Apr-20
Sivart 15-Apr-20
fubar racin 15-Apr-20
EMB 17-Apr-20
midwest 26-Apr-20
Tonybear61 26-Apr-20
12-Apr-20
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good pack to carry your blind and gear?

12-Apr-20
The bigger the better! I use my Kifaru EMR2. It's capable of 100+ lb loads. Decoys and a blind are incredibly bulky. If you get a tom (or 2) it takes even more room and possibly 2 trips. I think I've seen where Paul@thefort uses a small 2 wheeled golf cart to haul his gear in. That may be a better way to go if you are where you can use it?

12-Apr-20
Check out the Beard Buster Blind Hog pack. I’ve had mine for several years and it works very well for carrying a ground blind, decoys, chair, plus 2 big pockets for calls, etc. They’re not too expensive either. I’m thinking around $55-$60.

12-Apr-20
X2 on the beardbuster

12-Apr-20
I use my game cart.

12-Apr-20
X3 on the Blind Hog pack. Had mine now for many years. Can carry my blind, three chairs, shooting sticks for kids, etc. It’s priced right too. You can’t go wrong with this!

12-Apr-20

WHOCARES's embedded Photo
WHOCARES's embedded Photo
I used a golf cart with a 5 gallon pail attached to the base. My blind, bow or gun also fit in and bungled some decoys on for my Nebraska hunt - last year. The idea came from somebody here on Bowsite I think. Great idea. Here's a pic of my son on a follow up trip I took him and my brother on to northwest Nebraska(Crawford area) for their first turkey hunt. Son in foreground and brother in back. It was cold, windy, raining and snowing. When we got back to the motel they both said they thought turkey hunting sucked and their guide sucked even worse! It was that mid to late May storm that hit last year. But, the cart idea really works well.

12-Apr-20
I use my Kifaru Timberline pack with a grab it. Slide even a large Double Bull blind and a couple chairs in the pack. Then strap decoys on with the grab it. It can make for a huge bulky load but it will hold more than I can carry. Way overkill on the pack though for just turkey hunting.

12-Apr-20

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
I use an old Cabela’s Alaskan frame pack. I don’t have my decoys or chairs strapped on yet but it all goes on there.

12-Apr-20
The Badlands 2200 works very good with blinds during turkey or pronghorn season.

12-Apr-20

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
I also enlarged the platform at the bottom, I paid $8 for the cart at a recycle store. Blind, bow, chair. Decoys on my back.
I also enlarged the platform at the bottom, I paid $8 for the cart at a recycle store. Blind, bow, chair. Decoys on my back.
Yea, the golf cart works in most places if flat or on a two track. Like Whocares, I have also added a bucket at the bottom for better storage, and stability of the blind when hauling.

12-Apr-20
X whatever for the Beard Buster. I used a regular pack for years but it rides pretty high and hits on branches. Golf roller is good for some spots but it seems like I end up ditching it to cut through some woods too often.

12-Apr-20
Like a couple of others. A garage sale golf cart with a bucket at the bottom. Took it over some pretty rough terrain last week and it did well.

12-Apr-20
I use the same pack I use for big game hunting. Kifaru EMR 2

12-Apr-20
I've got a golf cart but it's tippy and wants to go over easy so I usually use my game cart.

12-Apr-20
I have to agree the golf cart can be tippy for sure in some cases. I thought about using a wider axle but was not able to reto fit.

12-Apr-20
Usually use a blind hog. On my second of the year i used my otter sled cause it was up/down steep ridges with deep snow in the bottom of some. Full load in(blind,chair,2 dekes,chow n coffee,bow and warm clothes etc)and a bigger load coming out. Worked like a charm and will use it more often now. Normally just use it to haul decoys etc on waterfowl hunts on ‘Walk In’ land but now will use it often for turkeys as well.

12-Apr-20
Any pack with a shelf like Brotsky’s or elk hunting pack with good straps and buckles work fine.

13-Apr-20
I still use the Rack Pack. I'm going to hate it if and when this thing plays out.

13-Apr-20
I still have one of the original double bull wild thing packs. They were the best I have ever seen

Rick

13-Apr-20

elkmtngear's embedded Photo
elkmtngear's embedded Photo
Here's my Mystery Ranch Mule, loaded...it's a very light, comfortable daypack, that expands to take heavy loads. Carbon fiber frame.

Jake Decoy is on top of the pack. Hauled all this easily, 1 1/2 miles up the mountain, with about 800 feet of elevation gain.

14-Apr-20
Primos has a new bag/pack that comes standard with their Double Bull Deluxe Go Blind. I called them and they don't offer just the pack for sale.

14-Apr-20

Full_Curl's embedded Photo
Here it is
Full_Curl's embedded Photo
Here it is

15-Apr-20
Wow, there are a lot of good ideas. I think I'm gonna dig out my pack frame and give that a whirl.

15-Apr-20
blacks creek makes a blind pack that has wings to store decoys. Mines probably 15 yrs old. Don't know why they quit making them. I haven't seen a better system.

15-Apr-20
I don’t turkey hunt but I haul my shack gas ice auger and fishing gear in my Kifaru

17-Apr-20
X5 or 6 on the Beard Buster. I use it for my Double Bull and Dark Horse Blinds. Well built for the price and as comfortable as a regular pack. I even put my Badlands Super Day pack over top. Amazon for about $55.

26-Apr-20

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
I used my Kifaru duplex with a cargo panel to haul my blind and all my gear in over a mile this weekend. Worked like a champ.

26-Apr-20
I have picked up those kid trailers for bikes at Thrift stores and garage sales for 15-25 bucks. Remove the bright cover, add camo, otter sled, concrete mixing tray, etc. Make a great cart. Especially if its bigger bike rims and I can put knobby tires on .

I see golf club carts all the time, will try the bucket on the bottom next time I see one. Usually cheap as well.

• Sitka Gear