PREZ 23-Apr-20
altitude sick 23-Apr-20
ki-ke 23-Apr-20
Shiras42 23-Apr-20
huntabsarokee 24-Apr-20
sticksender 24-Apr-20
Z Barebow 24-Apr-20
13-Apr-20
When do draw results typically come out?

Couldn’t find anything on website. Thx in advance.

13-Apr-20
Edit: April 29, 2020

13-Apr-20
I had my NM results last year on 4/17.

13-Apr-20
Yes they came out last year on the 17th.

13-Apr-20
Draw is done Results on Wed or thurs morn. That’s what I think, anyhoo

13-Apr-20
I'm betting you're right. Last year the 17th was on a Wednesday so... Hopefully I'm holding a tag & just don't know it yet!

14-Apr-20

Brotsky's Link
You can look on the 17th but everything on the website says 4/29.

14-Apr-20
I didn’t draw 13. again

14-Apr-20
Should be tomorrow or the 22nd. Except last year has NMGF has ever released on there posted date? It's usually earlier and I believe at least in recent memory it's usually on a Wednesday.

14-Apr-20
Office parties on Monday, Tuesday is recover day, Wednesday is finally work day!

14-Apr-20
Just checked Still pending The green “sold” always gets me going.

14-Apr-20
All draws should be run as well as NM. Now their landowner and outfitter welfare is another story. Anyway...send a elk and sheep tag my way...

14-Apr-20
Woke up in a grouchy mood about this lol. Figured having the ability that the g&f would go ahead and release the results and funds ,NOPE! Insider says the department will be releasing them closer to posted date.

14-Apr-20
I would be ok with knowing sooner than later.

14-Apr-20
Hope they let us know before I head to the turkey woods Friday. Which incidentally is where I'd draw if I draw. Good time to start scouting and setting camera's

14-Apr-20
David, I think " mi casa es su casa"? Hahaha

15-Apr-20
Looks like it'll have to wait till next week.

16-Apr-20
2 weeks!

16-Apr-20
How quick do they usually give refunds?

16-Apr-20
I believe I usually have my refunds within a week of the draw results being posted.

16-Apr-20
I think it was quick last year. I wish ID could take a lesson from NM.

16-Apr-20
Agree Idyll. Other than the screwing us NR's on the tag allotment percentage NM does a great job with it's Big Game draw. Decent app period, efficient online app, relatively quick results and very quick refunds.

16-Apr-20
I agree 100% with the screwing NR on tag allotments! The NR allotments would be fine if ALL nonres tags were offered to nonres instead of having them split between outfitter tags and regular nonres! Let nonres that draw a tag decide if they want to go guided or unguided! I wonder if enough nonres complained if the outfitter pool could be eliminated? I'm sure the better outfitters have a waiting list and won't have a lack of hunters!

16-Apr-20
"I wonder if enough nonres complained if the outfitter pool could be eliminated?"

Never happen man. Been going on for years.

16-Apr-20
Yep. Also, the outfitter pool is not just for nonresident’s. Anyone can apply in the outfitter pool but I’m sure a majority of those applying with outfitters are NR’s.

It’s crazy to think that a certain amount of tags go to outfitter’s guaranteeing them work, instead of getting work based on their good reputation as an outfitter.

17-Apr-20
Yes the NR % for tag allotment does suck. My suggestion as a NR is to find a good NM outfitter to put in the draw with. We had a great hunt with 505 Outfitters for Barbary Sheep in 2019 but did not "harvest". We knew these guys were the real deal and booked with them for 2020. Day one 2020 they had us both on rams that we killed. Can't say enough about them. And yes you will probably be hunting with the owners and that's a good thing. (Willie Dvorak endorsed) :0-.

17-Apr-20
As Butcherboy and I mentioned in our posts above good outfitters would have no problem recruiting clients if the outfitter pool was eliminated. Since those outfitter tags are available to both NM res and nonres why not hand them back to their pool of res and nonres applicants at the current proportion of how many res and nonres apply for outfitter tags?

On top of all this aren't there landowner tags that often go directly to outfitters? It seems like outfitters are "double-dipping" and already get a fair chunk of tags without the landowner draw? There would be a few more tags available for both res and nonres if the outfitter draw was eliminated...win-win if you ask me! Eliminate the outfitter pool!

17-Apr-20
Quinn that doesn't help a NR DIY public land hunter who's not interested in using a guide.

17-Apr-20
It actually can if your pockets are deep enough PCA.

17-Apr-20
Idk why our department even has meetings uniting the public for their input. I've attended several over the years just to have all the hunters bring this subject up along with other great ideas ,just to fall on the deaf ears of the g&f. The Gila three hunt system was also awesome and was taken away " Just because". I too believe the Outfitter pool is bs , I'd like to see you nr get a better chunk. The least they can do is switch the percentages IMO. Give nr 10% and Outfitter 6% if they are so bent on keeping Outfitter pool.

The deal that chaps my ass more than anything is the UW landowner tags. 99/100 times the people receiving these tags are swapping a worthless tiny square of property for access to an entire unit! It will never change.

17-Apr-20
The outfitter pool is not near the problem that LAND OWNER tags are! If those were eliminated and added to the draw or made ranch only, things would be much better. That will never happen either. Too many shady politicians in NM.

17-Apr-20
If you look down the draw stats across the board there are a chunk more outfitters tags issued than tags issued to nonres. That seems like a shame to me, especially when outfitters already get a pile of hunters via landowner tags?

17-Apr-20
Nothing as of 10:40am

Damn it!

17-Apr-20
They are still saying April 29th on website

17-Apr-20
"They are still saying April 29th on website" Website always says what's published in the proclamation. They've been releasing early over the years since they perfected the system.

17-Apr-20
Last year they said April 24 and released results on the 17th so we are close.

17-Apr-20
Agree Scoot next Wed.

17-Apr-20
Today they felt it much more important to release some recipes than the draw results. Lol. These people running these departments are sure something.

17-Apr-20
Pop-r got the same email they're just screwing with us now.

17-Apr-20
Good luck on your turkey hunt Trophyhill!

17-Apr-20
Yeah, I'm almost surprised that the subject line didn't say "Results from the New Mexico Game and Fish recipe contest" since most of our email programs would have cut it off before it got to "recipe." Actually, if they had done that, I would have given them some kudos for it as it would have had many of us scrambling. :)

20-Apr-20
Chop Chop New Mexico...

20-Apr-20
I heard for some reason that they traditionally release the result either on a Wens or Fri...

20-Apr-20
Anyone else thinks they are wondering what to do with releasing results? Ramifications of doing so?

20-Apr-20
Sure do ! Right now NM is asking visitors/tourists to please stay away. They had shut all the ski towns down when there was still plenty of snow if this doesn’t end I don’t think they will want NR hunters coming in. Don’t know what’s going to happen.

20-Apr-20
These hunting seasons are 4 months away...

If we're not able to move freely in 4 months, there won't be a country to shut down.

21-Apr-20
I don't believe scouting in April is much of a concern. Lol

21-Apr-20
We are still over a week away from the "official" posting date. Checking the site 10 times a day, won't make it happen any earlier. At least that's what my wife keeps telling me.

21-Apr-20
Results will be posted tomorrow

22-Apr-20
Elk tag for me!

22-Apr-20
How do you check E-tags ?

22-Apr-20
Download the app “NM E-tag” and login. My hunt shows.

You have to have selected E- tag or go into your app and change to E-tag (which is what I just did)

22-Apr-20
I usually don’t even know they are out till friends start asking me what I drew out for. Even then, I don’t check usually check till later in the day.

22-Apr-20
No luck here.

22-Apr-20
Now I just did the app thing. Had to go to website and change to e tag. Went back to app and it tells me I am hunting 36 2nd archery. I mean it was my 1st choice but I need to see it on the big screen. If its true I have a PM or 2 to make. haha

Good luck guys.

22-Apr-20
How do you change to an e-tag? I can’t find that option.

22-Apr-20
Think I chose tags or license on the left side. Took me a few times because I originally kept getting what I put in for with no edit feature. When I changed the selection on left side it let me edit. I just clicked on e tag with all my other info. It immediately changed the screen on the app.

Found it go to my purchased to edit

22-Apr-20
Thanks! I figured it out. Nothing for me.

22-Apr-20
are yours saying successful or unsuccessful? mine says pending

22-Apr-20
Mine still shows "pending", even when switched to e tag..........

22-Apr-20
Jeff- Did you put in for my favorite unit?? ; ^ )

22-Apr-20
E tag? Are y’all jerking us around?

22-Apr-20
The website for mine still says pending. But when I open the app and click on VIEW LICENSES it says unavailable license with a pic of an elk and ELK-2_323 and dates Sept 15 to 24. Now it does say unavailable but thought it was just because it is not September 15 yet.

What do others show on the app?

22-Apr-20

lineman21's embedded Photo
lineman21's embedded Photo
My E-tag shows this. I’m guessing you’ve got a tag. Congrats!

22-Apr-20
I need confirmation on the website. Don’t want a let down but all smiles now.

22-Apr-20

huntabsarokee's embedded Photo
huntabsarokee's embedded Photo
Here is the app

22-Apr-20
Mine is showing red on the website when I checked just now! Congrats on the tag!

22-Apr-20
unsuccessful for me

22-Apr-20

Dave B 's embedded Photo
Dave B 's embedded Photo
Mine looks like this on the app. Its my first time applying I don't know what I even went for really but think I went for broke with difficult to draw tags, this was my second choice. Valle vidal here I come. Holy crap.

22-Apr-20
It is online now. Big nothing for me.

22-Apr-20
No tag for me this year

22-Apr-20
I got an email. Drew my 3rd choice. Not sure how excited I am as it was the easiest tag to draw in NM. Hopefully come September I’m glad I drew it.

22-Apr-20
Checked my regular account (not e-tag) and I’m showing red unsucc.

22-Apr-20
I just got an email too. Successful, drew 1st choice.

22-Apr-20
2nd bow elk and deer this year

22-Apr-20
Congrats Jethro, I hope you swung for the fence.

22-Apr-20
Same Unit as last Year...I'm in a state of shock !!!

22-Apr-20
Man Jeff what are you 3 of 4 the last few years.

22-Apr-20
Yes! Gila monsters beware!

22-Apr-20
I am convinced NM hates me.

22-Apr-20
I don’t think I’ll ever get to hunt elk in NM without spending $5k for landowner voucher.....did draw Burro coues deer rut hunt though, so fun will still be had!

22-Apr-20
No luck for me either

22-Apr-20
Still batting .000 for New Mexico elk tags.

22-Apr-20
Brother drew a Gila tag and I’m jacked to help him fill his tag

22-Apr-20
Nothing for me

22-Apr-20
"Man Jeff what are you 3 of 4 the last few years".

Cory, we drew in 2016, and 2019. I have a buddy who didn't draw, for the first time in 7 years, this Season, talk about luck!!

22-Apr-20
I was lucky and drew a 16A first archery tag. I have done some research on this area, and Do I feel lucky!! I have a few ideas of areas to check out, but if anyone as some advice Im open to learning as much as I can. I may hunt the second week if it works out. This is truly a once in a lifetime hunt for me.

PS I drew it without a guide!!!

Thanks in advance.

22-Apr-20

Z Barebow's embedded Photo
Z Barebow's embedded Photo
Nothing will be dead because I am red.

The only state left than can derail my OTC plans is Wyoming.

22-Apr-20
Yes! Me and Jeffy are going to flop a couple more bulls this september!! Woohoo!

Hate our other buddy didnt draw. He had a few dates with some bulls he met last year.

22-Apr-20
The ebikes will visit NM again too!

22-Apr-20
No luck in New Mexico for me. Oh well, looks like I’ll be getting a nice big refund!!!

22-Apr-20
Looks like it's gonna be archery antelope in NM for me this year. It'll be my first speed goat hunt.

22-Apr-20
Headed to New Mexico,yes sir.

22-Apr-20
New Mexico Unit 34 here I come!

22-Apr-20
Goose egg.......haven't drawn since 2012! Congrats toy you guys that got my tag. Enjoy! Send me a backstrap. You're welcome.....

22-Apr-20
Drew a Barbary Sheep Tag!

22-Apr-20
That makes it a full ten year NM drought for me despite 50% odds this year. What a far cry from the 90's & 00's when I drew every single year. Outfitter welfare was a game changer. Microcosm of all the western draws since the pre-computer paper app days.

22-Apr-20
Just withdraw WY app. Maybe one of yall will get my spot!

22-Apr-20
No elk tag for me. Damn landowner tags. Consulation prize is on Oryx tag.

22-Apr-20
No elk, no ibex, but "Green" for Aoudad!

22-Apr-20
Congrats to those that drew.

Nothing but red for me.

22-Apr-20
Wow, kota-man...awesome!

22-Apr-20
Congrats to the guys that drew! Someday I'm going to get some kind of tag in NM. I guess I can hunt squirrels there or something until then! :-) WY is my only hope now!

22-Apr-20
Off range Oryx....glass till yer eyeballs bleed then glass some more

22-Apr-20
I know it's not an archery hunt but this was my first time applying for NM since I lived there 29 years ago. I only applied for elk once in a lifetime hunts on Valle Caldera and Valle Vidal. Just found out I got my 2nd choice which was once in a life time Valle Vidal hunt 3-406 Muzzy elk Oct. 10-14. A total of 20 permits issued. I started applying for elk in 1980 and this is the first time I ever applied for a gun hunt. The only reason I did this was because I already had an AZ early archery elk hunt.

I plan on making a couple trips this summer to get familiar with area but I would be very interested in hearing from guys that have been on this hunt. Truly blessed and fortunate in the draws this year. John

22-Apr-20
2nd archery unit 15.

22-Apr-20
That's awesome knothead. Congrats to the rest of the lucky one's. A good buddy of mine just stopped and he drew Unit 17.

22-Apr-20
Wife & I were 0 for 14. Good news is lots of application money coming back. Good Luck to everyone that drew a tag & let's hope this Virus thing settles down so we can all hunt somewhere!

22-Apr-20
Nothing for me. It’s now 20 years since I had a deer tag as a resident in NM! I might draw an elk tag every 4-7 years. That’s my average for elk. I put in for everything except javelina.

22-Apr-20
Nothing here not surprised but still disappointed.

22-Apr-20
16a first archery! I drew this same tag in 2011. Luck is definitely on my side.

22-Apr-20
No luck again.

22-Apr-20
So how much money do you guys that draw donate to the New Mexico Democratic party? Asking for a friend? :-)

22-Apr-20
"So how much money do you guys that draw donate to the New Mexico Democratic party? Asking for a friend"? :-)

Just send NM G&F, a photo of yourself, in a "Green New Deal" half shirt, and a pair of rainbow skivvies....works almost every time ;^)

22-Apr-20
Brotsky, I had to sign a contract to be Hillary's pony, but it got me a 16a tag so I'm pumped and she's satisfied. :>D

23-Apr-20
Congrats to all that drew.

I have never had a bad hunt in NM

Even the units that are “not what they used to be” are still better than where most of us hunt OTC.

23-Apr-20
Can someone tell me where to get the half shirt and rainbow skivvies, I need help with drawing a tag.

23-Apr-20
That all came in the box with my Mathews

23-Apr-20
That’s funny Altitude!

23-Apr-20
So when will the refunds for the stuff we didn't draw on start hitting the cards?

24-Apr-20
Here is the app

24-Apr-20
Shiras42, looking at last year, the results were posted on 4/17 and the refund went to my card on 4/22.

24-Apr-20
I hate refunds!

• Sitka Gear