Paul@thefort 15-Apr-20
Hancock West 17-Apr-20
jensbear 17-Apr-20
Bob H in NH 18-Apr-20
14-Apr-20

Big Fin's embedded Photo
Big Fin's embedded Photo

Big Fin's Link
There are so many who have served that I wish I could thank personally. So many heroes. This video is a rifle pronghorn hunt with a guy I only knew through emails, until a few years ago. A bit of background.

Ray White was on the first of his many deployments when he signed up on my website. Swapping a few emails, he told me a few stories depicting the daily life of a "Bomb Squad" guy, Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD). I suspect he was putting some sugar on what must have been harrowing days.

Ray asked if I would send some DVDs for his crew to watch on down times. I sent a big box of DVDs and other swag. He sent me a heartfelt letter of thanks. We kept in touch over the times of his return stateside and his following deployments. I worried about him, given what he was going through, the number of losses to EODs he was leading. The stress of all of this while being away from his family. His big heart worrying about the families of so many others besides himself.

I didn't hear from him for over two years when he finished his last deployment. I kept pinging short emails, worried as hell. One day he wrote back explaining how dark his world had become. I didn't know what to do, but staying in touch seemed to be some small part.

I invited him to go on a Colorado elk hunt. He replied that he just wasn't able to do it that year; he was still working through so many issues. He was struggling, no doubt. I offered what I could to help, but that was pretty much nothing.

I kept in touch. I invited him to share on a bison hunt in 2018. He agreed to join us. He told me it was still a tough road, but he thought the path ahead was getting better. We had a blast on that bison hunt. His presence was surely the highlight of our bison hunt. He had recently started taxidermy school, so it seemed the bison hide would fit better at his place.

I have a Nevada friend whose cousin owns a ranch. The rancher had an antelope voucher he wanted to get rid of that would allow hunting on public land. When he called me, knowing my antelope addiction, I asked him to hold it for a couple hours. I called Ray to see if he wanted to go antelope hunting. He couldn't say YES quick enough. I didn't tell him all the details, just told him to get his calendar cleared for late August.

We met up in Eastern Nevada. This video is the story of a hunt that is the most memorable antelope hunt I have ever experienced. So much more than just a hunt. I can't wait until the next time Ray spends a camp with us.

To all of you who served, I thank you all. I wish I could shake all your hands. To "EOD Ray," thanks for making my life so much richer.

We are now posting these Amazon versions on our YouTube channel. To watch, go to the link above. I will post the direct Amazon link in the next post.

I hope you enjoy Ray's hunt as much as I did.

14-Apr-20

Big Fin's Link
If you are an Amazon Prime subscriber, you get our content for free on Prime Video Direct. If you want to watch on Amazon, the highest quality viewing experience, the link is above.

14-Apr-20
I love hearing stories of people helping people. Thanks for sharing a positive story and introducing us to a true American hero. Good on you Big Fin.

14-Apr-20
I watched this last week when you posted the last video. My favorite part was the story of the bracelet. Cool stuff.

14-Apr-20
Great story that was well told Randy! I enjoyed watching this on Prime very much. Just finished up the most recent episodes on Prime the other day and anxiously awaiting more. I wish that more outdoor television would be made like yours instead of all the endless crap with chest thumping and never ending product endorsements.

14-Apr-20
Bohuntr, let’s be honest. Randy pimps stuff too. He talks about DQ more than anybody I’ve ever heard! ;)

14-Apr-20
Randy...thanks for looking out for the vets.....John

14-Apr-20
Yep ...

14-Apr-20
Randy, Ray's epilogue pretty much sums it up ..........

14-Apr-20
Great job Randy and thanks for sharing this!

14-Apr-20
That's great Randy!

14-Apr-20
Loved it, thanks for bringing us along Randy.

14-Apr-20
What a great well deserved tribute To Ray and all our AMERICAN MILITARY. Thank You Randy for make this film and sharing it with all of us.

May God Bless our Military men and women Past, Present and future.

14-Apr-20
Great! Thanks.

14-Apr-20
Watched this episode after your Mountain Caribou video. Special hunt for sure! Loved the interactions with you and Ray and loved seeing him get his first antelope! Thank you, Randy!

15-Apr-20
Thank you Randy for all you do!

15-Apr-20
Nicely done Ray. You put a tear in my eye but a smile on my face. my best, Paul

17-Apr-20
Great story. thank you for going out of your way to help this hero.

17-Apr-20
I saw this hunt on you tube, what a great attitude and sense of humor, you both are an inspiration. Thanks for all you do for the hunting community Randy! As a Navy vet, I love seeing these hunts that help out some folks that experienced so much during their time of service.

18-Apr-20
Reminded me of Barney Fyfe, "can I have a bullet"

• Sitka Gear