Scrappy 22-Apr-20
Rut Nut 22-Apr-20
WoodMoose 22-Apr-20
Brotsky 22-Apr-20
JohnMC 22-Apr-20
Jethro 22-Apr-20
Irishman 24-Apr-20
16-Apr-20
Been looking at this pack for years but just could not justify the $279 price tag(on my budget). I check the internet from time to time and the other day spotted a deal on Lancaster Archery's website for $199. I had gotten a SALE code(thru Lancaster Archery's site) a week or 2 ago for an additional percentage off which brought the price down to $144. Shipping was free, but I am a PA resident so tax was $12, so I ended up getting the pack for $156!

But you better hurry if you are interested. There were only 2 left when I ordered and it is showing 1 left now.

16-Apr-20
That's a great deal. I hope you used Paypal. If not....watch your account. LAS is having a terrible time with transaction security.

16-Apr-20
Good deal, Perry.

16-Apr-20
Thanks Bowfreak! I will keep on eye on it..................

16-Apr-20
I have a few packs I use but the 2200 is a real nice all around pack. The wings and meat "shelf" makes it great for carrying a blind and chair for turkey or pronghorn hunting. I also I find it works well to carry a tree stand and climbing sticks. Also use it a lot as a day pack for elk hunting. It is a little on the heavy side and bulky. But usually prefer it over a smaller back that does not have an internal frame. I think you will be happy with your purchase!

16-Apr-20
A great investment at a great price! I pack out bulls with one no problem and I love it as a day pack!

19-Apr-20

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Took it out yesterday on an afternoon coyote hunt/turkey scout mission. I’m gonna love this pack! Very comfortable and well thought out. Only complaint I have(and it is a very small one) is the pockets on the belt are too far back to reach easily, and the pistol “pockets” are too. But I was able to clip my holster to the belt strap on the padded portion of the waist belt which brings it more forward for a better draw. Will probably find another use for the pistol “pockets”- they should be able to hold something that will not fit in the pack.

19-Apr-20
Are you wearing your snake boots, Perry?

19-Apr-20
Does that include the price of new zippers?

19-Apr-20

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Yes, Bowbender! Even when it’s in the 30’s! ;-)

21-Apr-20
I too found that the pistol pockets were too far back to be useful. I used a holster that has a metal belt clip and clipped it to one of the loops further forward. Works nicely. The pocket on the other side.......well, it's a perfect fit for my InReach :).

21-Apr-20
Gotta laugh at the zipper comments... Ive done more to Badlands packs trying to break a zipper, but haven't yet!! Two years ago we stuffed a 7' black bear hide into the pack, with the head hanging out, and never tore or broke a zipper. Last fall, we stuffed meat and a cape in the same pack, never broke a zipper. Kinda makes me wonder what guys are doing that they break zippers...

21-Apr-20
I have a badlands pack with blown zippers and I am not laughing. Yea, they have a replacement deal but it is my $30.00 to send for replacement.

21-Apr-20
No such thing as a good deal on a BL pack. I would have paid you to take mine off my hands a couple years ago. Broken zipper, shoulder strap and all.......

21-Apr-20
This is the way it works...Those slick little thumb pulls dry rot off the zipper after 73.5 hrs of UV exposure...THEN, while trying to pull the zipper open with whats left of the tab, the zipper opens on its own. From top to bottom. Hard to return after it had its final field test in a campfire.......

Also squeaked something brutal from the shoulder straps. Nothing an elk would hear, but when you're hiking, the sound in your ear...... its like being water boarded....

Besides that, good deal!!!

21-Apr-20
I used that pack when I was outfighting. It’d see a month of bow season and more than that in gun. It took me 10 years of packing unboned quarters to destroy it. But I never had a zipper break. From so many heavy loads the aluminum stays eventually blew through the ends of the pockets they are in. Since I used it in 1 year the equivalent of 5-6 times as much as a regular hunter I figure that’s pretty many miles.

In about 2013 they sent me a free replacement and I still use it. My hearing sucks so if it’s squeaking I wouldn’t know. Haha. I rarely pack quarters with it so I think I’ll have it forever.

Don’t yank the zippers! :^)

22-Apr-20
Badlands is the only product that I have used that the zippers failed. Sent back because it was practically new. Replacement was failing right out of the box. Sold it for a loss and chalked it up to a lesson learned.

22-Apr-20
That's what I did EMB. My holster has a spring steel clip that clips to the waist belt.

22-Apr-20
I've had my badlands 2200 since 2004 or 2005,,,,,use it year in and year out for hunting and traveling,,,,did have to replace the buckle on the "top strap" (like a dang handhold thing),,,,zippers still function fine, all other aspects of it function fine - love mine

glad you got a great deal

22-Apr-20
Used my BL 2200 for many years and packed out many animals with it. I retired it and gave it away recently. Hopefully the hunter that has it now gets to pack out a few more with it.

22-Apr-20
I have three badland backs. Not saying they are on the same level as some of the packs that cost 2-3 times as much. But my have been durable no zipper breaking, seams hold. They are sold good packs for what they cost.

22-Apr-20
I have a BL 2200 since 2010. I like it. Its no longer my elk pack, but it has hauled half an elk. Still use it for PA turkey and deer. Its hauled a bunch of whitetail and a turkey, and my tree stands. Even fell part way off a tailgate and was drug behind the truck up a powerline, got a couple small holes from that episode. Never had a zipper problem. I doesn't owe me anything for what I put it through.

24-Apr-20
I've had a BL 2200 for years and still use it. One of the zippers did quit working though years ago. Not one of the main zippers though, so I've never tried to get it repaired. My biggest issue with the pack is that I can't tighten the waist strap enough, and I'm not a skinny person.

• Sitka Gear