Stressless 25-May-20
Stressless 25-May-20
Osceola 27-May-20
B&C 14-Jun-20
B&C 14-Jun-20
B&C 14-Jun-20
B&C 14-Jun-20
17-Apr-20
FYI I purchased Imox & Nitro-Surf to apply to a 3ac clover food plot. I called the owner of Northwest Crop Protection LLC.& asked for the procedure to apply the above products.

I was told: Apply 6oz of Imox per ac with 10 to 20 gals of water. Apply only on dry weeds/clover Apply only when No rain for a minimum of 6 hrs. I just wanted to share this info.....

17-Apr-20
Thanks for the info, c5ken. I’m going spray some Imox here as well.......as soon as the snow melts! :-(

18-Apr-20
How much Nitrosurf in that mixture?

18-Apr-20
Was told to spray when the weeds are 2" to 4" tall. and mix 6oz of Imox to 10 to 20 gal of water & three pints of Nitro-Surf to about 25 gals of water. My tank is 30 gals. I'm going with 18 oz of Imox & about 3 1/2 pints of Nitro-Surf to 30 gals of water to spray my 3ac clover plot.

18-Apr-20
If this is your first time using Imox, just don't be disappointed if you are not seeing results within a week or two after spraying. In my experience, Imox is very effective, but works considerably slower than 24DB and Clethodim.

18-Apr-20
How long did it take for you to see conclusive evidence of positive results, pav?

18-Apr-20
If you haven't calibrated your sprayer you need to start there.

18-Apr-20
t-roy, we typically start seeing results after two weeks, but it is the second two week period when the damage becomes more visibly evident.

18-Apr-20
Thanks Paul.

08-May-20

Stressless's DeerBuilder embedded Photo

IMOX is supposed to be spread at 4 to 6 oz per acre on land. That's a 50% increase/difference in herbicide application amount and if you don't read the full instructions it can and will kill or inhibit your crop plantings.

Calibrating your sprayer is to understand how many gallons of liquid your sprayer-pump+pressure+nozzels+speed will deliver over an acre. The IMOX oz for your crop(s)and surfactant are based per acre.

The local agronomist recommends 20 gallons per acre as IMOX was designed as an aquatic herbicide, "it works better - wetter" much different then Gly or other 'burning' herbicides.

We put down IMOX last Sunday at a rate of 20 gallons, 4 pounds of ammonium sulfate and 5.25IMOX oz / acre

For my setup, That equaled, 20 gallons/acre which was accomplished by setting the variables at = 40psi on a 7 nozzle(boom) = 1.9gpm, 3mph.

With a 25 gallon tank it's just some simple arithmetic for a full tank, the big rock up front is counterbalance the rear weight for steering!!

08-May-20
Is there any formulation on rock size per gallon of mixture, stressless?! ;-)

Very informative post, stressless. Thanks!

08-May-20
I sprayed IMOX at 6 oz. to an acre on 1 acre of established alfalfa. This is my first attempt using it and I may not have understood how to apply to get the best result.

I used a nonionic surfactant but not a "fertilizer" surfactant. Before I sprayed I did spread dry fertilizer of phosphate and potash per the soil sample recommendation. Nitrogen was not called for. When I sprayed, temps were in the upper 80's for one day and 70's the next day. Last night I got a half inch of rain which should have dissolved the dry fertilizer. Now the daily forecasted high and low temps are 59/37, 59/37 with rain, 57/32, 52/42 and 65/47.

Will the cooler weather affect IMOX performance? (say due to the plants not actively growing)

If effective, how long will it be before I see results and what do the results look like (i.e. leaves turning yellow)?

11-May-20

Everything I've read is two weeks to see initial results.

Day of application.

11-May-20

11-May-20

8 days later. Not much sign really, but the weeds didn't get much bigger.

11-May-20

11-May-20

12-May-20
Hasn’t worked well for us. I think the weeds might’ve been too mature when we sprayed.

12-May-20
Thanks for the reply. I will let you how it works. I have read where others felt it did not do a good job.

14-May-20

Stressless's Link
For folks that want to review an application in 2018 go to the link https://theohiooutdoors.com/threads/imox-herbicide.24243/#post-618988 also entered into the URL box for this forum.

I'll let you read his posts and draw you own conclusions.

- No PPE - Doubled the application rate .. kinda - hand sprayer, notorious hard to get an even application First application is 20 May in Ohio - this picture.

14-May-20

To this in about 50 days, 20 May - 13 July, one application.

24-May-20
I used imox with a surfactant in my new seeded alfalfa and chicory plot. It turned out Awesome! The oats that were seeded as a nurse crop were terminated beautifully. I think I will be mowing my first cutting in roughly 2 weeks.

24-May-20
6 oz. of imox and 3 pints of surfactant/acre. 65 degrees f. 4/22/2020. I accidentally used too much surfactant but it turned out well...

25-May-20

application day 32 may and 3 weeks... 24 May

25-May-20

24 May

27-May-20
The IMOX on the alfalfa appears to be working satisfactorily.

I did run out of chemical/water slightly before I had covered the entire plot due to technical difficulty... (turned the PTO pump on before opening the flow to the sprayer blowing a hose off the outflow side of the pump thereby losing several gallons of the mixture).

The chemical effectiveness was evident by a clear line in the plot where it was and was not sprayed. It seemed like the targeted plants just disappeared in a week. I did not see the spectacular color change of the weeds turning yellow and brown from dying. The weeds were green and healthy and then when I checked the plot 5 days later the plot appeared very clean.

14-Jun-20
Mowed first cutting up high with a bush hog. This is my alfalfa/chicory 6/11/20. This was sprayed 4/22 with Imox

14-Jun-20

14-Jun-20

B&C's DeerBuilder embedded Photo
B&C's DeerBuilder embedded Photo

14-Jun-20

• Sitka Gear