Ogoki 19-Apr-20
huntperch 19-Apr-20
TREESTANDWOLF 19-Apr-20
Bou'bound 19-Apr-20
spike78 19-Apr-20
petedrummond 19-Apr-20
Panther Bone 19-Apr-20
18-Apr-20
Has anyone ever tried the Mosquito Block bracelets for spring bear hunting ?.I have used Therma Cell for years and it does an excellent job , but it does have a odor and on days when it is calmer I have notices the more mature bears detect it , and are hesitant to come in or spook.

18-Apr-20
I would think anything to repel bugs has some sort of odor. If bugs can smell it, bears probably can as well.

18-Apr-20
I would think if the bear gets a whif of the repellent they are most likely smelling you as well??

18-Apr-20
Inshart for the win.

18-Apr-20
I prefer to just eat about fifty or sixty garlic popsicles in the morning.

18-Apr-20
Mosquitoes leave me alone for some reason. But my late wife had pretty good success with one of the sonic repellers.

18-Apr-20
No thermacell No bear hunt

18-Apr-20
Bug Tamer jacket. No stink, no bugs.

18-Apr-20
I agree, Therma cells do give off an order. My sons and I refused to use them when hunting black bears in Quebec, Canada. We use a fine mesh bug suit that keeps out no-see-ums. Does a great job however, it’s a good idea to wear a neck gator to keep the mesh away from your neck and a brimmed hat to keep the mesh away from your ears... mosquitoes can still get to you otherwise.

18-Apr-20
I would bet that bears know you are there whether the wind is calm or not.

18-Apr-20
I’d never heard of them before, so I googled them. Every thing I read about Mosquito Block bracelets that was not from someone selling says they don’t work. To bad I hate mosquitos

19-Apr-20

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
This is the best repellent I’ve ever used...

19-Apr-20
The only thing you can do to fool a bears nose is stay home.

Also... not sure who said it but some bowsiter once said and I agree... If they smell your thermacell they also know what you had for breakfast that morning.

19-Apr-20
I guarantee thermacell has led to more big bear deaths than taken from it. I played the bug suit game before. That’s a terrible way to live

19-Apr-20

19-Apr-20
If you are running your own bait. One of your warn sweaty insect repellent covered t-shirts left hanging on your stand or tree near bait has been good to me.

19-Apr-20
IMO, they can and do smell everything.

They can’t help their instincts to want to come and eat, or pass up the opportunity to mate. Basically that is what puts them in front of us and kills them.

There is no question they smell you, hear you, and know your there.

Any unnatural scents puts them on alert, hence why the are so very cautious coming in or wait until last light.

Again, only my opinion and from observations.

They are still a blast to hunt.

19-Apr-20
The ones you see are not the ones that are unaware they are the ones that simply don’t care

19-Apr-20
First off all the bracelets I’ve tried did NOT work and second if a bear can smell a thermacell he surely will smell you as they have better noses then deer so just use the thermacell!

19-Apr-20
No 2 thermocells

19-Apr-20
Permethrin?

• Sitka Gear