LINK 23-Apr-20
Brotsky 23-Apr-20
Tlhbow 23-Apr-20
IdyllwildArcher 25-Apr-20
Russ Koon 26-Apr-20
Native Okie 26-Apr-20
LINK 27-Apr-20
22-Apr-20
I'm looking to buy a new release to be getting used to during the summer before I go to Missouri in November. My wrists are really skinny which is why I'm looking to get a new one. The diameter of my wrists is 6 inches exact. I currently shoot a Scott Little Goose. The strap on it became loose and I replaced it with a BOA strap from tru glo thinking it would tighten enough for my liking. Tightened all the way even it rides up my hand a little. I have to wear gloves with it for it to feel snug. Ive considered trying a thumb release but wanted to see if you guys had any suggestions on wrist releases. Thanks in advance.

22-Apr-20
Also if I do try a thumb release I was considering Spot Hogg Whipper Snapper or Friday night delight. Anybody have any experience with either?

22-Apr-20
Wise guy boa strap

22-Apr-20
Isnt that technically still the tru glo BOA with the Wiseguy on it? Or does it go tighter than the try Flo replacement strap?

22-Apr-20
I’ve had a leathersmith custom make me a few leather wrist straps over the years. I hate the Velcro closures and wasn’t all that fond of interior covering (wrist side) on the straps of my TruBall releases, so I had a guy make me some to my liking. I simply cut the stitching out holding the hardware and they re-sewed everything back in the proper place on the custom straps. You should easily be able get someone to make one that would fit your needs.

22-Apr-20
Thats not an option for me. I dont know many people and certainly dont know anyone who works with leather

22-Apr-20
PM sent

23-Apr-20
Thought about a youth model but every one ive found is double caliper. Im looking for a hook style or single caliper to spare my d loop some.

23-Apr-20
Thought about a youth model but every one ive found is double caliper. Im looking for a hook style or single caliper to spare my d loop some.

23-Apr-20
"Thats not an option for me. I dont know many people and certainly dont know anyone who works with leather."

Consider a phone book. Or Google.

An alternative would be to buy a leather punch and pop one more hole in the current strap. I bought one for my daughter at a hobby store for $7-8.

23-Apr-20
Or save 7-8 bucks and poke a hole in it with a screwdriver or drill bit.

23-Apr-20
That strap is long gone so cant poke a hole in it. I have the little goose on a tru glo BOA and it is still too loose. I just want a suggestion for a new release not a fix for the current one.

23-Apr-20
lol 6 inch diameter wrists??? Freaking giant!!

23-Apr-20
1.) Put your little goose on a youth strap. 2.) Hit the weights build up those skinny wrist.

23-Apr-20
If you have a youth size wrist strap, but have the kind of release you like, try taking it apart an putting the release on the other strap. I did that for my daughter.

23-Apr-20
Youth/women's release.

23-Apr-20
I had my shoe repair person build me a wrist strap with a buckle that works for me.

You may want to look at a Winn Archery Free Flight Release that fits the hand using basically same principle as a glove.

As a side tone I also went to a thumb release and really like it better than the wrist release.

Good luck on your quest.

23-Apr-20
I bought Scott hero’s for my kids. Liked them so much I bought one for myself. The make a Velcro version and a buckle version. My wrists aren’t big and it fits with room to spare. If still not small enough find someone with a hole punch.

23-Apr-20
With a 6" CIRCUMFERENCE wrist I would contact Scott Archery and get one of their youth buckle straps that they use on their Hero X release.

23-Apr-20
The winn freeflight has small, medium, and large straps to choose from. Is a swing out hook. .

25-Apr-20
The problem with youth releases, is that the metal part of the release is usually not long enough for a man. You can get two releases and take the metal part from the adult release and put it on the youth wrist part. I had to do this for my daughter and have considered doing it for myself for when I want to hunt sleeveless.

26-Apr-20
I remembered your post today when I went out to practice, and checked my wrist circumference. Mine is only 6 1/2" now that I'm a skinny old guy.

I bought a Truball Short 'n Sweet last fall to get a little more draw length and I'm still getting used to it. Like it pretty well so far, and it feels better every time I use it. Hook style release and a very crisp trigger with no creep.

But the reason I thought of your post was when I was buckling it on, I noticed that I still had two holes to go tighter when it got about as snug as I wanted it to be. I'm not familiar with all the choices suggested above, so I might be repeating one someone else has mentioned, but if I'm not, you might take a look at the Short 'n Sweet. I've only got maybe a hundred-fifty or so shots on this one, but it seems to be a quality release and it seems like it would fit your wrist also.

26-Apr-20
Best handle and name I’ve seen in a while.

27-Apr-20

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
On the Scott hero the “metal part” will fit Bigfoot or big hands as well as my six year old daughter. This is the hero x, it’s built just like the hero.

• Sitka Gear