LINK 23-Apr-20
olebuck 23-Apr-20
deserthunter 23-Apr-20
LINK 23-Apr-20
nmwapiti 23-Apr-20
LINK 24-Apr-20
Unit 9er 27-Apr-20
23-Apr-20
I drew unit 9 NM after several years of applying. Over the past 5 years I’ve read all new and old threads over several different websites. I know the unit isn’t what it used to be. I know the harvest statistics are terrible. I know that the landowners use various methods to chase elk off public and onto private. I know this is possibly the worst elk tag in NM. That said I’m excited to see what this unit holds and I’d likely shoot a cow the first day so I’m not picky. I’ve had several points of interest pinned on OnX for a few years and I don’t want to talk about those on an open forum. I thought I’d reach out and see if anyone is willing to exchange pms? I know there are elk in the low country but what are the numbers off elk and hunters like down there in comparison to the mountain? Is the Navajo Nation off reservation trust land open to public hunting? I am planning on getting boots on the ground this summer but any help would be appreciated and held close to the chest. Thanks

23-Apr-20
PM me. i've hunted there twice.

23-Apr-20
It is not the worst. I say that goes to unit 48. Congrats on your elk tag.

23-Apr-20
lol. Thanks deserthunter. I just thought I’d beat the unit to death so others didn’t have too.

23-Apr-20
A good friend of mine in Abq has been hunting there for years. It isn't easy, but he's had some success. The elk slip onto private land pretty quickly with pressure in his area.

24-Apr-20
Thanks again to those who sent pms.

27-Apr-20

Unit 9er's embedded Photo
Unit 9er's embedded Photo
I hunted 9 for 15 years, now I hunt 48. Guess I'm a glutton for punishment, Deserthunter! LMAO Here's the last of 10 bulls I've killed on Taylor;

• Sitka Gear