Barron114 25-Apr-20
t-roy 25-Apr-20
TODDY 25-Apr-20
Pop-r 25-Apr-20
Ranger rick 25-Apr-20
Barron114 25-Apr-20
23-Apr-20

Huntcell 's Link
With the start of Iowa Application for deer less than two weeks away, now the time to review process and will you be putting in for a chance for a tag this year or just points.

Since I am starting over after drawing last year I think will be just points App this year.

23-Apr-20
Tag this year for myself and maybe 1 of my kids. 5 in our family have 3 points for unit 9

23-Apr-20
Good luck guys!!!!

23-Apr-20
Planning on another point this year and cashing in next year.

23-Apr-20
I drew a tag last fall so it’s points for me

23-Apr-20
Hunting partner and I are sitting with 9 points in Iowa. Shot a booner last time down, but property was sold the next yr. Would love to find a land owner willing to trade a little tree time for some boat time. I have been guiding in Mn. for 36 yrs for everything from Crappies to Giant muskies!

24-Apr-20
I had planned to be scouting the lower profile zones all of March & April searching for a place to burn my 2 points. This was due to my getting the whole state added to my work area, so my expenses would have been paid for. But the virus totally destroyed that plan. Even bought a boat for more options. Instead got reassigned to a work at home desk job. So I'll likely just apply for my regular zone 5 which I won't draw.

Oh well I expect the virus to have another surge then anyway, screwing up my plans. So might be for the better.

24-Apr-20
Hopefully applications will be down

24-Apr-20
Just another point this year.

24-Apr-20
Drew a tag and hunted last year. So just a point for me this year. Good thing too, hopefully the area i want to head back to rebounds from the EHD that hit hard last summer and fall.

24-Apr-20
Ranger rick, you each have 9 points??!! Quit buying points! You can draw any unit with what you have. You are throwing away money! Seriously!

I'm hoping to draw this year with 2 points. Not sure though because they dropped the number of NR tags for my zone. We used to get drawn in consecutive years sometimes, now it might take 3 points.

24-Apr-20
Since I live here (Illinois transplant) & having lived in good Deer country all my life anyone with 5 points or more. Burn them. It's a waste of money after that (my opinion) In our small core area we bowhunt (N.E.) we have seen a steady decline in quantity & quality. Why, we have no idea. This is in one private (400 acres) & 1 public. Other hunters in the area (gun & bow say the same). Now, in the better Southern areas DNR is reporting losses from diseased animals in pretty good numbers. They were "supposed" to have meetings addressing this but I think postponed due to virus. Another thing currently is places under water yet. I see places that normally hold good numbers of Deer completely under water "still". I've done the point thing several times out west & 5 is my limit anymore. Actually, I'm done doing points period after burning 5 in an Antelope area & quality/quantity was worse than a 2 point area I had bowhunted previous. Anyway, 2020 will be a tricky year from what has & is going on in various parts of the state. I know NW corner is terrible. Way NE corner always seems to have good numbers as S Central. Now, I have 5 relatives in N.W Ill. that bowhunt & several other close friends. Most are seeing fewer Deer also though they still seem some Decent quality Bucks. Most hunt small tracks of Private (10 thru 80 acres). I have a G-son that bowhunts 2 Public (several hundred acres each) Archery only areas & he sees plenty of Deer but not many Big Bucks. Good luck in whatever you do. I wpould check Ia DNR site for any updates they may have.

24-Apr-20
I have 5 pts as a non resident. I am going to sit this year out because the chance of drawing is high, but the ability to hunt could be sketchy. Not going to eat tag soup at Iowa prices. Good luck if you decide to apply.

24-Apr-20
I have 4 points and am planning on being out there. I should draw no problem. I have from Oct. 21st to Nov 21st so may do Nebraska as well for 10 days or so. Shawn

24-Apr-20
12yards, we are set up to draw any bow tag in Iowa. I have to check how many years you can skip before you lose your points. I thought If u skip 2 years u lose them. Also trying to coordinate with other hunts. I can only do 1 a year since fall is a very busy time for muskie guiding. Need to get that again as it is an Amazing state to hunt!

24-Apr-20
No limit on years not applying. I have been sitting on three points for about five or six years. Back when they were a lot less money! I'm going to apply this year for a tag and should get in. TODDY

24-Apr-20
For the ones that hunted last fall - how bad was the EHD outbreak? I have heard differing reports that appear to conflict.

Thanks

Lee

25-Apr-20
I'm going to apply but my chances are Slim and None! haha

Good luck, Robb

25-Apr-20

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
You all are planning to hunt iowa this fall and I'm trying to be out of here before this fall.

Note to self do not have any more taxidermy work done. Iowa has been good to me.

25-Apr-20
I'm putting in. I'll be hunting somewhere in IA with 7pts.

25-Apr-20
I have several points, but don’t see me having the time off to make the trip for a couple more years. Does anyone know off the top of their heads how many years you can go without buying another point before your points go away?

25-Apr-20
Like TODDY stated above, I don’t think you lose your points, even if you don’t apply again for years.

25-Apr-20
I just double checked and my three points are still there. I haven't applied for points or a tag many years. TODDY

25-Apr-20
Thanks for the reminder!

25-Apr-20
Thanks for the info guys, I may have to search hard for a quality piece of ground for this fall. Scrappy that's a fine collection !

25-Apr-20
Thanks

• Sitka Gear