Whitetail Deer
Contributors to this thread:
bowbender1967 23-Apr-20
Medicinemann 23-Apr-20
KSBOW 24-Apr-20
Dale06 24-Apr-20
JSW 24-Apr-20
23-Apr-20
Just curious i might be deer hunting in unit 3 this year in north western Kansas.Do you guys like to bow hunt the 1st or second week of November for the rut?

23-Apr-20
Yes.....lol. They are both good times to be there......you just have to hope that it is fairly cool or even cold.

24-Apr-20
I have had a lot of good days on Veterans day all over the state, several deer have fallen for on the 11th!!

24-Apr-20
Both good, if forced to pick between those two, second week.

24-Apr-20
The most productive dates for me are the very front of the rut and then about 2 weeks after it's started. November 6-8 is my favorite time to hunt. After that, it's November 18-24. Those days in between are still good but tougher. You see fewer big bucks in their regular travel areas once they start breeding.

It also depends on where you are hunting. If you are hunting the out of the way, breeding grounds, you will see bucks between the 9th and the 18th. If you are hunting scrape lines and travel routes, you just have to be there when a big buck goes looking for another doe. It can be frustrating but the most important thing is to be in a good spot with a good wind, as often as possible. Eventually, they come back cruising again.

• Sitka Gear