Tdwhip 25-Apr-20
Brun 25-Apr-20
Cheesehead Mike 25-Apr-20
volcomgti 26-Apr-20
Inshart 26-Apr-20
FORESTBOWS 26-Apr-20
volcomgti 27-Apr-20
25-Apr-20
I’ll be archery elk hunting in Colorado unit 43 this year. Will be my first time in that area and wondering if anyone knows how the cell service is there? Also does anyone have experience with the Garmin InReach? Was thinking about getting that to stay in touch with the wife so she won’t worry so much haha.

25-Apr-20
Garmin InReach is great. You can look back through previous threads and find very positive reviews of it as well.

25-Apr-20
Look at the coverage map for your carrier specifically. Many carriers partner with rural telcos for coverage outside their areas. And some don't at all. At my mountain place in N. Central CO, Tmobile is very good, Verizon only has service in a couple isolated spots. On a hunt near Walden in unit 16, we found one little spot about 100 yards wide where we could get 4G signal. Outside of that little random pocket in a valley, it was terrible.

Another vote for InReach mini. Pairs with your phone, works everywhere, pay by the month when you need it.

25-Apr-20
InReach x3

25-Apr-20
I live in Unit 43 and it's a large and varied unit. It has some of the highest and most rugged terrain in the state as well as some less difficult areas. Cell service will be spotty. If you have line of sight into the valley you will get service in some places that surprise you, but once you are blocked by other peaks (which will be most of the time) you won't have service. Might be smart to look into an InReach as others have suggested.

25-Apr-20
InReach x1000! Probably saved my relationship last fall!

26-Apr-20
Awesome thanks guys, looks like I’ll be saving up for the InReach for the next couple months. Appreciate all the input!

26-Apr-20
InReach for sure. I purchased one a couple years ago. Lots of different plans offered. I paid by the month and when I returned home I canceled the plan. When I go this year (if I draw the tag) I may not even need it as we will be in an area with fairly good cell service.

I'll still carry it as I do venture off in my own direction from my partner and the SOS button is a good "security blanket".

My wife was very appreciative kind of pushed me into the purchase!

26-Apr-20
Inreach minni is the bomb

27-Apr-20
Just ordered the InReach, can’t wait to set it up ?? thanks guys

• Sitka Gear