Ucsdryder 29-Apr-20
midwest 29-Apr-20
Pahaska 29-Apr-20
RT 29-Apr-20
Boatman71 29-Apr-20
huntforever 29-Apr-20
huntforever 29-Apr-20
25-Apr-20
I did a major overhaul to my equipment this year and upgraded a bunch of stuff. I’m pretty much set on my setup, but I’m eyeing the hamskea raptor peep setup.

What’s your next bow related upgrade?

25-Apr-20
You’ll like the raptor peep.

I just added a nose button to my bow string a while back, really like it.

25-Apr-20
I don’t know if I can get over buying something that Bomar’s wife profits from. I don’t care how good looking that woman is, she makes me cringe.

Do you think it gives you a more stable anchor?

25-Apr-20
Probably a leather quiver for my 1958 Bear Kodiak recurve.

25-Apr-20
Why can’t you just tie on some serving material or a cat whisker and cut it short?

26-Apr-20
Think I’m set. You will like that raptor peep. Love mine

26-Apr-20

altitude sick's embedded Photo
altitude sick's embedded Photo
Just visited Brandon yesterday and bought a Morrison 19” wood ILF riser with 50# Max 6 limbs.

26-Apr-20
Well, my bow related upgrade was a new bow. I bought a Bowtech Revolt a month ago.

26-Apr-20
Does replacing the felt on my QAD drop way rest count. The current piece is a year old and wearing through nd the arrow rubs and makes a squeak. That could be a problem in a treestand so I'm fixing it. I am also going to run the camo this time vs. the black.

26-Apr-20
A new release.

26-Apr-20
Getting it out west again is the only upgrade mine needs

26-Apr-20
Bou....

I got busted by a bull last year at 15 yards when he heard the squeak of the arrow on my QAD as I drew back. Horrible moment. Lesson learned. New felt each year.

26-Apr-20
Maybe put new strings on the realmX, I bought them 2 years ago when I bought the bow, usually strings are toast post elk season but the last two years I tagged out early so strings didn't take a beating, other option is sell the realmx and buy a revoltx

26-Apr-20
Also on upgrades...

Think I will finally hunt with my VPA Broadheads this year. I have had them for years and love em... just never used them yet.

26-Apr-20
A New Bow!

26-Apr-20
A new string loop is all my bow needs. After 7 years I suppose it's time.

I used to enjoy tinkering with new equipment every year. Of course, getting it free as a sponsored shooter had a lot to do with that. Now, I've grown into a creature of habit with my bow. Every time I shoot the latest and greatest bows, I keep coming back to my old trusty Drenalin, like a favorite pair of jeans. ;-)

Matt

26-Apr-20
I just bought a Hamskea Trinity rest. I’m super impressed with it so far.

26-Apr-20

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
I bent both of these stabilizers in 3 days. So I had to buy a new one.

26-Apr-20
How did you bend them, Shug? Just curious.

Matt

26-Apr-20
I was looking at maybe getting some new strings and cables for my APA. A few Youtubes on the subject with alot of opinions.

26-Apr-20
I just put a new set of Gas-X strings on my Mathews. Sorry but Mathews strings are garbage, almost as bad as Hoyts. Shawn

26-Apr-20
A bull elk attached to the end of one of the arrows! :^)

26-Apr-20
Matt... took the bow from the press and the string loop wasn’t completely over the “ button” TWICE and the bow flew out of my hand both times I drew it back and landed on the stabilizer each time

26-Apr-20
I'm in the process of upgrading my bow right now. My powermax is 2 hours away from being sold on ebay. I'm leaning towards a used vertix but I may still jump on a brand new vxr. The hoyt ultrarest is going with the powermax and I'll be putting a hamskea rest on my new bow. Arrows I'm upgrading to Easton axis 5mm from Beman defenders. I already have a MBG 3 pin slider that I'm keeping for now. And I'm gonna switch from a tru ball wrist strap to a handheld thumb release. Total overhaul.

26-Apr-20
Oh and I haven't decided yet between a Doinker, dead set and bee stinger for a stabilizer. Leaning towards Doinker.

27-Apr-20
I'm with carcus, probably will need new strings on a couple of my bows. I am contemplating selling my Impulse 34 and upgrading to a Ritual 35. This will definitely happen if my 14 year old takes one of my Synergys. But he seems more interested in duck hunting than bowhunting right now.

27-Apr-20
Shawn....I think on one of the Youtubes the guy said when Winners Choice changed over and got rid of people, one of their string makers started his own business...Gas bow strings. The Ghost XV is supposed to be the best they have but the colors are limited. John

27-Apr-20
Last year was a new Podium Peep, this year was a new Shrewd Nomad scope with the Feather Vision Verde 5X Lens.

27-Apr-20
New 60X bow string and cable .

27-Apr-20
New strings on the Carbon Defiant 34 and a string stopper on the Mathews Q2XL!

27-Apr-20
Upgraded my fletcher to a Vane Master Pro and going to spend some time messing with different vanes/configurations.

27-Apr-20
Just new animals to let it feast on

27-Apr-20
This. My eyes are getting bad. https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Auto-Ranging-Digital-Unobstructed-Right-Handed/dp/B078SQBYYG

27-Apr-20
I'm good...waiting on TightSpot, to replace a broken quiver, though.

27-Apr-20
I actually shed my stabilizer. Bow is lighter now. My average shooting is still average. Nothing hurt.

27-Apr-20
I might try the Q Lite quiver over my 3 arrow tight spot.

28-Apr-20
My upgrade will be a custom string/cable on my SR6. Bowtech strings are garbage. The octane strings are constantly stretching. Whether you shoot it not......

28-Apr-20
Choosing a new "high energy" bow to drive my new EFOC arrows as accurate and fast as possible. My new arrow build will probably be around 750 grains, 23.5% FOC, Cutthroat 200 gr right single bevel broad head, 30.5" draw, 70# draw... I've now lost 4 bull elk because of shoulder bone hits that would have killed them all. I'm done with that... I'm looking at PSE Mach1 carbon, Hoyt carbon turbo and Bowtech SR 6. Any experiences with these models?

28-Apr-20
Xbow

28-Apr-20
I’ve got about 4 bows that each need a new string and I guess that’d make 6 that need a backup.

28-Apr-20
Brad let me know how you like it. That stimulus money comin in handy!

28-Apr-20
Don’t mention stimulus money!!!! The thread will get deleted

29-Apr-20
“I've now lost 4 bull elk because of shoulder bone hits that would have killed them all. I'm done with that... I'm looking at PSE Mach1 carbon, Hoyt carbon turbo and Bowtech SR 6. Any experiences with these models?”

My experience has been even those bows can be pointed to hit shoulder blades and if they do you will still be in trouble. Aim lower and a tad back.

29-Apr-20
Shoot my bad. I won't bring up the stimulus money again. There is NO stimulus money!

29-Apr-20
Choosing a new "high energy" bow to drive my new EFOC arrows as accurate and fast as possible. My new arrow build will probably be around 750 grains, 23.5% FOC, Cutthroat 200 gr right single bevel broad head, 30.5" draw, 70# draw... I've now lost 4 bull elk because of shoulder bone hits that would have killed them all. I'm done with that... I'm looking at PSE Mach1 carbon, Hoyt carbon turbo and Bowtech SR 6. Any experiences with these models?

Maybe stop shooting them in the shoulder? If you insist then a 70lb bow isn’t going to do you much good unless you have a long draw length and heavy arrow with a sharp 2 blade. If you step up to 80-85lbs you’d probably have a pretty good chance.

29-Apr-20
cnelk, you going to get the xbow turret mount for the handlebars of your ebike?

29-Apr-20
Never intentionally hit shoulder bones. Animals move (jump the string), I pull the shot, wind blows consistently in the mountains etc. The perfect "tight V" shot is surrounded by bone on 3 sides. Hunting big game isn't 3D shooting at still targets in a controlled environment. My intent is to counter nature and make the most ethical shot possible. Shxt happens...

29-Apr-20
I plan to wax the string and check the tune every few weeks. Good to go.

29-Apr-20
"Never intentionally hit shoulder bones. Animals move (jump the string), I pull the shot, wind blows consistently in the mountains etc. The perfect "tight V" shot is surrounded by bone on 3 sides. Hunting big game isn't 3D shooting at still targets in a controlled environment. My intent is to counter nature and make the most ethical shot possible. Shxt happens... "

I feel your pain! I call it stacking the odds in my favor!

29-Apr-20
I need to get a new rest. I was thinking the Quality Archery Designs - Ultrarest HDX. Anyone have one of these? Reviews? Thank you in advance!

29-Apr-20
duplicate, sorry!

• Sitka Gear