drycreek 02-May-20
BigStriper 04-May-20
jcneng 04-May-20
JayLi 28-Nov-22
timex 28-Nov-22
trademark 09-Nov-23
fuzzy 09-Nov-23
27-Apr-20
Looking for Recipes for cooking Skinned and deboned Turkey Breast in a Crock pot.

Kurt

27-Apr-20

Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Two cans cream of mushroom soup in crock pot. Lay turkey breast down.

Then add 1 tsp garlic, basil, onion, thyme, black pepper mixed together and sprinkles on top of breast.

Cut up 5 slices of butter and lay on breast.

Cook on low heat for 5:45 to 6 hrs

27-Apr-20
That sounds great! I like to add some arugula, spinach and then smother the turkey with warm crushed blueberries just prior to serving

27-Apr-20
To me wild turkey is dry, so here is what I did. I call it ... Shredded BBQ turkey breast.

Here is what I came up with and it wasn't bad - actually pretty damn good!

Couple packets of turkey gravy, chicken broth, lemon pepper, Lawreys seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper. ((If you like spicy - coat the breasts with "Kicken Chicken Seasoning")). ****use what seasonings you like****

***Mixed the gravy packets with about 4-6 cups of chicken broth (make sure it's enough to completely cover the turkey breasts). I didn't measure any of the seasonings, just added (about the right amount LOL) to the broth mixture and stirred well.

***Placed the breasts in, stirred them around and flipped over a few times.

***Turned crock pot on high for about 3 hours, then flipped the breasts over and stirred the mixture around.

**Set on low for another 4 hours.

**Removed the breasts and dumped out the broth mixture, wiped out the crock pot a bit.

***Use couple forks and shred the breasts. Back in the pot with your favorite BBQ sauce (I thinned out the BBQ sauce a bit with just a splash of beer).

***On low until heated - serve on hoagie buns.

28-Apr-20
TTT

28-Apr-20
I injected a half of a breast with Butter Creole marinade and then seared it in a pan and then cooked on low and it was delicious and moist.

28-Apr-20
Fill the crockpot with peanut oil, turn it up to 350, bread chunks of turkey breast and deep fry until golden brown. ;-)

28-Apr-20
midwest X2!!

28-Apr-20
I did Sous Vide with one and it was the juciest, most tender one I've ever had. And it was from an older bird. We did the other half pounded flat and rolled into Cordon Bleu and baked, then smothered with a sauce. It was delicious, but not nearly as tender as the other half that was water cooked slowly.

28-Apr-20
Jaq. What temp and how long?

28-Apr-20

Abndoc's embedded Photo
Abndoc's embedded Photo
Just chunk them, add a little jalapeƱo and wrap in bacon..yum

28-Apr-20
140 for 8 hours. It was delicious and more juicy and tender than any turkey breast I've ever had. I did a light brine overnight first, seasoned it, then did a quick sear at the end.

28-Apr-20
I use a recipe similar to Hawkeye. I get big cans of cream of mushroom soup from Food lion and don't add any water. I do squirrels, rabbits, turkey breast and deer meat. Cook all day on low heat and the meat will fall apart.

29-Apr-20
I'm liking some of the recipes you guy's have tried,anybody else have a recipe to try.

Kurt

29-Apr-20
I use one crockpot recipe for all of my turkey breasts, and it's one of my favorite meals. Wild turkey gumbo. One turkey breast ends up being enough for several meals. This is the recipe I use, substituting wild turkey breast for chicken: https://www.thespruceeats.com/shrimp-gumbo-crock-pot-3057284 I do use the entire turkey breast, which is a bit more meat than the recipe calls for but it works out nicely.

I also add significantly more cayenne pepper than the recipe calls for, to give it a bit more kick. I've recently started having my wild goose breast made into andouille sausage, which makes this recipe even better since I can use two different wild game meats in it. Give it a try, I think you'll really like it. Cornbread on the side, of course.

29-Apr-20
It is hard to mess up a turkey breast.

29-Apr-20
My favorite turkey breast recipes are white bean chili. There are many that work great in a crock pot.

29-Apr-20
This one is really easy. Cut the breast into chunks about 1" square. Season the meat and let it set for a while. Brown the chunks in olive oil for a few minutes on each side, put them in a crock pot and simply add 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, add some carrots, maybe sauteed onions and or red peppers and cook for about 5 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes. Very easy and very good.

30-Apr-20
No one try em in a pellet smoker? My bird this year was just a jake, but seems like any birds I do on the GMG at 325 are juicy as all get out.

30-Apr-20
Brine breast overnight in salt, brown sugar, and maple syrup. Indirect on Big Green Egg until done. Cut the scraps off the breast and fry them.

30-Apr-20
X2 The white bean chili. But I do it with the leftovers.

30-Apr-20
Throw these recipes away and fry the breast.Use these recipes for legs and thighs.

30-Apr-20
You asked for slow cooker recipes so that's what I suggested. The absolute best way to cook a wild turkey is to cut the breast into strips about 1/4" - 3/8" thick, soak in buttermilk for half a day to tenderize, bread and fry just like you would chicken strips. After it's done, remove it from the pan, work up some cream gravy with the drippings and serve with mashed taters. Absolutely the best. Try it.

30-Apr-20
^^^^^^^

02-May-20
JSW for the win ! (my win anyway)

04-May-20
There are a couple of recipe's that I really like fella's, Thanks for taking your time to post them, if anybody has any more you are welcome to put them on. Thanks again.

Kurt

04-May-20
Thank you Inshart! I used his recipe above, it turned out great!

28-Nov-22
The recipe looks delicious but so complicated. Maybe cooking isn't for me.

28-Nov-22

timex's embedded Photo
timex's embedded Photo
Thanksgiving dinner was butterflied wild turkey breast stuffed with onion and mushroom and wrapped with bacon & grilled. Along with turkey noodle soup made from the legs and thighs pressure cooked until falling apart then onions & celery added to broth.

09-Nov-23

trademark's embedded Photo
trademark's embedded Photo

trademark's Link
This is a good way to make such a delicious meal. A little more preparation maybe required depending on where you are from.

09-Nov-23
Can of light beer, teaspoon of Tony Cacheres and 1 hour on high, 3 hours on low. Shred and serve on white rice. Simple and tasty!

• Sitka Gear