Trial153 27-Apr-20
hybridbowman 27-Apr-20
Ambush 27-Apr-20
x-man 27-Apr-20
Ermine 27-Apr-20
Kurt 27-Apr-20
GF 28-Apr-20
27-Apr-20
Impact Collars why or why not have on arrows. I'm current shooting 400 Beman Centershot with a 250 gr Cutthroat. My finish arrows are 580gr. at 28inches My bow is 60 pounds recurve at 26 1/2 at my draw. Inserts are 15 grains. Thanks

27-Apr-20
I use them on any shaft that has Hits. I like .204 shafts the best so they see lots of use... VPA and IW make good ones. Make sure they are flanged

27-Apr-20

hybridbowman's embedded Photo
Tophat is making steel protector ring with a lot of size fitting tight on most of all arrows. Only 5 gr but prevent the shaft from tip mushrooming on hard hit. They also make steel insert extremely durable.

27-Apr-20

Bill V - Iron Will 's embedded Photo
I really like them for small (.204) and micro diameter (.166) shafts using HIT inserts.

27-Apr-20

They add a lot of strength to the end of the arrow.

27-Apr-20
^^^. Best designed and executed collar for HIT shafts by far. From a protection and alignment perspective.

27-Apr-20
They are a big plus for small diameter arrows. They really suck trying to get out of a bag target though.

27-Apr-20
They are a must for deep 6 arrows or arrows that you use hit inserts in. I used to use cut off aluminum shaft footers. But iron will impact collars are really nice made. Clean look and sleek yet add a lot of strength.

27-Apr-20
When shooting bag targets with outserts or collars, rotate the arrow as you pull it back out of the target cover. I had to learn this when I went to 4mm micros with outserts 6 seasons ago and it works like a champ. Otherwise it is about impossible to pull them out of a new Morrell Range bag cover.

I really like outserts so you can use 8-32 regular threaded broadheads combined with the Easton D-6 inserts to reinforce the shaft. No more shaft breakage and it adds a bit of FOC.

28-Apr-20

GF's embedded Photo
GF's embedded Photo
GF's embedded Photo
Works on both ends.
GF's embedded Photo
Works on both ends.
I’m a big fan.

With your set-up, you probably have some old 2117s around waitin’ to be straightened....

If you sleeve these over the carbon arrow insert, they’re plenty tough. Not as strong as the steel or brass jobs, maybe, but for the price....

I’ve also used one of these footings with a standard insert for an aluminum arrow to resuscitate a few busted carbons that ended up too short. The Al insert adds 3/4” at the least, but you could get away with a bit more, I suppose.

That works fine for stumping arrows, anyway, but of course you wouldn’t want to mount a broadhead on anything that doesn’t spin true unless maybe it’s a squirrel arrow.

• Sitka Gear