Drahthaar 02-May-20
SBH 05-May-20
Beav 05-May-20
SBH 05-May-20
krieger 05-May-20
27-Apr-20

SBH's embedded Photo
SBH's embedded Photo
Fun weekend with all 4 of my boys. They are turning into fine young men and the best hunting partners a guy could ask for. These dudes are killers. Smith and Mason are 13, Sawyer is 10 and Gunner is 8. There's a lot of moving parts with that many of us in the woods but they got it done. When was the last time you laughed like this?!

27-Apr-20

SBH's embedded Photo
SBH's embedded Photo
Obligatory boot pic.....38 year old and 8 year old. Side by side as it should be

27-Apr-20

SBH's embedded Photo
SBH's embedded Photo
These roads don't like rain. We made it in just in time and got camp set up. God gave us this rainbow to remind us he is in control. It was timely to say the least. Rain broke, Just heard a gobble.....let's go boys.

27-Apr-20

SBH's embedded Photo
SBH's embedded Photo
We head out for an evening hunt. We make a great find. Off to a good start.

27-Apr-20

t-roy's embedded Photo
God is DEFINITELY in control!
t-roy's embedded Photo
God is DEFINITELY in control!
Definitely some quality time being shared there! Good luck on the turkeys!

27-Apr-20

SBH's embedded Photo
SBH's embedded Photo
The birds survive the evening and we're back in the woods the next morning. The boys did awesome. Hunted hard. Covered lots of ground. Lots of gobbles. Dad couldn't pull em in. Quote of the day from Smitty....." Too bad Hunt isn't here. He woulda called those birds in Dad" HA:) Fact.

27-Apr-20

SBH's embedded Photo
SBH's embedded Photo
We did good on sheds. Mason snagged this under a roosting tree. Find of the year for these parts!

27-Apr-20
Really cool!

27-Apr-20

SBH's embedded Photo
Gunner insisted on carrying the .17 HMR . Damn thing weighs as much as he does. He wanted to be like his brothers. Hoping for a rabbit or coyote. I knew I would be packing the gun. He proved me wrong. Crazy determination. Wouldn't let me take it.
SBH's embedded Photo
Gunner insisted on carrying the .17 HMR . Damn thing weighs as much as he does. He wanted to be like his brothers. Hoping for a rabbit or coyote. I knew I would be packing the gun. He proved me wrong. Crazy determination. Wouldn't let me take it.
It's not the same hunting with kids. You don't get to do some of the things how you want. Theres more work. More candy. More breaks. It's more. Its good though.

However, there are times when they blow you away with what they can do and how they handle themselves. We covered ground. Lots of it. As my wife says with me......"high hopes and low expectations:)" The boys put in work and I was impressed.

27-Apr-20

SBH's embedded Photo
SBH's embedded Photo
Mason and Sawyer doubled on Saturday. Smith is determined to make it happen with his bow. He passes on an opportunity to kill a tom with the shotgun. Coulda been three. All good though. I get it. Happy to fill a couple tags. Sawyers first turkey. We'll see what we can do for Smitty Sunday. Other boys get to sleep in.

27-Apr-20

SBH's embedded Photo
Mason on the left, smith in the middle and sawyer on the right with his first.
SBH's embedded Photo
Mason on the left, smith in the middle and sawyer on the right with his first.
Smitty and I giver one more go on Sunday before we gotta head home. Cant get the birds to cooperate to bow range for him. We get in a great situation that morning but I get too aggressive and spook the birds. He sheds a few tears at the end of if and reminds me he's just a little boy. He's bummed but determined. I tell him that's the choice we talked about and you made. Thats bow hunting. If you're not ok with not punching a few tags, pick up a gun. Theres more to it. I know he wants it with his bow. He's killed a few with shot gun. It's all part of the process. He will make it happen. Just not this weekend. He pulls it together and we hike out. I can see in his eyes, he won't be picking up the shot gun.

27-Apr-20
Congrats!

27-Apr-20

SBH's embedded Photo
SBH's embedded Photo
Gunner ended up connecting on 9 gophers and 5 rabbits.. but who's counting right?:) Oh, he is, just ask him! That smile says it all. Another one hooked.

27-Apr-20
Great stuff. You're a blessed man.

27-Apr-20

SBH's embedded Photo
SBH's embedded Photo
Hopefully a few more next weekend but if it doesn't come together. I'm calling this a win. Good times ahead. We've seen a few bears out.....HAMMERTIME.......

27-Apr-20
These are the threads I like to read! Thanks for passing it on sir.

27-Apr-20
Good stuff ! And the thought crossed my mind that I’ve never found an elk shed while hunting turkeys..........or anything else :-)

27-Apr-20
Great job to all! Especially Smitty!

28-Apr-20
Nice!

28-Apr-20
That’s what it’s all about right there! Doesn’t get any better!! Congrats

28-Apr-20
You've got a great family there and it sounds like you're doing your job of being a good father. Congrats on YOUR success.

28-Apr-20
Congratulations

28-Apr-20
The best! Brought back memories. MANY more. C

28-Apr-20
That was great! Memories to last a lifetime. Thanks for passing it on, Matt!

28-Apr-20
Than you Sir for bringing us along, congrats on your successful weekend.

28-Apr-20
That right there is the way to make a pile of memories of another hunt of a lifetime for all involved!

28-Apr-20
Atta boy Matt! Just doesn’t get any better than that! Days and weekends like those keep a man’s heart full for a long time. Congrats to you and your boys!

28-Apr-20
Congrats!!

28-Apr-20
Fantastic. Cherish the time. It flies by.

28-Apr-20
Best thread of 2020 so far. Bowsite needed this right now. As I said the other day, it seems you've got it all figured out my friend. Thanks for posting

28-Apr-20
Now that’s what living is about. Strong work my friend strong work. Those boys got it and I can’t wait until the next time. Hunt

28-Apr-20
Excellent posts & pics, congrats to the whole family.

28-Apr-20
Awesome!!! Gotta be a lot of fun and laughs with that crew!! Enjoy every moment.

28-Apr-20
Awesome awesome awesome. Great story. You are raising fine young men there!!

28-Apr-20
Great story and post!

28-Apr-20
That Sir is what it is all about. Great memories. Thanks for taking us along.

28-Apr-20
Matt, I do believe I had a tear in my eye after reading your story. Nicely done all around. my best, Paul

28-Apr-20
Awesome young men your raising, great job.. Keep em huntin..

28-Apr-20
Life long memories for the entire family! Great job!!

28-Apr-20
You guys are all too kind. Thanks for the pm's and words of encouragement. Now I'm tear'ing up Paul!! I can't go to work crying! Ha!

28-Apr-20
Great work man. I love the collection of dads on this site.

28-Apr-20
Nice! Over time, all of you will think back to those days together and smile! Good job, dad!

28-Apr-20
Made my day!! Great group of guys right there!! Shawn

28-Apr-20
Excellent thread, Matt! I’ll bet those boys didn’t have much more more fun than their dad did! Hopefully, your ribs and cheeks are still sore from all the laughs and smiles on this trip!

28-Apr-20

hobbes's embedded Photo
hobbes's embedded Photo
Great thread. Awesome hunt with your boys. Congrats!

Don't give up any of this time. They'll eventually all have competing schedules and those kind of hunts get more difficult to plan. My "boys" are no longer kids, but time with them is priceless.

28-Apr-20
Good stuff, and congrats to the boys!

28-Apr-20
Awesome!

28-Apr-20
It is threads like this that keep me coming back to Bowsite. Well done Matt and congrats to all of you for making some great memories.

28-Apr-20
Great memories made and certainly more to come thanks for sharing made for a good morning in Tennessee in spite of the rain good luck and stay safe Lewis

28-Apr-20
Thanks for posting, that's what it's all about. Congratulations to the boys.

28-Apr-20
Heartwarming, Matt. Thanks and congrats.

28-Apr-20
Great story. When my children were really young, my idea of "successful" was if they wanted to go back the "next" time. It's not about trophies or even meat at that stage but success sure makes that fire burn even hotter!!!

28-Apr-20
FANTASTIC post! Congrats on some very special memories!

28-Apr-20
Thanks for sharing

28-Apr-20
That's AWESOME! Congrats!

28-Apr-20
Hang in there Smitty. The joy and sense of accomplishment when you do get one with a bow is amplified greatly! It’s a journey. Enjoy it.

28-Apr-20
That’s awesome right there!

28-Apr-20
Awesome memories! Thanks for sharing!

28-Apr-20
Great thread. All my kids are grown but we still hunt together on occasion. Cherish it as they will soon be adults.

Thanks for sharing. I love taking kids hunting.

28-Apr-20
Outstanding ...... reading threads like this ......... I sure miss my Dad. For everyone out there cherish EVERY SINGLE MINUTE with your kids/parents/brothers/sisters/etc., etc., cause one day you are going to turn the page on the calendar and it's blank ... don't miss out like I did.

28-Apr-20
I did the bow thing with my 2 boys starting about 45 years ago. You will be blessed for life for doing what you are doing now as I can attest. We are still at it bowhunting together to this day. You are oviously a great dad and I congratulate you for that. Good hunting to you and your guys.....badbull

28-Apr-20
Inshart- Those are great words. " cherish every single minute" That cuts right to it. Well said. Thanks for sharing that.

29-Apr-20
Do these often while you can! The circle is rarely ever the same twice.......

Love this!

29-Apr-20
all time best thread on bowsite.. .. how can you beat this?

29-Apr-20
Awesome thread! Lap up those times you all share together. Thanks for the post.

30-Apr-20
Matt, I loved this thread so much I had to post again... beautiful family, you should start a rockn roll band with those young fellas! Love it scentman

30-Apr-20
Great Post !

Handsome family Pops

30-Apr-20
Took me far too long to click on this thread. Great stuff man!

30-Apr-20
Great stuff man! Just awesome

01-May-20
Yeah agree great stuff Matt.

02-May-20
Thanks for the tag along. Great stuff that brought back a lot of great memories. Get to take another generation fishing, with his dad, this weekend. When the three-year-old tells people what noises animal make, he always follows the gobble with a "bang!"

02-May-20
Awesome, memories that will live with you and your sons forever. Forrest

05-May-20

SBH's embedded Photo
SBH's embedded Photo
After em again this weekend. Sawyer got his second one of the season. Just me and the younger two. Older two had a "survival" back pack trip with friends planned so couldn't come with. First time staying out without any adults. They survived for what its worth.

We're pretty much done for the season here. I did get an opportunity on a spot/stalk gobbler after sawyer tagged his second but I threw an arrow at his feet. Shot was a little out of my range but it was an opportunity at least! Helping the rancher brand next weekend then its time to get bear baits set and lock in on those critters for the next 5 weeks. Fun time of the year. Hope everyone gets to enjoy the warmer weather and lets go kill some bears!

05-May-20
Beautiful bird!!

05-May-20
Boy you aren't kidding Beav. We took a bunch of pictures of the wings and feathers on this one and just spent some time marveling at God's creation. This bird just had incredible colors.

05-May-20
Very very cool ! This thread made my day.

• Sitka Gear