Contributors to this thread:
Ucsdryder 28-Apr-20
Tyler 28-Apr-20
Nick Muche 28-Apr-20
adam 29-Apr-20
Nick Muche 29-Apr-20
standswittaknife 29-Apr-20
28-Apr-20
Has anyone tried this? Both ends of the rods looked glued in solidly. I have a bow case I would like to fit the quiver in along with the bow but it is too long. Don't want to buy another quiver. If I can get the rods out I could easily cut them with my Apple arrow saw I think.

Thanks.

28-Apr-20
A buddy did it. It worked. I know nothing about the process tho.

28-Apr-20
Any chance you can ask him? Thanks.

28-Apr-20
dropped my bow out of the stand once and the hood of my tight spot popped off as the end of the arrows made contact with the ground first and jarred the glue hard enough to break it free. so I'm sure you can pup the hood off cut the rods down and regale or epoxy in place. although this will probably void the outstanding warranty that tight spot has

28-Apr-20
I’m sure it would work. I wanted a shorter quiver so I picked up their much shorter whitetail version. I can’t see how cutting it shorter would be difficult. There are Allen screws on the lower portion that grip to the carbon rods, remove them, saw and reinstall.

29-Apr-20
Guys, thanks.

Nick, maybe they have changed over the years? There are no allen screws near the rods, only on the base to hold the rubber against the base. They appear to be glued top and bottom, and I hit it with a hair dryer for awhile and they did not loosen.

I sent an email to the company. Also, I did not see their shorter quiver on-line, the one you called 'whitetail'.

I appreciate the help goes.

29-Apr-20
I just cut mine down last night. I cut the rods to the desired finished length then took the arrow gripper and was able to twist the carbon rod that was left with a pair of pliers after a couple twist it came right out. Then cleaned the inside of and carbon rod with some alcohol and used an epoxy to put it back together. Took about 15 minutes start to finish. If you need help send me a message I’ll send some pictures of how I did it.

The whitetail quiver your referring to is called the tight spot rise.

29-Apr-20
I guess it’s called The Rise quiver.

29-Apr-20
Thank you adam. I just received some input to boil it and the glue will let go. I will try that first. Really appreciate the help guys, thanks.

29-Apr-20
It worked! Thanks for the advice, you know who you are! I boiled the bottom section for 12 minutes and with a little force they pulled right out. I cut them off with my Apple arrow saw, and re-installed the base to the rods. It fits great in my bow case.

Thanks again everyone!

29-Apr-20
Wanted to add that I am not concerned about changing the balance of the bow. I always shoot without my quiver attached. I use a kwicky caddy in the tree and just lay it on the floor in a blind.

29-Apr-20
Can we get a pic of the finished product?

30-Apr-20

Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
Sure.

30-Apr-20

This is a better picture but not sure you can really tell it is shortened. The above picture is inside a SKB single parallel limb case.

• Sitka Gear