Huntcell 29-Apr-20
JTreeman 29-Apr-20
wildwilderness 01-May-20
wildwilderness 01-May-20
Pop-r 01-May-20
Bowfreak 01-May-20
Pop-r 01-May-20
29-Apr-20
Looking for advice. A couple of us are looking to do a private land antelope hunt in Colorado this year. Our plan is to just buy landowner tags. I looked through the outfitter reports, but narrowing it down looks nearly impossible. Anyone willing to recommend a good outfitter that would have a couple tags available in a really good big buck area. Preference would be somewhere in the eastern plains to keep the drive time as low as possible

29-Apr-20
Wyoming landowner tags are valid only for landowner and immediate family. Cannot be sold.

Contact Epic Outdoors or Huntin Fool consulting services for assistance with landowner tags in other states. New Mexico maybe your best option as the state is extremely landowner tag friendly allows the sale and transfer of landowner tags and ranches produce high quality antelope.,

29-Apr-20
well crap........Colorado it is then!

29-Apr-20
Colorado has plenty of pronghorns. However if you are looking "really good big buck area" There are a lot better states. Not sure what you consider really good big buck, but in most of CO if you come out and expect anything with archery above low to mid 70's you will likely go home with un punched tag. If you pick the right area you should have a good shot at a P&Y animal in high 60's to low 70's but odds will not be good for something north of 75'' when you are getting into what I would think of as really good big bucks. That not to say there aren't a few 80 inchers here.

29-Apr-20
Deerman, almost the entire eastern plains of Colorado is over-the-counter for archery antelope. So there are no "landowner tags" in most plains units. If you want to hunt private, you can either hire an outfitter, or get landowner permission, or pay a trespass fee. But for most units, your license can be bought at any vendor after you arrive.

29-Apr-20
well........back to the drawing board I guess. Thanks to those that replied. I have more work to do. Looks like a Wyoming leftover tag is back on the options list

29-Apr-20
Stick and Strings a Bowsite sponsor, had hunts in Colorado and Montana recently posted on here. possibly over counter units or leftover tags. another Bowsite sponsor that I believe is around the Gillette area of Wyoming that has good antelope hunts. that area has been 100% draw, still time to get in the Wyoming antelope draw state wide units.

Apply for any of those units you mentioned there is chance to draw in the random round if you don't have enough preference points. build points get up around 6-8 and can do point share with others, to get on a good ranch 75-80 inch lopes.

buy Governor or commissioner tag and have your choice of entire state Wy.

there is outfitter out of Arizona that specializes in 80 in plus antelope guides multiple states.

don't forget the oversize antelope in Alberta. that I believe is over counter with outfitter only.

some of these are pricey option, but I don't see that as a problem with your discretionary cash flow. ;)

or swap for one of your Iowa whitetail hunts.

29-Apr-20
Lots of options for private land outfitters in S/E Colorado with OTC tags. Not big bucks as others Have said, but p&y should certainly be doable with a little patience with a decent outfitter.

For WY you don’t need a leftover at this point, still time to get in the draw. If you are putting it off there may be some leftovers, specifically type 2 in heavy private areas, would most likely be looking for an outfitter there too if you don’t have LO contacts.

—Jim

01-May-20
What is your $Budget?? A trespass fee to hunt eastern CO should not be too much....

I have friends who have killed 75” and 80” lope in eastern C. What are you looking for? Experience or trophy hunting? In CO NW units are draw and have LO tags (look at 3/301)

01-May-20

wildwilderness's Link
Guided pronghorn hunts are relatively less expensive. Look at this thread- close drive as well

01-May-20
I'd be surprised to see any "big buck areas" have any leftover tags.

01-May-20
There are plenty of areas in eastern WY that have leftover tags. Not because there are no goats, simply because these areas are mostly private. Find an outfitter in these areas and tags will be available.

01-May-20
My bad. Wasn't thinking private.

• Sitka Gear