lamb 01-May-20
Dpat 01-May-20
leo17 01-May-20
Mathewsman 01-May-20
LeatherneckGrandpa 01-May-20
writer 01-May-20
lewis 02-May-20
01-May-20
Just saw where a couple of brothers aged 20 and 7 were accidentally shot while turkey hunting in WV.Appears they were shot by a relative.One was airlifted while the other was treated at the scene.Stay safe out there.Lewis

01-May-20
Lucky it was a shotgun. Survivable.

01-May-20
I often consider being shot as lucky.

01-May-20
If the shooter shot at them intentionally, thinking they were a turkey, or he shot at a sound, he should face criminal charges. There is no excuse for this kind of thing.

01-May-20
Bou, Lucky it was a shotgun! Have somebody shoot you with one and let us know how lucky you feel. Dumb comment of the day.

01-May-20
Totally preventable "accident". I agree with Bou'bound. The guy was lucky it was a shotgun and he is still alive. Not sure where he was hit but had he taken a slug bullet he potentially would have been dead.

01-May-20
What part of that statement is wrong? Bou is spot on, bird shot is a lot less deadlier than a slug. There’s a reason we don’t shoot deer with # 6 shot.

01-May-20
I did not say he was lucky to be shot. Have you ever been in a car accident and been told you were lucky to have not been hurt worse? If so did you tell the person who said it to you it was the dumb comment of the day.

01-May-20
A few years back a guy shot his son by accident he was so upset he then shot himself-then his son lived.Tragic stuff.

01-May-20
must be a joke!

01-May-20
3 comments into the thread and it is already off the rails. You cant find entertainment just anywhere like this.

01-May-20
But think of how great some guys weekends will be now that they think they proved a stranger wrong on the internet. ??

01-May-20
SC turkey allowed rifles at one time, not sure they do anymore. Guide was with a hunter set up on a power line I believe. Guide smoked, pulled out a pack of Marlboro and put it up to his mouth to pull out a smoke, some guy shot him from a long ways off thinking it was a turkeys head, he saw the red. Point is, stuff like this should never happen. My brother was shot with a twelve gauge slug at 85 yards, not "lucky" it was a shotgun but lucky it wasn't a rifle. Hit in upper left chest, he survived and they deemed it an accident. My 11 year old nephew shot him!! Should of never happened and we don't blame the kid, it was my other brothers fault for not teaching him the right way! Shawn

01-May-20
Matt, the trick is caring enough to try to figure out what stranger is proved wrong, and which stranger is proved wrong? Oh the dilemma!

01-May-20
And now your weekend is ruined with all the time you will spend trying to figure out who's who.

01-May-20
dpat now your crowned king of the dumb comments

01-May-20
A person is never lucky to be shot with anything doesn't matter if its a rifle, shotgun, pistol or a slingshot. I know what my shotgun with a good choke and turkey load does to a pallet with a target on it at 50 yards. Don't know how far the people were when shot or how much brush was in the way. Hell you could say a bullet from a rifle may of hit a tree and be stopped were a shotgun could still get pellets on target.

What fortunately happened (luckily) was nobody died when someone made a terrible mistake.

Standby saying anyone is lucky to be shot with a shotgun or anything else is a dumb comment, all things considered.

01-May-20
Yes Dpat if my choices were to be missed by a rifle or hit by a shotgun, id take the former.

01-May-20
A local news article reported that they where actually shot with a rifle. Either way it is a very sad and preventable accident that should have never happened!

01-May-20
lamb says to Dpat, "now your crowned king of the dumb comments."

OK, I figure lamb must have skipped that freshman English class. Yes? No?

Your = possessive. "That's your car."

You're = verb contraction, short for you are. "You're the dumb one!"

Carry on.......

01-May-20
A 7 year-old Kansan was shot in the head with a .22 when someone took a shot at the decoy the kid’s dad was holding. Boy survives, and appears to have no long-lasting injuries. Yes, the shooter, who was also trespassing, is known.

02-May-20
Just to add something of interest about shotguns my 3 1/2 inch 12 gauge shooting heavy shot 13 number 6s.out of a Indian Creek choke tube is devastating at 50 yards I have killed turkeys to 70 yards.It fell dead on the shot I actually misjudged the distance or I would not have taken the shot. I have killed coyotes at over 50 yards and wild hogs at 40 plus. I sure would not want to be shot with any load like that.Hope the kid who was airlifted will be okay. Good luck and stay safe Lewis

• Sitka Gear