Bohunner 28-May-20
JohnMC 28-May-20
Tinesup 30-May-20
Tinesup 31-May-20
Tinesup 31-May-20
Paul@thefort 31-May-20
Bohunner 04-Jun-20
01-May-20
Just got another Colorado unsuccessful sheep notification. 16 points now and I bought a point

01-May-20
No sheep for me.

01-May-20

TheHunt29's embedded Photo
Archery Stone sheep 2019
TheHunt29's embedded Photo
Archery Stone sheep 2019
Drew Bighorn Archery! Aug 27-Sept 22 Unit S44. Thank you Huntin Fool! Anyone know anything about area or a good outfitter? Thank you

01-May-20
Congrats!!

Just a suggestion..... Take Hunting Fool out of your post and you'll probably get more help.

A few guys here have hunted it and will probably reach out to you. Good luck on your hunt.

01-May-20
Congrats hunt!!

01-May-20
I’m confused. What did huntin fool do that deserved a thank you?

01-May-20
No luck here just another point for sheep and moose.

01-May-20
No Bow Ovis for me

01-May-20
You have your work cut out for you in S44. That said any sheep tag beats no tag.

01-May-20
Most of the Rams spend the archery hunt just outside of the unit boundaries, and the others love to hug the private or in heavy timber. Lots of pressure from the several other archers.

01-May-20

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
All it takes is a little editing and boom successful!!

01-May-20
Congrat's! thehunt29 pm sent

01-May-20
Nuttin for me except another point.

01-May-20
Cheap desert ram tag you got there John.

02-May-20
Mike, If ya need any pointers for S-44 feel free to reach out

I helped a friend out and he did well with this S-44 Ram

Good luck, Robb

02-May-20
Congratulations on the tag, Mike!

That can be a tough one, but there have been a few great rams come out of there. Looks like you are getting some responses from a few guys with sheep experience in there. Hope you connect on a great ram!

Huge CONGRATUALTIONS on the Stone! That one is on the bucket list...

02-May-20
Unsuccessful 3+14 and did not pay the $100 for any more points. Influx of newbies will damper odds next year going forward but I make enough donations for tags I’ll never get.

04-May-20
S63 desert Bighorn!! Would love any info anyone has!

04-May-20
You lucky SOB! I hooked you up with who I know! Good luck and we expect a complete write up with pics come early December!

04-May-20

04-May-20
Wow Keith! Jackpot for sure! Congratulations! Don’t know a thing about that unit but Am sure you will figure it out!

05-May-20
Good for you Keith!

I'm so Jealous--------> haha

Robb

05-May-20

samman's embedded Photo
samman's embedded Photo
The condensed version of my email from the CPW.

27-May-20
After 18 years of applying I drew a s32 unit archery tag. I drew the lone non-res tag for Aug. 1-16. I have to admit a couple of things here. #1. After about a decade of unsuccessful messages when I checked the Colorado site the day of the drawing I quit checking it and waited for the mail message. So when I opened the envelope I nearly shit myself. Well after I ruled out that I hadn't mistakenly put in for something else I nearly shit myself #2 I have been so busy with 3 kids and running a business I have not been on Bowsite for a while. I got back on because I quickly remembered how helpful the site and the guys on here can be for a hunt like this. So I'm now like the guy on Christmas Eve sitting in church who hasn't been to church in months. #3 - When I first started putting in for this I was a frequent Bowsiter with no kids. I remember reading posts on other guys hunts. Although I didn't chime in much because I knew zero I thought to myself if those old farts can climb that terrain and hunt I can. Well 18 years later I look just like one of those "Old Farts".

So it has sunk in that I have the tag. I've ordered some maps, have been looking up everything I can on sheep hunting, started out the last week biking in low gears 4 miles a day. I'm going to start walking with hunting boots and weighted pack in couple of days. I already shoot my bow quite a bit to stay sharp for deer and turkey but I will be increasing that and stretching my distance ability out. I think I and my equipment are capable out to 60 in good conditions at known ranges. I humbly ask for assistance on any facet of this hunt that anyone would be willing to provide. Oh and I try to go to church every Sunday but sometimes when the fish are biting or the rut is on I don't make it.

27-May-20
Congratulations Bohunner!

That is an awesome tag!

There are some great threads on here about sheep hunting that can help out a lot. Kurt had one about hunting thinhorn sheep that has a ton of great tips. I will bump it up for you.

28-May-20
Bohunner, Congratulations on the tag. I had that archery tag the first years they started the rifle hunts. I'd offer you some information but not sure how good it would be. If you want to send me a PM. Mark

28-May-20
Over the next few days I am going to try to read all the sheep threads that remotely pertain. All tags and animals deserve your best effort but this one is just a little more special than most. I won't lie I really want to take a sheep on this hunt. I feel like to walk off that mountain knowing that I respected the hunt and all the guys that didn't draw it yet by giving it my greatest effort is just mandatory.

28-May-20
Bohunner did you get my reply to your PM? Glad to help anyway I can.

30-May-20
I had an S44 tag last year. Tough unit when the sheep hang out out of the unit.

31-May-20

Tinesup's embedded Photo
Tinesup's embedded Photo

31-May-20

Tinesup's embedded Photo
Tinesup's embedded Photo

31-May-20

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Sean, this is the sheep I killed in S32 in 1997. The area of the kill was on the SE side of Republic Mt. I drove up there in a 250 Ford from Republic CO. mostly in creeper gear. Took 1.5 hours from Republic. That trail is worse now as the Colorado 4x4 Club and others has used the road a few time when they held their rally nearby. An ATV would be the best bet now. I might still have maps of the area I can lend you and I am willing to talk to you via the phone about what I did. Paul

04-Jun-20
PM sent Paul

• Sitka Gear