drmike 30-Jul-20
JohnMC 30-Jul-20
JohnMC 30-Jul-20
MathewsMan 30-Jul-20
JohnMC 30-Jul-20
Surfbow 31-Jul-20
drmike 03-Aug-20
03-May-20
I just drew after over 20 years in the draw! My hunting partner archery hunted S12 in 2013 but ultimately did not fill the tag, so I'm fairly familiar with the unit as I was with him most of the time. I have a few contacts in the area and will reach out to Marv in particular but wanted to start a thread hoping Eric (Lone Bugle) will chime in. I plan to scout the week of 5.5 and 5.11 to begin with. Sheep!

03-May-20
Congrats on the tag that’s beautiful country!

03-May-20
Congratulations! Probably too early to scout. I would wait until the end of June.

03-May-20
End of June may still early to get over some of the passes...

03-May-20
Kevin, Congratulations! Lone Bugle helped me a ton last year and I'm happy to help you at as well. I'm eager to share with you my experience from last year. I was very fortunate to tag out early in the season. PM me and we can chat.

03-May-20
Thanks guys! By scout, I really mean just simply glassing whatever I can see at this early stage of the game as I'll be down that way 2 times in the next 2 weeks. Hoping the vantage from the old fire station turns something up! 2xLung, thanks for the offer and I'll surely reach out directly soon as I compile all my maps such as not to waste your time. As you all can imagine, my shoulder is killing me after all this shooting this weekend!

06-May-20
I just found out I drew this tag as well. Already a little stressed about it thinking I would never draw a sheep tag in my life and knew I would never be able to afford to just buy one. Pretty sure this will be my one shot at it. I would appreciate any info anyone has. Glad I checked the info here since I was planning a scouting trip in a few weeks. I may delay to the latter half of June now.

06-May-20
In 2008 I was the first to get a wheeled vehicle over Weston Pass....My Honda XR250R dirt bike on June 13 as I remember, and there was still a bunch of snow around the top that I managed to go thru and around in the evening when it was soft. That was a mega snow year for sure. Good luck, great tag!!!

08-May-20
the snow was still way below timberline last weekend, mid-late June you can usually get to some vantage spots ...not sure if you can search old posts here anymore, all the most likely S12 sheep spots have been discussed in detail on here in the past. Good luck

09-May-20
I was able to easily get glass on sheep, elk and unfortunately goats this week from the various glassing spots from all sides of the range! Pretty darn excited!

10-May-20
Congratulations on the tag! It makes for a great summer. Enjoy every minute of the process

18-May-20
Got good glassing in again this week and turned up sheep! I surely am enjoying every minute of the process! I worry that the trick is figuring out where they go as us 8 archery hunters push them around this season! Good stuff! Thanks for all of the support!

19-May-20
Congratulations on the tag! Enjoy the process.

31-May-20
Excellent scouting trip this weekend...rams were everywhere they should've been! Got to put my conditioning to the test after a month now of knowing I had the tag! I've got work to do but was able to get as high as I needed to get good glass on many sheep. So excited! I'm going to reach out to the Biologist to get some intel on the far north end of the unit as I just read Oldham's '19 report of RBS-05. Any real intel from any of you beyond the normal stuff that everyone knows would be greatly appreciated!

20-Jun-20

Lone Bugle's embedded Photo
Lone Bugle's embedded Photo
Great news, and always happy to share what I know in exchange for stories of the hunt!!

30-Jul-20
Good luck to all of the sheep hunters out this weekend!

30-Jul-20
I got this pic from a unknown hunter in a unknown unit. That is up already for opening day. My money is on this guy get a good one!

30-Jul-20
I got this pic from a unknown hunter in a unknown unit. That is up already for opening day. My money is on this guy get a good one!

30-Jul-20
I’m contemplating printing out a tag and spending some time myself poking around here for a Dall starting on the 10th.

I still have fond memories climbing around Weston Pass and the area with my first tag back in 1988, which dad and I drew with zero points. S12 has gotten markedly better over the years. Good luck guys.

30-Jul-20

31-Jul-20

Surfbow's embedded Photo
Surfbow's embedded Photo
We found a few last weekend...

03-Aug-20
Anybody heard any news?

• Sitka Gear