Ward's Outfitters 11-Jun-20
Matt 11-Jun-20
Guardian hunter 12-Jun-20
fubar racin 12-Jun-20
Ward's Outfitters 12-Jun-20
Ward's Outfitters 12-Jun-20
Beachtree 13-Jun-20
03-May-20
During these crazy times, I thought it would be cool to have you guys tell us how you would like to see the Vortex Broadheads tested. Also if you have any questions we could also answer those with short clips of video. Please give us some reasonable tests you would like to see.

03-May-20
You could always send some broadheads over to John Lusk. He has tested many broadheads on his youtube channel.

03-May-20
What bowbender77 said

03-May-20
bowbender77 x3. Consumers are not interested in test results from the person selling the broadhead.

03-May-20
"Consumers are not interested in test results from the person selling the broadhead."

John Lusk has an archery web store which sells broadheads.

04-May-20
But a retailer can afford to be a lot more objective than a manufacturer... If a manufacturer didn’t think his heads were as good as a head can be, why would he still be in business?

Personally, I think it’d be instructive to see what happens (using very high speed video) when 1 blade strikes a solid bone.

04-May-20
Just keep showing pictures of dead animals Whose demise they contributed to. It’s the only test that matters

04-May-20
^^^^^ +1

04-May-20
My favorite are gory, graphic wound pictures. I am also generally skeptical on tests performed by the manufacturer, unless I know their character very well.

04-May-20
If all that matters is the number of animals killed by a design, there’s no hope for anything other than a 2-blade COC. :p

04-May-20
I’ll never shoot another head, shot big buck quartering away, blew thru liver lungs and into opposite shoulder, dropped in 20 yards. Absolutely devastating

05-May-20
100 percent money back guarantee if you lose an animal ( with proof of course)

05-May-20
Lmao, refund on the pack of blades I mean. Should of been a little more clear on that one! They are great head along with a great company who has great customer service. If you don’t shoot these, you need too!

06-May-20
Send me a pack and I will use them on my spring bear hunt and will video it of course, i will give one to my buddy David(rattling junkie) so likely 2 big bears killed on film using vortex

06-May-20
I have one for you, shoot a 3-1 coc and a Vortex through some thickest brush or grass placed 3 foot before the target, see which one drives straight through and don't deflect or tumble! Shawn

06-May-20
Orrrr just take the owners words for it. They are outstanding heads. No need to go back and forth just spend the 45$ and try them! I’m sure you guys have spend more money on less

06-May-20
Hey ward maybe give us a code for free shipping for a discount on the heads if you buy a certain amount. Bowsite only members

06-May-20
What does shooting any head through thick grass and brush really accomplish?

07-May-20
I just received mine yesterday. 100 grain steel American archer. Hopefully will test them this fall on a WI Bear

07-May-20
JLeMieux,

I think it just tells you that you shouldn't shoot through thick grass or brush. :)

07-May-20
Haha, thanks Bowfreak.

10-Jun-20

Ward's Outfitters's embedded Photo

10-Jun-20

10-Jun-20

10-Jun-20

10-Jun-20

10-Jun-20

10-Jun-20

10-Jun-20

10-Jun-20

10-Jun-20
You’d get a lot of visibility if you sent a pack to John Lusk. He does a lot of Broadhead reviews. They’re not perfect but he does them all the same so you can begin to compare heads against eachother.

11-Jun-20
The only one that impressed me was the leg bone pass thru. Impressive I didn’t think an expandable would hold up going through that bone

11-Jun-20
Can you use those on moose

11-Jun-20
Bou bound

Absolutely with the correct setup.

11-Jun-20

Altitude sick

This one broadhead was shot 12 times through 3/4"plywood without failure. You can watch a live video on Facebook.

11-Jun-20
"The only one that impressed me was the leg bone pass thru. Impressive I didn’t think an expandable would hold up going through that bone."

I shattered the offside femur of a mountain caribou with a Vortex 125 gr. steel w/ no damage to the BH. 50 yard shot, quartering too, started walking just as I released so I hit back. Not quite the same as the pic below where the BH penetrated through and the bone stayed intact, but still impressive performance.

12-Jun-20
Steven, how low of poundage can these effectively and consistently open and penetrate effectively. It seems that they might need more KE than rage etc. Would consider selling them in our shop.

12-Jun-20
I’d like to see them shot out of a heavy bow on a heavy arrow into heavy bone and then see what comes out the other side.

12-Jun-20

Guardian Hunter they utilize less energy than rage feel free to give me a call and I can explain why 520-404-5114 Fubar Racin they have been independently tested and shot through cow femurs without failure. Stick and String yes they are sharp and we have never had an issue harvesting game to include moose and bison

12-Jun-20

Stick n String The Vortex blades are sharp enough to kill anything you decide to hunt. The blades are made of an industry secret material that is designed to bend under extreme loads rather than break. Because of this they are not as sharp as a blade used to shave with but we have never had an issue with the thousands of animals harvested with Vortex.

13-Jun-20
I can say I took two pair of pliers, took a blade from the big vortex, and bent it till it looked like a curly french fry. its extremely tough and did not break.

• Sitka Gear