Buffalo1 08-May-20
Ermine 09-May-20
TD 09-May-20
Outdoorsdude 19-May-20
Buffalo1 28-May-20
SaddleReaper 29-May-20
Buffalo1 29-May-20
05-May-20
Anyone got any first-hand experience or knowledge of this vane? Product of Flex Fletch Archery.

05-May-20
I had a customer who insisted on them. He and his entire family (wife and 4 kids) all used them on their target and 3D arrows. They are pretty soft if I remember correctly. I gave all I had to him when I closed my shop. I wouldn't use them for fixed blade heads unless I was supremely confident in my arrow tune.

05-May-20
x-man,

Don't understand what you are say in your statement- " I wouldn't use them for fixed blade heads unless I was supremely confident in my arrow tune."

Tks

05-May-20
Sorry, I should have explained that better... They do not "catch" a lot of air. Part of what makes them so "silent". Without catching much air, you don't get as much stabilization. They work awesome for field points and small profile mechanical broadheads. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone without perfect arrow flight.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that your broadhead group size may open up with these. Or, it may not, depending on good your tune and form are. They aren't as good at stabilizing as a Blazer vane is but,... maybe you don't need that much? It all depends...

05-May-20
Was that several years ago, x-man? I think the changed them a few years ago and made them stiffer. They feel stiffer to me then AAE Max Stealth now, albeit a slightly lower profile.

I've used them the last 3 years and been very happy.

05-May-20
I'm a big fan of the SK-200 and SK-300. I think they are much quieter than Blazers and work well.

05-May-20
Yes, actually that was more than 10 years ago. They may very well have changed them.

05-May-20
Tks to all for the clarification.

I talked with Flex Fletch and they told me they were stiffer material than the Flex Fletch 360 which is what I have been using and really like. Wanted to do a little experimenting. This 3" SK is suppose to be a new product for 2020.

05-May-20
I have used the silent knight canes for quite a few years maybe 7-8. I have never had an issue with fixed or mechanical heads flying great. I am no tune guru either. I have ran three and four fletch.

05-May-20
I’ve used them. They’re good vanes, kind of soft. With a tuned bow they’ll rock with any broadhead.

05-May-20

SaddleReaper's embedded Photo
SaddleReaper's embedded Photo
Havent used SKs but ran the FFP 360s last season and am really happy with the flight so far steering hybrid mechanicals and fixed blades. I won't be switching anytime soon.

05-May-20
I like them. I’ve shot both the 3 inch and 2 inch Currently shooting the 2 inch

06-May-20
I shoot the 3 inch in a four fletch configuration. I like them a lot. Shooting fixed blade VPAs with no problem.

06-May-20
Best pure hunting vane in the industry

06-May-20
I run the 3" and just bought the 2" to try with my new arrow setup. Never had a problem with getting fixed blades to fly. Good vane i don't think you can go wrong with them.

06-May-20
"Best pure hunting vane in the industry".

I totally agree. I have fletched all my arrows with them since they came out. Originally FlexFlex specified them for crossbows, but I've seen more and more compound shooters using them. Great vane.

08-May-20

Buffalo1's embedded Photo
They arrived today from Lancaster Archery. Before I ordered the vanes, I had a rather lengthy conversation with CS at Flex Fletch. They were most informative and were able to explain the benefits of the new Silent Knight to what I am currently shooting, the FFP 360 vane.

08-May-20

The 9 compelling reasons that make all other vanes obsolete. Guess we were just lucky to have even hit a target with the others !!
The 9 compelling reasons that make all other vanes obsolete. Guess we were just lucky to have even hit a target with the others !!
Now to fletch and do some testing. Shafts are currently in Bitz Fletching Jigs with the new vanes being installed.

08-May-20

They fletched well. Conformed well to the shaft and seem to have good adhesion. I did use the Zing primer before applying the glue (Bohning Platinum).

After I test them, I provide some feedback on performance, etc.

09-May-20
They are great vane. Not sure if you will see much of a difference over the 360’s thou. The 360’s are a great vane. Quieter I think and great control

09-May-20
I've shot the SK300 a few years now and pretty happy. With my hearing I couldn't tell you how "silent" they were and really don't care, as I think it really doesn't matter. IMO it's not the arrow noise animals are alerted by, it's the bow. Feathers are about the noisiest things in the air, coupled with some big old school snuffers it was like a circus caliapohy coming down the street. Lot of things killed with such equipment.

They shoot great. Have no issues and I really like to shoot big ol two blade fixed. Far more control than blazers and such, IMO. They glue on well, I'm a big fan of the zinger(?) primer, made a big difference in how they stay on. They are pretty stiff, stiff vanes will really test your glue job. As with all fletching, I'd recommend giving em a good helical if your shooting fixed blades.

If I had to find a negative it's that they are so stiff. They hang up in the animals more than just about anything else I've shot. Get full passthrough but the fletching does tend to hang up. If feathers are the least resistance then these are right up there on the other end of the scale with the most. Arrow usually fall out down the trail but 10 yards on the other side is less common. Although blew right though lengthwise on a 60 lb pig last week. =D

Good vanes.

19-May-20
Been bowhunting 32 yrs., the last 5 I have been using the SK300, love them. So much, my wife is using the SK200. Stiffer than most but not rigid-blazer stiff. I prep with acetone on the arrow, Zing on the fletch base and super glue. The only time I had one tear off was year before last, when I split an elk rib and momentum shoved the arrow out the other side.

28-May-20
I have been shooting the vanes recently with field points. Fly well, but they seem to loose shape easily when gripping them to pull arrows out of a target. However, they have good memory and return to original shape.

Next test will be with BH's for flight and chronograph to compare speed with the Flex Fletch 360's that I have been using.

29-May-20
I'll be curious to hear your findings!

29-May-20
Today was cloudy, overcast day with no wind. A perfect day for some arrow flight testing. I used 2 shafts with 3" Silent Knight vanes and 2 shafts with Flex Fletch 360 vanes. Both were 4-fletched. I shot 20-30-40 yds. I could not tell a lot of major difference between the two fletchings. I was using like shafts and Slick Trick Standards 125 gr. BH. The Silent Knight is suppose to be quieter and produce a little more arrow speed. I did not chronograph and did not have my hearing aids in so I really could not detect the flight noise difference off the bow string.

At the end of my shooting session, I was tired and screwed in some 2 blade VPA vented BH's just to see what would happen at 20 yds. I have to say they were true darts with the Silent Knight vanes.

After all is said and done- Watching my arrow flight and target hits, I tend to favor the 360's and will continue to use them. I have high confidence with them as I have seen their results on previously live animals!

• Sitka Gear