altitude sick 06-May-20
standswittaknife 06-May-20
altitude sick 06-May-20
Fatbass 06-May-20
McCree 06-May-20
Habitat 06-May-20
Nick Muche 06-May-20
05-May-20
Hey guys. I hope you had better luck drawing tags then I did went 0 for 6. Has anyone booked an archery moose hunt with Papa Bear Adventures out of Bethal, Alaska? Obviously in the planning stages right now just trying to get everything lined out well in advance. Any advice or suggestions you experienced moose hunters have I would love to hear. Thank you. Joe

05-May-20
Those transporters are charging outfitter prices for their drop hunts now. Better book sooner than later. Renfros Would be their main competitor. Call em both and see who you like better. Gods country cost more but has a super cub if you want a different experience.

06-May-20
Thank you very much. Have you moose hunted with either one?

06-May-20
I hunted with Renfros, a great outfit and they hunt the exact same areas as Papa Bear. That unit is loaded with moose. Not a scenic area from mountains and streams aspect. Until you get along the Yukon River.

fewer bears because it’s all low ground. Fewer winter denning areas close I suppose.

Both are good outfits usually taking 2-3 yrs to get a spot. They are higher priced. but demand drives that. And the amount of moose and the trophy quality, drives demand. You can be dropped somewhere for half the price.

And there’s usually a reason it’s half the price.

06-May-20
An absolute blast of a hunt. Went in 2016 and killed two giant bulls. That is when Steve owned the company and the new owners basically doubled the cost. I could not justify it now, but the hunt itself was amazing. Renfro has a reputation of basically being a conveyor belt of hunters. I'm glad I went with PB...

06-May-20
I think Papa Bear has newer or better maintained equipment. And both hunt the same area. Both will drop you where there are moose in the area.

But I Would put PB Above Renfros

06-May-20
Great information guys thank you. I believe based on numerous opinions we will plan on using PB. Next question. Apx cost for everything except flights for a 14 day hunt?

06-May-20
Two buddies and I are going with PB in 2022. We actually drew with them last year for 2021 but postponed due to work obligations. One of my buddies has been with them 2x and went 4/4 on the first trip and 3/3 on the second. I'm anxiously awaiting 2022 now!

06-May-20
Theres some auction fly in on Alaska bowhunters

06-May-20
The bush flights that the ABA has are for Kodiak unfortunately, so no moose drops.

• Sitka Gear