Steve Leffler 07-May-20
Habitat 07-May-20
DEMO-Bowhunter 07-May-20
Shawn 07-May-20
RD 07-May-20
Habitat 07-May-20
walks with a gimp 07-May-20
06-May-20
Looking to possibly purchase a Redneck Blind...the 6 X 7 "Big Country model. Just looking for some feedback from anyone that has one.

I apologize if this topic has been previously discussed. I couldn't find a search tab on here to look.

06-May-20
I have one. They are good blinds for the money in my opinion. If you live in snow country you need to take the cover off the metal frame in the winter as a heavy snow load will collapse the metal roof. I learned that lesson.

06-May-20
Wife bought the 6x6 Buck Pallas Last fall and just set it on a trailer. Finally got around to getting a 10 tower and setting it in a great spot a few weeks ago. Visibility is great but in the air we can see a person in it pretty easy, background curtains need to be used wisely. I thought it was pretty well sealed up but when I was checking it out a week ago it was full of flies so they are getting in somewhere. I'm not sure it was worth the money but she wanted it. I rebuilt an old ground blind last winter and used all treated lumber and new pole shed steel siding. I even spray foam insulated it and made 8 vertical windows with lexan and it was around $800.00 to build. It will outlast the rest of my life. Have pics on my phone...

06-May-20
They are well made and really nice to get out of the weather. But the deer in my area don’t like it and my plots are always better within 30 yards radius of my blind. The deer avoid walking near them. I know guys kill deer from them During archery but they are far more effective for gun hunting IMO.

I have one in NY and two that came with my Ohio property. I’m figuring out the best placement for my Ohio blinds but they may just end up overlooking our coyote spots.

07-May-20
We are very satisfied with our Redneck hay bales blinds, very good quality.

07-May-20
I have mine on the ground and blended into the brush along the edge of my plot. In general the deer seem to ignore it but this is Vermont and we aren’t shooting big bucks out of it. Love using it on a rainy evening or if taking someone hunting.

07-May-20
Theres alot of difference between the hard sided and the gillie blind,they are all good quality and I mounted a gillie blind on a hay trailer so I can move around.I also have a hardsided and it is good.I bought the black curtains,they could be made better as the double sided tape doesn't hold very well.I also bought the redneck chairs and they are really nice.I got them on sale on the redneck site and I would check there for sure as you can save alot buying when they put specials on

07-May-20
We bought several of the 6x7's and use them to hunt with our kids out of them. They are very nice blinds and have placed all of them on elevated stands. We set most of them up overlooking small food plots and have had reasonable luck bow hunting out of them, but they are set mostly for gun hunting or places the kids can see a lot of deer. We put a couple gillie soft sided blinds on their skids and those work pretty good for turkey as we can drag them to strutting fields in spring and then in fall, drag them back to tighter quarters for deer.

We plan to add a few more in a couple other areas in the next year or two as we develop more of our property.

07-May-20
I just ordered a soft side 360 and will place it on a Landmark 10ft platform along a powerline I hunt. I believe it will be a game changer as there is no other way to get within bow range of the deer moving through this area. Shawn

07-May-20
Habitat, are the chairs you bought noisy? I got one for Christmas and really liked it until I started turkey hunting with it. It's really comfortable but the cushions make noise every time you move. You can't have that when a gobbler is 10yds away.

07-May-20
I don't hear anything but I am almost deaf,also putting any of these on any height platform make sure it is very well secured or it will blow over

07-May-20

walks with a gimp's embedded Photo
walks with a gimp's embedded Photo
The old ground blind I rebuilt and made a platform for.

• Sitka Gear