BSBD 09-May-20
kentuckbowhnter 09-May-20
Korey Wolfe 09-May-20
Two Feathers 09-May-20
JL 09-May-20
GF 09-May-20
greg simon 12-May-20
09-May-20
Is he that “That’s the way you do it” trick shot artist?

Because even though I generally figure there’s some Trickery (and likely a great deal of editing!) on a Trick Shot...

Anybody who can snap a shaft on its way down has got some skills! I’m happy when I can snap one (on purpose!) when it’s stuck in the ground...

09-May-20
The young man is an amazing shot. He must have shot at absolutely everything and anything as a kid.

As I said on Leatherwall.

So much for proper form being the end all be all.

Of course it’s important for static targets at known distances and trying to hit an X

09-May-20
That guy has incredible vision

09-May-20
A Stacy Groscup Jr.

09-May-20
The kids is impressive:

09-May-20
“ So much for proper form being the end all be all.”

I don’t think anybody ever insisted that you need to use proper, static form to hit moving target. As a matter fact, I have often said that the two really don’t mix. At least I can’t do it. Moving targets, I have to stay fluid or I just SUCK.

But for people who can’t group for squat to begin with, it’s much better place to start/way to learn. And solid form is as good for random distances as it is for marked, unless you are consciously gapping.

And then, FWIW.... To hit an arrow on its way down... At least it’s a vertical line. Even I can do that ;) And it’s not like he’s doing it at 25 yards; most likely he’s breaking those arrows at just a few yards, where “all” he has to do is pick up the arrow and shoot “point-on” at the point. Not that I could necessarily do any better with my skeet gun. It’s one thing to figure out how he does it and quite another to figure out how to actually do it yourself.

He has a helluva gift, but he didn’t get to where he is by starting there, which is basically what the “Instinctive” camp insists can be done.

09-May-20
GF said "To hit an arrow on its way down... At least it’s a vertical line. Even I can do that"

I will take that bet!

09-May-20
Not that I could hit a falling arrow but as gf said “at least it’s a vertical line”. The wedding ring though is not and I don’t care if it’s only 8 feet away. It’s still dang though as far as I’m concerned.

09-May-20
Amazing! That guy certainly has shot a pile of arrows to be able to do all those tricks! Cool

09-May-20
As long as the bet is that I can hit a vertical line at short yardage. I never said I could do it on a falling arrow.

09-May-20
He has great form when his shots require it. Some of his vids show 100 yard shots into a bale popping balloons. You don’t get that accuracy short drawing or snap shooting.

09-May-20
I wonder if he can hit a deer

09-May-20
I'm beyond impressed!

09-May-20
I wonder what his vision is? It's got to be better than mine. I've never seen anything that impressive.

09-May-20
Hitting the water drop was pretty cool. Of course how many arrows did it take to get that on film?

09-May-20
About .00001 times as many as it’d take me....

12-May-20
I thought "wow even I can do that hay bale shot" until I noticed the ring!!! That kid can shoot!!! I'm impressed.

• Sitka Gear