spike buck 11-May-20
Mule Power 11-May-20
Bou'bound 12-May-20
Rut Nut 12-May-20
Stubbleduck 12-May-20
spike buck 12-May-20
JasonInIowa 17-May-20
07-May-20
With, apparently, a large number of hunters from this year (2020) deferred to next year because of the virus related border shut down I wonder if tags for next (2021) years Canadian spring bear season might become a scarce commodity.

07-May-20
I got news for you. It’s not just gonna be “Canada Bear Hunts”...

08-May-20
Someone brought up a good point in that long-winded Hunt Cancellation thread........if the outfitter only gets "X" amount of tags each year, he/she can only defer X number of number of people over to 2021. If 2021 had alot of bookings already.....ya...I could see openings (tags) being scarce. Would that justify the outfitters raising the prices on those remaining 2021 openings to help recoup 2020 losses?? I don't know...that might turn into another long-winded thread.

08-May-20
Our outfitter in Quebec has moved our group to 2021 for the same camp/week. As many outfitters, he depends to a certain degree on return clients. I know he runs 2 camps in one park and a DIY camp in another. He wanted to offer a DIY hunt this spring if the border were to open. We declined even if the border were to open. Were the border to open w/o any stay over issues; I would think some 2020 hunts could take place. Nowhere is this virus under control for our group to risk travel at this time.

08-May-20
I have baits out right now. Some are willing to come up in June if border opens. Wish full thinking most likely but we'll be ready for anything thrown at us. Everyone has been cooped up, wont take much to get a few hunters up this spring at the last minute.

Another issue is... will the Ministries be ready for licenses and forms for the hunter if border opens. Not sure if they have been in the offices or not. Just because we are ready to go, doesn't mean OMNRF is!!

They will revisit the border issue about the 18th for the 21rst. But Doug Ford (Ontario) does not have China Virus under control.

08-May-20
We will know if the border is open when we start to see threads like this: "2020 Spring Bear Hunt available, CALL NOW!" Might be some terrific last-minute deals.

I agree with Spike, if they open some guys will drop everything and head north. I hope for everyone's sake it happens, I guess a lot of guides are baiting just in case. That's a lot of work and expense for potentially no payback.

08-May-20
I told my outfitter to put me on "speed dial". :) If the border opens, I'll be in camp in 4.5 hours. I'm leaving my schedule open from now until the end of their bear season. BUT, I'm not real optimistic that is going to happen. I just don't think the border will be open by the time the season is over.

08-May-20
"Just because we are ready to go, doesn't mean OMNRF is!!"

Another good point Spike. Has anyone called their respective MNRF to see if they have all the tags and paperwork ready to go?

08-May-20
I phoned about a week ago.... no answer.

08-May-20
What's funny is the Ontario Premier is telling all citizens to stay home. Do not leave the cities to go to your lake cottage over Easter. Then someone brings up a picture of the premier at his cottage over Easter. He thought no one would be around to see him.

08-May-20
Perhaps he does not consider himself a citizen??

08-May-20
In the same news cast just now, about the visit to his cottage. He mentioned he had a conversation with Trudope last night. He insisted the US / Canadian Border crossings stay closed!! He's such an @$$!!

08-May-20

JL's Link
Alot of illegals are crossing from Canada to the US. I guess PM Trudeau isn't too worried about that. Hopefully he will see the how the US reopening is going and will follow the lead and open the border.

08-May-20
There is 100% certainty that will happen

The question is when

That border is going to reopen though. Count on it.

08-May-20
If the border opens I will be in NB on June 1. Our outfitter is baiting and is ready to go. We will see.

08-May-20
In NB last week of June 2020, don’t worry about a thing, God always...always works it out!

09-May-20
Rodb

Absolutely. Can’t be proven any differently

10-May-20
I think God cares about those hunters as humans and his creation, not as bear hunters going to Canada

11-May-20
My family and I might care about when the border opens? It‘s our livelihood and a lot of other jobs, way of life depend on it too. Just saying...

11-May-20
Spike...…………………………...ever hear the phrase: "DO AS I SAY......………..NOT AS I DO!" ???

11-May-20

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
No doubt it's been very slow for alot of folks during this virus shutdown. I got excited today while trapping. I got a color phase today running my trap line......;-)

11-May-20
I think you should have passed on the grey mouse, JL. His ears look awfully big!

11-May-20

spike buck's embedded Photo
spike buck's embedded Photo
But I got a double whammy!!

11-May-20
Those traps are no bigger than match packs Rowdy Dowdy!

I gotta admit though I’d be getting a rug made out of that one on the right!

12-May-20
Boar or sow

12-May-20
DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You KNOW it's BAD when a "CANADIAN BEAR HUNT" thread turns into THIS! ;-)

12-May-20
Maybe back to the original question.....will stacking an apparently large number of 2020 hunters into 2021 put a premium on the hunt slots available for "New" bear hunters in 2021? By premium I mean either significant pressure to book early for 2021 or possibly a price increase?

12-May-20
Not sure... will have to wait and see.

17-May-20
I talked to Kyle at Eagle Eye a couple of weeks ago and due to rescheduling it sounded like he only had a couple of spots open for next year. I took one....

• Sitka Gear