Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
A COMMON THREAD RUNS THROUGH

09-May-20
So what might the subjects of these three pictures have in common? Turkey hunting in western Colorado.

09-May-20
You could have shot the blind, the decoys and the bear but that’s not possible in Colorado since they are ridiculous enough to not have a spring bear season.

09-May-20
Is there spray paint on the bear we can’t see?

10-May-20
the blind is blind the turkeys are not real and can not see either the bear has glaucoma and is also blind

so the common thread is they are all "blind"

10-May-20

10-May-20

10-May-20
Spring colors for one thing.Browns/greens.

10-May-20
Did the bear chew on the blind, and the decoy?

10-May-20
I'm guessing that is it Jake. Those dirty suckers love to tear down binds and, chew on things made from foam

10-May-20

time to repair two broken rod/hubs, bear damage
time to repair two broken rod/hubs, bear damage
tooth holes
tooth holes
no, not elk antler holes. NOT MY PICTURE
no, not elk antler holes. NOT MY PICTURE
all in all, a least 7 bite and claw rips in blind plus the broken rod hub. All can be repaired as I am doing now.
all in all, a least 7 bite and claw rips in blind plus the broken rod hub. All can be repaired as I am doing now.

10-May-20
Hope they were not being used at the time! ;-)

10-May-20
SO, the common thread to this story is that a Colorado bear decided to visit my turkey blind and turkey decoys and have his way with them.

Tricia and I arrived at our western Colorado camping spot last week, and set up the tent only 1/2 mile from where I had killed a few toms in the past. That late afternoon, I hiked to the meadow/pond and set up the blind and placed out the 4 decoys so I would be ready at first light the next morning. As I approached the next AM in the gathering light, I see that the blind and been collapsed. I thought, the wind might have blown it over but there was no wind that night or this morning.. I looked where I had left the jake and hen decoy set up ( I had placed the other two hen decoys in the blind) but they were not where I had set them up. I did find the hen decoy (with tooth holes) 100 ft away but no Jake decoy. Later I found it 200 yards away as pictured. I returned to the blind where I found the damaged blind and even one of the hen decoys had teeth holes. All can be fixed as I have a few spare rods and hubs.

Yep, bear/blind/decoys, a common thread connected them all together. My best, Paul

10-May-20
Good thing you weren’t in the blind at the time.....for the bear!! You might have to exact a little payback this fall, Paul!

10-May-20
Paul, did you give Medicinemann the win ? If so, what was the prize for this one ? Hope that you are able to repair the damage.......badbull

10-May-20
Bob, Jake got my highest praise as a prize. That has to be worth something.

So just finished patching with 12 patches in all. Used 7m spray on adhesive and camo cloth. Then use sprayed on camo paint to finish. Added a new rod hub, and touched up the blind and also did some touch up on the older T-2 blind. All is good for another year.

Troy, I hear ya. my best, Paul

10-May-20

repair complete
repair complete

12-May-20
Well I am heading out again with my repaired jake decoy tomorrow, bears or no bears.

12-May-20
Bears love blinds almost as much as gas cans and trail cams.

12-May-20
Bears have made Double Bull and other ground blind manufacturers millions. I think it’s a conspiracy.

12-May-20
A couple of years ago I was out trying to roost a bird. I had a bird sound off and know the area well. I set my blind up that nigh and was going to return in the morning to hunt. Well that morning I got to where I set it up and it was gone. I was like sun bitch someone stole my blind. And in the dark. Well as it got light I saw something dark and out of place. Well I started to walk over to it and as I got closer I noticed it was my blind.

Well a bear had grabbed it ripped one side pretty good and dragged it about a hundred fifty yards. Didnt think at the time of taking a picture of it, wish I did. Well after a fair amount of repairs it's almost as good as it was. Ed

12-May-20
They are also fond of 3d targets and ATV seats.

• Sitka Gear