wyobullshooter 13-May-20
>>>---WW----> 13-May-20
Trad PA 13-May-20
NeilH1967 13-May-20
Buck Watcher 19-May-20
Empty Freezer 19-May-20
Outdoorsdude 20-May-20
11-May-20
Ravin liquid is what I use for my compounds. What are other options and why.

This was recommended to me by my pro-shop over wax and I have had great luck with it so far, or at least I believe I have. Just ordered some more.

11-May-20
I have heard from some To not do anything . That wax can collect dirt etc and actually hurt the string. What’s are your opinions on that?

11-May-20
I use Sno-Seal. I wrap a piece of fast-flite string so it goes around the string/cable, then slide it to remove excess lube. Works for me.

11-May-20
If you want your strings to last then wax them. You can take a piece of floss and wrap it once and pull down the length of the string to get all the old stuff off.

11-May-20
None, ever

11-May-20
Scorpion venom is my go to. I like wax on my strings. They look brand new after I clean the wax for a new coat. Less fraying over time. My last strings lasted about 4 years minimal fraying.

A lot of the guys who don't wax are replacing strings every year anyway.

11-May-20
Some guys claim that wax only VISUALLY reduces frays; they are still there but become pasted to the rest of the string so don't LOOK bad. And that additional waxing attracts more dirt that in turn abrades/chafes the string and causes the wear and frays.

I'm not sure which to believe...

11-May-20
It is my understanding that string wax was created to keep the string from absorbing moisture. Not so much for frays. Wet heavy strings were bad juju back in the day. Most modern string materials don't absorb moisture to the extent dacron did.

I keep a very limited amount of wax on my strings. I use a leather strap to work it in under friction heat(low heat). My rule of thumb is ___ If I can "see" the wax, there's too much"

11-May-20
String Snot

A couple of years ago while on a hunt in Africa, I tested the regular beeswax, Scorpion Venom and String Snot. String Snot was the clear winner. It held up better and protected the string longer. I figured the dust, the sand and the brush of Africa was a fair test environment.

11-May-20
I use very little wax, mostly just to make it look better. I prefer to protect my string as much as possible instead. My wife's string always looks a bit frayed while mine stays looking pretty good. I NEVER carry my bow by the string and try not to let it rest on anything when carrying it. She cradles the bow when she carries it and it's almost always in contact with her clothing. Other than that, I maintain them the same. I would think that hers would be in better shape since she shoots a much lighter weight.

12-May-20
Years ago, a guy told me about using sno-seal. Ya, the stuff for your boots. Never had or have a problem with the strings.

12-May-20
Glad to see more using Snoseal. It is good stuff for boots and strings. I’ve used it for decades.

12-May-20
Glad to see more using Snoseal. It is good stuff for boots and strings. I’ve used it for decades.

12-May-20
Been using bowstring wax or 40 plus years. I wax my string every few months. Seems to work just fine. I believe one of the attributes is that it lubricates the strands of the string so there is less friction between them.

13-May-20
KY

Whoops...wrong thread.

13-May-20
Too funny Nick! lol!!

13-May-20
Bee's wax toilet stool ring. Cheap and you get enough to last you and your friends a lifetime.

13-May-20
Just the regular old school tube of string wax, the white stuff.

13-May-20
Use it but very little, avoid putting on your servings

19-May-20
I use very little wax. Started with bees wax in the 1970s. Then it was Bohning Fletch-Tite for about 25 years. About 10 years ago I went to BCY's X-Wax. They make the fibers, I figure their stuff should be good.

19-May-20
if you hit your wax with a blow dryer it helps it melt into the string.

20-May-20
"... I went to BCY's X-Wax. They make the fibers, I figure their stuff should be good." X2 --but their ML6. If the manufacturer/supplier provides a lube for their product use, why would you not use it?

• Sitka Gear