Treeline 19-Sep-20
Coloprotect 27-Jan-22
Quinn @work 28-Jan-22
wildwilderness 28-Jan-22
wildwilderness 28-Jan-22
Tracker 28-Jan-22
Hank_S 29-Jan-22
11-May-20
Anybody have experience with Hunters Domain in buying a landowner tag? I have been in the market for a tag, and I just cant get them to respond to repeated emails/ text messages...Are there other options to finding a LO tag? Thanks, Mike

11-May-20
I believe he may only get one tag per year for archery, and not every year. Go on the CO forum on the unit 2 thread and PM Billy Van Ness. He knows Jimmy well and can point you in the right direction. Last I heard he was selling the LO archery tag for around $10K.

11-May-20
Jaquomo,

I am looking for a New Mexico elk tag, and he has many listed on the website. I got a response when I emailed him initially, then radio silence. According to the website he has what I am looking for, but they just wont respond.

Thanks, Mike

11-May-20
Ah, ok, I didn't know he was brokering those too. Sent you a pm.

11-May-20
Mike,

Have talked with him several times in the past via phone and he was pretty good about getting back to me. He may be out and about somewhere.

Lou, that tag went higher than that for 2...

11-May-20
Call Marc or Gina at the archery Shoppe in Albuquerque.

12-May-20
Mike, Shoot me a PM with your # and I’ll make sure he gets with you. He was out of cell service a good part of last week.

12-May-20
I have assisted several people in obtaining landowner tags from Jimmy and he is usually pretty good about getting back. He may be up at the Walker place in Unit 2 and out of touch for a few days. He normally has a lot of tags in New Mexico and Colorado. A friend got one in Unit 61 last year and it was pretty pricey, but it was represented accurately and the access , maps, and so forth were as advertised. Keep trying, I'm sure he'll get back to you.

12-May-20
I just spoke to him...Mike he’s got your # and will call today.

13-May-20
Thought you had to buy direct from the landowner in Colorado ?

13-May-20
lot of things you are supposed to do in colorado like not ride atvs on non approved areas but they wont enforce that either.

13-May-20
Thanks everybody...I was able to get ahold of these guys and you have been a great help. Thank you!

13-May-20
When this came up in the legislature one State Senator from Denver said there was no evidence of landowner tags being sold on the open market. I sent her links to a bunch of ads. She never replied back......

13-May-20
New Mexico tag You guys can be like a bunch of old women

13-May-20
There are two ways to sell Colorado landowner tags. Obtain durable power of attorney from the ranch. Obtain land manager status for the ranch. Both are approved by the state and one can then represent and sell tags. Hunters Domain follows the letter of the law for every landowner it represents.

13-May-20
NM tags are definitely a commodity, especially based on how many are available to sell. I was referring to the CO situation when they voted to take tags out of the general pool and give to landowners to sell for unit-wide use, not just on the landowner property. That change basically turned my zero point deer unit into almost a 1 point unit.

15-Sep-20
Worthless POS lying Bastid. Dont be fooled HD is a joke.

17-Sep-20
Colobull, what happened?

17-Sep-20
Coming on here to an old thread with a one off comment like that just makes you look like a tool. Either provide some facts to back up your opinion or keep it to yourself!

19-Sep-20
Ok, pardon my ignorance, what exactly is hunter's domain? I am in KY and I was looking at elk hunting guide prices, one outfitter states that a 5 day hunt was 5K...BUT if the hunter had a hunter's domain landowner tag the price was 18K.

That was the first time I have ever heard of hunter's domain. Then this morning I see this post so I google searched for a legal definition/description of hunter's domain and didn't really get any clarity. What is it and how does it work? Thank you for your input.

19-Sep-20
I have spoken with Jimmy Horton a number of times about potential trespass fee hunting and for tags. As far as I know, he has always been honest with me.

Not sure what happened, Colobull, but pretty strong words. Anything to back the accusations up?

Redquebec, Hunters Domain is a tag brokerage for landowner tags. They also have some properties for trespass fees and guided hunts. I think what you were looking at was that if you draw a tag, the cost would be $5K. If you purchase a landowner tag from them, then the cost would be $18K for the tag. Not sure, but I think that the landowner tag requires that the landowner give access to their land for that tag.

27-Jan-22
Jimmy Horton, does follow the letter of the law. He will find loopholes to steal the land from anybody he can. I know this is a strong accusation, I also know it to be true. He tried it with a friend, and was caught before it was completely accomplished. He brings a bad name to hunting and should be stopped.

28-Jan-22
Interesting?? ......."he" steals land from anyone he can through obtaining and selling landowner vouchers? This is a fascinating loophole I wasn't aware of.

28-Jan-22
Steals Land? where would you hide it? :)

28-Jan-22
Edited-

I have been informed that he was able to “steal land” by taking advantage of people’s trust etc- get land quit claimed in his name to get more vouchers to sell. Once his name is on the deed then legal it’s his……

Legal on paper, but dishonest and manipulative would have to prove in court the malevolent intent…

28-Jan-22
All my dealings with Jimmy have been good. Never stole anything from me.

29-Jan-22
I have gotten tags from Jimmy for several years...I've not had any problems. Sometimes he doesn't respond the same day to a voice or text but usually with in a day or so.

• Sitka Gear