CCOVEY 14-May-20
Treeline 14-May-20
shakey 14-May-20
Shotgunwilly 14-May-20
SaddleReaper 14-May-20
Heat 14-May-20
Ermine 14-May-20
12-May-20
What have you guys found to be the best tripod and head?Most of my hunting will be on foot with a 65mm Swarovski scope.

14-May-20
I run the vortex carbon fiber legs with an Outdoorsman pan head. I also have a bino stud and their adapter system for that. Pretty slick setup.

14-May-20

Treeline's embedded Photo
Manfroto carbon legs and pan head. Not sure the model numbers but you can stand and glass with it very comfortably.

I have my scope and 15’s set up so that I can switch out and still be on the same spot. Use it for pretty much all my hunts.

One of the best hunting investments I ever made.

14-May-20
Thanks, I’m looking at both of those and the Gitzo traveler.

14-May-20

Shotgunwilly's embedded Photo
Shotgunwilly's embedded Photo
Another vote for the outdoorsmans set up here

14-May-20
I'm not as well versed as many here with tripod setups but I did a lot of reading reviews and rokslide threads before pulling the trigger on a ProMaster XC-M525c tripod and Sirui VA-5 ultra compact fluid head. The only other tripod in my budget that had my interest was a Slik 634cf pro. I ended up purchasing from Cameralandny.com, got all sorts of discounts/ specials, which you can too if you're a rokslide member and have them take the cheap ball head out of the tripod kit for money off/back. Total for tripod, fluid head and an extra quick release plate was $383 to my door. The ProMaster 525 has some cool features like removable legs (can use one as a monopod with a head mounted to it) and extendable/ collapsible center column via a twist lock positioned above the frame, which is very intuitive placement. You can also buy spiked feet for this model. The Sirui fluid pan head has internal counter balancing, individual tension adjustments, and load balancing capability by adjusting the quick release plate fore and aft, which can then be locked down. That feature will be helpful for balancing a spotter.

My primary use will be to run a pair of 15s off of it, and so far I absolutely love it. I have an 80mm spotter which it seems to handle ok but I'm sure there are better set ups for handling the size/ weight of a big spotter.

14-May-20
Outdoorsman's. They are top notch and made for hunters by hunters.

14-May-20
Pro master with outdoordamn head

• Sitka Gear