writer 06-Jul-21
writer 07-Jul-21
longbeard 07-Jul-21
longbeard 07-Jul-21
4nolz@work 08-Jul-21
15-May-20

hunt forever's embedded Photo
I turned my turkey beards and spurs into some nice Turkey Decor this month!! I was please on how it turned out.

Post something you have done with your's.

15-May-20

15-May-20
Nice!

15-May-20

GhostBird's embedded Photo
GhostBird's embedded Photo
I do my beards & spurs similar to yours, just not as fancy. Yours look great.

09-Jun-21
Recently, I have been buying a lot of different interior details, for example, wooden animal puzzles, which I really liked. on this site everyone can find something suitable for themselves.

09-Jun-21
How are you guys securing the straps to the beard?

09-Jun-21
I just make a small loop to hang the beard from and secure it to the beard by wrapping leather lacing around the loop on both sides of the beard. I try to leave a small amount of skin (dried using salt or borax) to have a surface to wrap around. I use various leather lace and if you soak the leather in water before wrapping it will shrink tighter as it dries. I couple small drops of super glue may be required on difficult beards, especially multi-beard birds.

11-Jun-21
nice looking decor there.

13-Jun-21
Looks great guys! I have lost the desire to fool with beards and spurs over the years and find myself just throwing them away. I never thought I would do anything like that.

06-Jul-21
Know what you mean freak. Probably tossed 50 or more beards that were just stuffed in plastic bags when we moved a few years ago.

07-Jul-21
Know what you mean freak. Probably tossed 50 or more beards that were just stuffed in plastic bags when we moved a few years ago.

07-Jul-21

longbeard's embedded Photo
I have a few of these filled out hanging in the basement

07-Jul-21

And 4 or 5 of these filled just hanging in the garage. As you can see, some of the beards are starting to fall off so I recently started a restoration project of putting them back on and updating each board

08-Jul-21
They won't last forever exposed to air and mites.I have over 300 in glass cases I get off eBay.Some are probably 45 years old I think they would turn into dust if I opened the case like a mummy! I put a piece of dog flea collar in with them.

• Sitka Gear