Jaquomo 17-May-20
cnelk 17-May-20
TxHuntr 17-May-20
LKH 18-May-20
Mule Power 18-May-20
Mule Power 18-May-20
DonVathome 18-May-20
15-May-20
I have a sunshade made out of HDPE (high density polyethylene) material. Water runs off but some goes through. It is thin material meant to just give a little shade. Is there a way to make it more waterproof? I have patio furniture under it and it would be nice to keep it drier.

15-May-20

DonVathome's embedded Photo
DonVathome's embedded Photo

15-May-20
I would think any of the spray on waterproofers for fabric would work.

15-May-20
Take one of them cheap blue tarps and put it over the top of it. No more water leaks for a while and the neighbors will love you for sprucing up the neighborhood redneck style.

15-May-20
Campdry might work.

15-May-20
you might take a 5 gallon bucket, mix the right ratio of silicone caulk and low odor mineral spirits. let it soak in for a few minutes then hang it out to dry. some guys make "silnylon" this way.

15-May-20
you might take a 5 gallon bucket, mix the right ratio of silicone caulk and low odor mineral spirits. let it soak in for a few minutes then hang it out to dry. some guys make "silnylon" this way.

15-May-20

15-May-20
Silnylon making a run...

15-May-20

15-May-20
I'd maybe go with CampDry. But another option might be the treatment we use on wall tents. You can spray it on.

15-May-20
I'd maybe go with CampDry. But another option might be the treatment we use on wall tents. You can spray it on.

15-May-20
Tried to edit but gremlins are messing with me.

17-May-20
What do you guys use to waterproof wall tents?

17-May-20
Campdry works. This might go without saying. but don't forget to seal your seams.

17-May-20
Don, we used Canvak and sprayed it on with a weed sprayer. Really does the job.

17-May-20
Yep. Canvak

17-May-20
Will this work on an Army surplus tent as well? Or whats better for them?

18-May-20
Yes to the Canvak. . Liquid and you brush paint it on if you don't have a sprayer.

18-May-20
Lou perfect timing for the suggestion. I have a new wall tent being delivered this week.

One question though.... a big benefit of canvas over synthetic material is no interior condensation. Do you get any after applying Canvak?

18-May-20
Wall Tent Shop just told me not to apply anything to the new tent. I tarp my tent anyway so leaks aren’t an issue.

18-May-20
Thanks!

• Sitka Gear