Grasshopper 17-May-20
BULELK1 17-May-20
Drnaln 17-May-20
midwest 17-May-20
midwest 17-May-20
fin little @ work 17-May-20
Grasshopper 19-May-20
15-May-20
A friend got his bad results in email just now. I haven't gotten hit, so I assume if they're sending out emails and you haven't gotten a card hit, that it's just a formality by now...

I just checked my email - nothing there yet.

15-May-20
I got my email today

15-May-20
Got it. Nada.

15-May-20
Got my dear john email too. No surprise there

15-May-20
Archery general deer here. It will be my first time hunting in Utah.

15-May-20
Zippo here :-(

15-May-20
Denied here too. TODDY

16-May-20
D-NI-D

16-May-20
I'm thier b***th 15 years in a row

16-May-20
Sorry Fella's-------->

I'm working with the Non-Ressy that drew a Zions Desert Ram tag, he is Stoked to say the least!

I'd rather not say or give his BS handle out so Please don't ax....! Haha

Be safe and stay Healthy All,

Robb

16-May-20
Yep more points all around. 21 elk and desert sheep. Elk will happen soon...

16-May-20
So rob knows who stole my desert tag ;)

16-May-20
Just more points for me....25 desert sheep points now!

16-May-20
Haha

No it's Not SteveO nor Tavis!!!

But a Stand Up BS long time member!

'Ya Gotta Believe'

Robb

16-May-20
Congratulations to him!

Hope he has a fabulous hunt!

And at least throws us a few pictures up here on the Bowsite;-)

16-May-20
I just had a conversation with a Colorado Bow Hunters who drew a non resident Utah Desert Sheep tag. To say the least, he was excited.

16-May-20
Hell Yeah Paul~~ shh~~haha

Totally happy for him

Good luck, Robb

16-May-20
My guess is Jag

17-May-20
I drew the Zion tag as a NR. Still shocked, elated, amazed. Not sure exactly how many points, I think I had one below max.

Unfortunately I have never set foot in the unit, I had to pick something on the app, figured it was never gonna happen given the odds - guess it was a good choice. Appreciate any intel folks can offer. The UDWR has some great tips, looking to get spots to camp, glass, access points and more. Have my brother signed on, and nephew. I can drag down a big toy hauler with UTV or a pickup camper with UTV in tow. Would like to schedule a trip and get the lay of the land before it gets blazing hot.

Need to order maps, and call the bio or GW.

UDWR says: "Most general areas occupied by bighorn sheep on the Zion unit can be found in Zion National Park (ZNP), Canaan Mountain, and the Barracks. Densities are currently higher inside ZNP however good numbers of sheep exist on public lands open to hunting on the Cannan Mountain and Barracks areas. Hunting is not allowed inside the park boundaries.

This bighorn sheep unit has been over population objective so capture and transplant efforts have been accomplished over the past few years. This population was re-established in the early 1970’s and was not hunted until 2009. The Zion unit is a highly popular and coveted area to hunt bighorn sheep due to trophy quality, access, and scenic areas to hunt.

The Barracks is the area where the Virgin River flows from Mt Carmel, UT into ZNP. Access to this area can be found south of Mt Carmel where sheep can be found close to private lands on the east end. Bighorn are commonly observed on BLM lands from Bay Bill and Merwin Canyons west into the Poverty Wash area to the ZNP boundary. Access from SR9 can also be found in the Poverty area and east of Mineral Gulch. The south side of the canyon can be accessed through Elephant Gap.

The Canaan Mountain area is located near Hildale, UT. Hiking access can be found in Short Creek where hunters can focus on Canaan Mountain and South Mountain.

This species lives in extreme rugged habitat that can have extreme weather conditions. Be prepared to hike in this type of country and spend a lot of time with your binoculars."

Appreciate any ideas on where to drill down and look.

I feel blessed to draw for sure, called a friend in the local archery club and he told me a member of club who killed a CO bighorn last year drew a CO desert tag this year. Ya gotta apply to draw. Good Luck guys

17-May-20
You'll be just fine Steve!!

Good luck, Robb

17-May-20
Congratulations on the sheep tag. Enjoy the chase!

17-May-20
Congratulations, Steve!

17-May-20
no email for me yet.

17-May-20
Grasshopper the south east border of the Zion unit runs right up to my back yard. Im not a desert sheep hunter although I just got my 17th point. The UDWR info looks good. It lists the areas I would start in. Bay Bill is an easy spot to access over looking a lot of country. Most of the country they listed with vehicle access is extremely sandy. Atv s are the best option. A lot of the sheep country is wilderness study area. Back pack in and pack out. Which hunt did you draw. Like I said im not a sheep hunter but I can help with general questions. Ive deer hunted it all my life.

19-May-20
I sent you a pm fin. Thanks for the advice. Guided hunt is unlikely in my budget this year so all Intel is helpful

• Sitka Gear