Stayfit 19-May-20
SteveB 19-May-20
18-May-20

Stick & String's embedded Photo
How would you like this to be you?
Stick & String's embedded Photo
How would you like this to be you?

Stick & String's Link
ARCHERS, have this Ranch/Farm to yourself to share with the elk and your bow in hand. You will be hunting toward the base of the Famous Spanish peaks in southern Colorado, a strong-hold of local Elk in September with a high number of cows for bait, which bring in the bulls from all direction. In addition, did I mention that there is farmer flooded irrigated Rye, Barley and Wheat on your agricultural property. You will hunt a mixture of habitats, pine and spruce timber, aspens, small open parks, some sage and some cactus to cover all the elk food groups and plenty of local elk in the month of September. The property is a little less than 1000 acres of private land with public land on one side.

As far as licenses the Archery License is available over the counter.

This ranch has not had an archer in during the rut for 5 years, so as a meeting place for the rut there are generations of bulls, and cows call this their place for September socializing and come from all direction.

Water is gold in this area, the River and Solar wells provide year around water and the elk know it. In the summer before the snow falls in October or November it is their water source. This and the green crop land have built calving grounds for the cows and after calving it is a great place to raise a calf, minimal predators due to ranch property, 140 acres of green agriculture, with flowing water. They stay there all summer and when August turns to September it gets even better because they are still there, and the bulls know it, and come to this location due to the large number of cows with calves in the area of easy living.

Easy walking for elk property with altitudes ranging from approximately 7,000 to 8,000 it is an easier altitude to adjust to if you are coming from a lower altitude. In general people arrive a day early, then take it easy the first day and you will have your breath back at this low altitude.

If you are interested in this hunt, please respond as soon as possible! This hunt just came on the market yesterday and it is already half booked up.

Matt Burrows Stick & String Outfitters (Hunting Consultant) [email protected] 720-837-9840

18-May-20
Is this an access fee hunt or guided?

18-May-20
How many days can hunters hunt, what are the available dates, AND will there be anyone hunting it before those dates?

Set your own camp?

18-May-20
Matt

How many spaces are available?

18-May-20
I do know there are a lot of small and large ranches that have bigger sized bulls in that general area. Far less pressure than most of the state.

18-May-20
I just talked with Matt by phone and interviewed him regarding several opportunities to hunt various animals. He is genuinely knowledgeable and has a solid handle on his business. I was impressed. Good hunting all. G

18-May-20

Stick & String's Link

Guys, I appreciate all the interest in this elk hunt! I believe it is a great hunt especially for the price. For those of you who inquired, unfortunately the hunt is booked up. But we have several other reasonably-priced hunts to offer for this year and next. Just drop me an email, tell me what you are looking for, and I will send you some detailed hunt brochures to review. Or just give me a ring and we can discuss them. Here is my contact info.

Matt Burrows, [email protected], www.StickandStringOutfitters.com, 720-837-9840

Guardian hunter, thank you for your kind words! I enjoyed speaking with you.

19-May-20
I heard there is a dominant gene in that area that has most mature bulls end up being a lopsided 6x4 is this true on this ranch?

19-May-20
Firsty, for $1795 a bull could be a lopsided 1 x 3 with a 12 inch spread and you would still have a bargain.

19-May-20
^^^ This

• Sitka Gear