lewis 13-Jun-20
midwest 13-Jun-20
Lewis 16-Jun-20
midwest 16-Jun-20
lewis 16-Jun-20
19-May-20

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
Turkey nuggets from my son’s gobbler for dinner last night....marinaded overnight in pickle juice and followed the CFA nugget recipe to a T, including making the sauce. They were awesome, my go to recipe from here on out!

19-May-20
Nice...

19-May-20

midwest's Link
Recipe at my link. Going to have to give this a try!

19-May-20
My favorite

19-May-20

WV Mountaineer's embedded Photo
 WV Mountaineer's embedded Photo
Been doing it for years. With a side of collard greens and homemade ranch, there is no better eating.

19-May-20
Always made turkey nuggets but never the pickle juice marinade.

19-May-20
I’ll have to try it

19-May-20
Yep..... I’ll be trying this.

19-May-20
Hmmm, if anyone in my family could hit a turkey I would also try this! Looks amazing!

19-May-20
Going to try this if I can kill a turkey!

19-May-20
My son killed a turkey during the youth weekend this year and made turkey nuggets with a recipe he found and I was pleasantly surprised!

19-May-20
Do you marinate in the pickle juice and milk or just plain pickle juice sounds good.Thanks for sharing.WV I love the looks of that meal collards are a staple around here Lewis

19-May-20
I’ll give most anything I have to those that need it. But, if you get my collard greens, it’s because you took them.

I love ‘em cooked in beef bone broth, garlic, onions, salt and pepper. Throw some vinegar on top and there is nothing better.

19-May-20
Fried turkey nuggets are awesome. We use rice crispies as the breading. They will knock your sox off.

But...I am with the Mountaineer. Collards, sheeeeeeeeiiiiiiittttt, I'll eat enough to have chlorophyll in my blood. Chilli flakes, a pinch of sugar, chopped onion, vinegar and a pressure cooker and life is complete.

19-May-20

Catscratch's embedded Photo
Catscratch's embedded Photo
Fried turkey last night. Great stuff!

20-May-20
Haven't ever heard of marinating in pickle juice, sounds good though... Anybody else do this?

20-May-20
Yes, just pickle juice in a Ziplock bag overnight in frig. I knew it’s be good because Chik Fil A nuggets and sandwiches are awesome. The only other thing I did to stray a little from the recipe was to add some cayenne pepper to the flour mix cuz we love spicy. I’ll cut back some on the salt in the mix the next time but other than that they were killer. I’ve eaten turkey nuggets for years using different recipes and this was hands down the best. Take care! John

20-May-20
nice,,,gonna have to try that - my granddaughter loves Chic-fil-A,,,

20-May-20
Yup, as far as I'm concerned the only way to cook wild turkey... So good!

27-May-20
Tried this recipe last night and it was as advertised!!!

27-May-20

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Somebody in my family finally hit one..so we had nugs! Hard to get a pic, they kept disappearing! They were amazing. Marinated in pickle juice for 8 hours, dredged in milk/egg bath, then coated with Andy’s hot and spicy chicken mixed with shore lunch. 12/10 will have again.

27-May-20
I didn't marinate mine that long Brotsky. I didn't know if the pickle flavor would be too strong, but apparently not huh?? The recipe said 30 minutes

27-May-20
I did not get any pickle. Nichole said she could taste it a little. Kia could not taste it and neither could my boy. I do think it helped tenderize it some. Only thing I would change is slightly smaller pieces. They were amazing!

27-May-20
We did it with my turkey over the weekend as well. It’s a home run.

27-May-20
I marinaded in pickle juice overnight and it was killer!

05-Jun-20
Dill or Kosher pickle juice?

05-Jun-20
I believe mine was Kosher. I had both types in the fridge and I just grabbed the jar that was about empty so I don't remember exactly :)

05-Jun-20
I prefer Famous Dave’s or Wickles but dill and kosher work fine. I like spicy so I add some red pepper flakes

05-Jun-20
Do the Chick-fil-A nuggets taste like pickles? Because mine did. The gf liked them but I wasn't a big fan.

05-Jun-20
Could barely taste the pickle on mine. I followed the recipe which calls for a 30 minute soak in a pickle/milk mixture

05-Jun-20
I am with you Brotsky I do mine in Andys. I will have to try the pickle marinade sometime. Thanks

05-Jun-20

longbeard's embedded Photo
longbeard's embedded Photo
I eat turkey nuggets every now and again but my go to dish is a kick ass wild turkey chili!!!!

06-Jun-20
The last couple of birds I had we're a little chewy. Will this marinade tenderize them?

06-Jun-20
Normally when they are tough you are overcooking them. It took me forever to figure this out. Cook until it is barely white in the middle whether frying or grilling.

06-Jun-20
Shiloh is right about overcooking but soaking in brine helps too after the kill

08-Jun-20
Thanks.

08-Jun-20
I'll eat turkey nuggets all day, but I leave the greens where they sit. My wife loves them.

13-Jun-20
Are you all marinating in just pickle juice or with milk added to the marinade Thanks Lewis

13-Jun-20
with milk

16-Jun-20

Lewis 's embedded Photo
Lewis 's embedded Photo
Wow great recipe plus fried okra speckled butter beans and the mustard dip yeah I m Southern

16-Jun-20
Looks good, Lewis!

16-Jun-20
Actually great Thanks I almost hurt myself Lewis

• Sitka Gear