JohnMC 21-May-20
elkmtngear 21-May-20
Charlie Rehor 21-May-20
sticksender 21-May-20
cnelk 21-May-20
elkmtngear 22-May-20
LUNG$HOT 22-May-20
21-May-20
So I need to withdraw my deer application in Colorado. I read the instructions how to do it but it says there should be a "Modify" button in my account>draws>page. I don't have a "Modify" anywhere. I called CPW and was on hold for 1 hour before I gave up. Anyone else modify their app online with success? Can it still be changed online? Thought we had until the draw.

21-May-20
You might be to late. Results will be released soon. Try calling a office other than Denver. I have much better luck getting a hold of someone at the Fort Collins office.

21-May-20
Brett: Let us know what you find out. I may withdraw too if still an option.

21-May-20
April 7th was the last date to correct applications.

After the draw, you can return a tag for your choice of a refund or point restoration to your pre-2020 level.

21-May-20
Yep, they remove the withdraw option way too early. I wrote a letter to the Commission, letting them know I wasn't happy about having to burn up my preference points, just to apply to Colorado as a backup to NM.

I'm certainly not paying full price for a tag I won't be able to use, just to keep my points. This wasn't so much of an issue, when Wyoming put out their results early (up until this Year).

I'd suggest logging on, and modifying your Credit Card info with bogus numbers, so they can't charge you if you draw. Consider the 100 bucks for the small game license, a "donation". I spent some time on the phone with the DOW...and modifying the card was pretty much my only move.

Just as a contrast...Wyoming allowed me to easily withdraw online, after I found out we drew NM...but Colorado had locked us out already (missed it by about a week).

21-May-20
Elkmtngear, I don’t get it. Why would you mess with your cc number. You said it yourself, you can turn the tag back in for a refund. Why would you do something dishonest when you can do it the “right” way?

Everyone knows the game going into it...if you don’t like it then you can certainly skip applying.

21-May-20
John, the lady I talked to at the DOW actually suggested I do that.

And yeah, with the recent changes in CO applications...I'm seriously considering skipping...depending on the situation next Season. If I was a Colorado resident, it would be a different story.

21-May-20
Why not just remove the CC info from your account?

21-May-20
The point is and like it is you can get either your points or money back so you have a little more skin in the game. If people can draw and then get both back. More people turn tags in. If you turn tag in and get points back. No points were burned on that tag. So it just adds to the problem of point creap. I personal think a tag should not be allow to be turned in except for a medical reason.

21-May-20
"Why not just remove the CC info from your account"?

Yeah, that would work...same outcome I guess.

21-May-20
Thx gents!

21-May-20
You guys mentioning about removing your CC info, just be aware you lose any/all accumulated points if you don't pay for a drawn license.

21-May-20
Return those tags guys. I’ll be waiting for the reissues!! No Pref Points required.

Haha!

22-May-20
"You guys mentioning about removing your CC info, just be aware you lose any/all accumulated points if you don't pay for a drawn license".

Unless you want to pay 800 dollars for that drawn NR tag that you won't use, you are going to lose the points anyway. I'd rather avoid the charge altogether, than wait several months for the refund.

22-May-20
^^ what cnelk said!

• Sitka Gear