drycreek 22-May-20
StickFlicker 22-May-20
Rock 23-May-20
Shuteye 23-May-20
Katahdin 23-May-20
Buckskin21 23-May-20
Paul@thefort 23-May-20
21-May-20
Where can i get replacement zipper pulls for a double bull blind? What type/size aftermarket zipper pull would i need? I tried taking a pull off another blind and swapping it but they're held together by a small piece of metal in the middle that breaks when you bend it open. I called primos and they're out of stock until the middle of June.

21-May-20
Thanks for asking this question, and for saving me a phone call to Primos! Since it costs $75 to send one back to Primos for "free" repair, a zipper shop in my town mentioned that my problem might be solved by replacing the pull, so I was going to call Primos to ask that question. Couldn't they answer the question you are asking today?

21-May-20
Glad i could help! I didnt think to ask them what type of zipper pull they use. I'll probably call tomorrow if nobody on here knows. Hopefully somebody makes a beafier one because the slides for the zippers on the new blinds break really easily

21-May-20
Are they made in China

21-May-20
what is wrong with the zipper pull? Zipper not connecting? If the pull is not connecting the zippers, try using a pliers and lightly squeeze both sides of the pull to reduced the gap and that action might bring the two zippers sides together when the pull is applied.

21-May-20
The pull popped off one side of the zipper. I pried it open a little to fit it back on the the other side and when i clamped it back down it broke in half. Same thing happened with the second one i tried to put on

21-May-20
I think in that circumstance (2 broken pulls) you may have a case for a replacement blind....especially if it costs $75 to ship it for repair regardless of warranty or not

21-May-20
Just have them send you the zipper for free, and then use the pull to repair your zipper with the new pull. see Google Search, Installing a new zipper pull. Or order a new heavy duty pull on line.

22-May-20
If there is a hole in the pull, use a big paper clip!

22-May-20
You have to slide the zipper pull (slider) off the end of the zipper and then install the new pull (slider) from the end of the zipper. You can not bend them open and closed without breaking or ruining them. I have done this several time as the zipper pulls (sliders) eventually wear out and need to be replaced.

22-May-20
I have used a large split ring and it works even better with gloves

22-May-20
The pull wore out on the fanny pack I’ve had forever and a shoe and boot repair shop put a new one on. Works good as new now.

22-May-20
If the zipper zips up fine, but then with pressure the two sides keep pulling apart, is that the sign of a worn out zipper pull?

23-May-20
SrickFlicker, Yes that is one of the first signs of a zipper slider wearing out. you might be able to make it work for a while longer by squeezing the slider to tighten it on the zipper (there are you tube videos on this) but do not squeeze it to tight. I use a vise grip for this and just slightly adjust the pressure then try the zipper again until it finally works or I decide to just replace it.

23-May-20
A tat off topic but I keep one ground blind in the woods all year. I spray the blind twice a year with waterproofing spray. I also spray the zipper track all up and down with WD 40. that keeps the zipper working real easy all the time. If your blind isn't set up just right it put a strain on the zipper. I get it just right and use tent pegs to keep the door way in place.

23-May-20
so it's the slider and not the zipper pull. There are kits to replace this. I can't find mine at the moment but they are marketed for camping tents, sleeping bags and such. So a search with those topics might work. Basically they come in two parts and you just screw them together so you don't need to thread from the beginning of the zipper

23-May-20
I couldn't find any of the screw together kits of the correct size but i ordered some regular ones off amazon. For anyone who is wondering they're #10 sliders. I will let you know how they work when i get them

23-May-20
I am sure you will have to remove the zipper slide stop at the end of the zipper before you apply the new slider.

• Sitka Gear