Contributors to this thread:
FF 22-May-20
Paul@thefort 22-May-20
Paul@thefort 22-May-20
Dale06 22-May-20
FF 24-May-20
Paul@thefort 24-May-20
22-May-20
I have a old DB T5 blind. I broke a rod and had Primos send me a new one. When I went to install it you need to take out the phillips headed screw in the center of the hub...take out the broken rod and insert the new rod (which I had to cut down). All fine and dandy until the screw was locked in there and I stripped out the head. Drilled off the screw head and the plate came off so then replaced the rod BUT now have a frozen screw in the hub with no way to get it out. I started drilling it out but noticed on the other side of the hub the fabric part of the blind is attached to the hub in the same spot. Any suggestions on getting this fixed correctly?

Thanks,

FF

22-May-20
if you can drill out the screw, do so then,. Unscrew the attached eye screw from the out side and then continue to drill all the way through the hub. Then take a longer eye screw, push it through the drilled out hub from the outside,, and then attach a plastic filled nut once the plate is replaced. I have done this on 2-3 hubs.

22-May-20

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
drill out screw and then drill all the way through. Use a longer eye screw with similar threads.
drill out screw and then drill all the way through. Use a longer eye screw with similar threads.
replace plate
replace plate
and then nut. if the rods are too short, take off the rubber sleeves on the other end, add a wooden dowel , 1/4 in to 1/2 in length, to make up the difference. Do this all all of the rods
and then nut. if the rods are too short, take off the rubber sleeves on the other end, add a wooden dowel , 1/4 in to 1/2 in length, to make up the difference. Do this all all of the rods

22-May-20
Paul, great post. I have several of these blinds and will remember your solution to this problem.

24-May-20
Thanks Paul!

24-May-20
one thing about the replacement eye bolt. Try to find one that the thread goes all the way to the eye to you can draw it down to where it touches the fabric.. If not then add a few washers as spacers so the fabric is correctly attached on the outside.

• Sitka Gear