Norseman 29-May-20
Coyote 65 29-May-20
Norseman 29-May-20
KHunter 29-May-20
kylet 02-Jun-20
NorCalVineyards 02-Jun-20
kylet 05-Jun-20
28-May-20
Specifically unit 15. Headed down for the early archery hunt. Coming out from Wisconsin and never been to New Mexico before. Still unsure where in the unit we will hunt and camp. But trying to figure out some area towns that have gas/diesel. Also any bigger towns with a grocery store that would have ice and some food if we need to restock. Thanks in advance

28-May-20
Quemado has a motel. and Reserve has a cool bar

28-May-20
Quemado and Reserve only options. Congrats!

28-May-20
There's a pretty good little Mexican Restaurant in there on Highway 60 somewhere, but I can't remember if it's in NM or AZ. Beautiful area in there for sure.

28-May-20
What about the pie in Pietown??

28-May-20
We always stop in Socorro and stock up before we head over. Also stop in at Datil to top off your tank if you are coming in from the east.

28-May-20
Reserve is the cooler place of the 2. Reserve is easier access for west side of the unit, Quemado if you think you'll hunt more on the east side. Lots of places to camp between the 2 towns.

28-May-20
Socorro has a Walmart so most last minute things there. Datil has diesel and a great green chili cheeseburger. Reserve has a small grocery store and gas.

Charlie, the pie in pie town is awesome!

29-May-20
Is the Apache Creek store and gas stop still open and run by Mr Trujillo?

If so that’s the best option.

29-May-20
I was just going to suggest Apache Creek. Stayed across the river at the campground for 2 weeks there in the 90's.

Terry

29-May-20
Beautiful campground area. Oasis-like

29-May-20
Hunted 15 in 2018.

Apache creek gas, ice and MINIMAL groceries Apache RV park in Cruzville just west of apache creek a few miles that sells ice and showers and has laundromat Reserve has ice, gas and groceries Quemado has ice, gas and groceries Reserve has auto repair or at least a tire shop that I recall (we ripped up a tire so that was handy. Who the heck cares about motels and restaurants. You are hunting elk. No time for such nonsense.

That covers South, North, and West edges of the unit.

02-Jun-20
Thank you everyone for the replies. This is exactly what I was looking for. Couple more things. 1. Overall condition of the road system. We will have a 4x4 truck and an atv 2. Does anyone know of a place nearby to fill up potable water jugs?

02-Jun-20
Great Chiili Cheeseburger at the Eagles Nest in Datil. There's also a hidden springs motel on the highway south of Reserve, $55.00 rooms and they have a restaurant next door. Good combo and worked for me back in 2018 when my son had the the 23 youth tag.

05-Jun-20
Bump

• Sitka Gear