brettpsu 29-May-20
Bou'bound 31-May-20
Trophyhill 04-Jun-20
willliamtell 04-Jun-20
rjlefty3 09-Jun-20
soccern23ny 09-Jun-20
jordanathome 09-Jun-20
28-May-20
Looking for a new sleeping pad. I have a Therma Rest lite, that is absolutely to noisy for me. I toss and turn alot while sleeping, and its sounds like i'm sleeping on a bag of potatoe chips. Even my hunting partners in different tents have complained. What's everyone using and how do you like it.

28-May-20
Never heard that complaint before. I use the same pad. I stay a lot in teepees without a floor. I put a sheet of Tyvek directly on the ground and that stuff is loud. You may think about putting your pad and sleeping bag in a lightweight bivy sack. That should internalize any noise you may make. The bivy sack also provides more warmth and condensation can accumulate. I never zip mine all the way so as to "vent" the system.

28-May-20
Foam or inflatable? I love my ExPed Downmat. I’m a side sleeper so need a really good inflatable.

28-May-20
Mine is inflatable.

28-May-20
ExPed Downmat like Mule Power said. Although there are lighter pads out there, the extra ounces are worth the comfort.

28-May-20
Nemo, Tensor

28-May-20
I got tired of the noise and mummy shape. Got a Nemo Tensor. Large, rectangular and thick. Also like the bag inflater. Worth every ounce.

28-May-20
ExPed Downmat is a good pad. The extra R-value is also good to have. Like others have said, they are not the lightest.

28-May-20
Exped downmat for me too. Started out on a nemo tensor and just wasn't thick enough as I'm also a side sleeper.

28-May-20
In my opinion if a side sleeper finds it comfortable anyone will. My ExPed is a good 10 years old and still ticking. If it ever dies I’ll buy the exact same pad.

28-May-20
Nemo Tensor for me too. First year on it last year and I loved it over my 10-year old Thermarest.

29-May-20
Neoair is super light and compact. Some complain about the older model being noisy but I sleep like a baby!

29-May-20
I'm a side sleeper as well. I also use Exped. They are awesome pads.

29-May-20
Two things to make sure you get. First, get a pad with some insulation. A sleeping bag will compress from your weight and provide little to no insulation from the ground. Second, get one that accepts the quick fill. Hyperventilating when trying to blow up your mattress gets old.

29-May-20
Thanks for all the replies. Which ExPed would be good for early to mid season?

29-May-20
I use the ExPed Downmat 9. Highest R value of any pad on the market but that won’t be a problem for you.

29-May-20
I had the Exped Downmat 7 and really liked it. Tore pretty big hole in it after 5 great years and couldn't get it to stop leaking. I will buy another one or the 9. Been through many different brands but the exped was the best for comfort, warmth and quiet.

31-May-20
Tough to beat a good thermarest lite. I’m sleeping on it not stalking in it. Lol

04-Jun-20
The biggest issue I have with the Exped 9 that many have mentioned is the space it takes up in the pack, and the weight. Especially for September. Unless you are naturally cold, you'd be better off with the UL7 Exped. I got away from both and now have a Sea to Summit Ether Light. Love it!

04-Jun-20
I like my cabelas instinct - it's super light and has some insulation. As someone else posted, with so many pads having decent r-value, it really makes sense to get one with it, particularly if you're sleeping late season and/or on a cot with cold air directly underneath. If size and weight isn't an issue, I've got a big 3" thermarest that keeps underneath good and toasty.

09-Jun-20
Klymit static V (insulated) for me. Not the lightest either but it's pretty duration compared to some others and I like the peace of mind on waking up with a still inflated pad!

09-Jun-20
i like the thermarest Z sol(accordion style), simple, lightweight, and affordable.

Doesn't sound loud to me

09-Jun-20
I've like the nemo and the thermarest myself

• Sitka Gear