ahunter76 02-Jun-20
Bou'bound 02-Jun-20
Bou'bound 03-Jun-20
Bou'bound 03-Jun-20
Blade 03-Jun-20
Fields 03-Jun-20
Dale06 04-Jun-20
31-May-20
I had to fix a few arrows today so I went out and bout a tube of Fletchtite Platinum. The stuff is expensive, and I only used a little bit and was wondering if anyone had ways to keep it fresh.

I thought about putting it in the freezer, but that's the best I've come up with.

TMBB

31-May-20
I never could come up with a way to keep it for years... I always clear the tube after applying and put the cap back on.. Mine can stay ok for a year or so, but after that, i'm lucky if it stays good. I keep mine in the basement, cooler than upstairs too...

31-May-20
It doesn’t have a super long shelf life. I keep mine in a cool, dark closet. Seems to work pretty well.

31-May-20
i have only got 3 years max out of a tube and then it loses its adhesive ability.

31-May-20
I keep mine in a small beer fridge in the basement. All I know is, I haven’t had to buy a new tube in a long time.

31-May-20
Go to a flyfishing store and get a little ( about 2 1/2 inch ) plastic squeeze bottle that comes with a needle shaped rod that is used to keep applicator spout unplugged. Also buy a little bottle of flytying thinner...I have Griff's Thinner. Squeeze the Fletch Tite glue into the little plastic bottle and then add a couple drops of thinner and stir. Check it every few weeks for it's consistency and add a drop if needed to keep it fluid. You shouldn't need to add any...but stir it to keep it mixed. You'll have to experiment....just don't over do the drops of thinner...if you get the glue too thin, you could add more glue. Works well for the Fletch-Tite and Griff's flytying glue. Also, I like the applicator spout on the bottle better than the Fletch-Tite spout.

01-Jun-20
Come on man. It’s $4.99 a tube. How much effort you going to put into this. Can use superglue and it will last a long time in little bottle

01-Jun-20
Fridge, same with the super glues, batteries go in the freezer.

02-Jun-20
I've heard a lot of folks having this problem. I have always put mine in a small ziplock plastic bag and have not had issues with it.

02-Jun-20
76aggie, I do the same, no issues.

02-Jun-20
where are you getting it for $4.99?? it is lot more than that......

02-Jun-20
I build all my own arrows & repair/build for 8 family members. I have always used fletch tite (Platinum now) & never have it long enough to get old. Mine stays in basement in my fletching tackle bow. I bought a 3 pack in Dec ($12) & i'm on the last tube now.

02-Jun-20
Sportsman’s wearhouse 4.99 on line

03-Jun-20
Come on man. It’s $4.99 a tube. How much effort you going out into this.

03-Jun-20
Come on man. It’s $4.99 a tube. How much effort you going out into this.

03-Jun-20
C,mon man...How much effort you going to put in belittling him over a tube of glue?

03-Jun-20
$7.99 at the bowshot I frequent......

04-Jun-20
I usually use mine up in six to nine months so not an issue. But I don’t go to huge effort to save a partial tube of cement. Got bigger fish to fry.

• Sitka Gear