PGA Pro 21-Jun-20
Timex 21-Jun-20
Timex 21-Jun-20
Kruppger 22-Jul-20
Tlhbow 22-Jul-20
Two Feathers 24-Jul-20
12yards 24-Jul-20
02-Jun-20
I’ve had about every rubber boot that you can think of. The last 4 years I’ve been wearing the Cabela’s 400 Gram Scent Free but the quality has gone downhill and now they don’t carry my size anymore. I’m looking for an all rubber (no neoprene on the outside, tears up easy shed hunting) and something that’s 400 gram because I already have 800 gram rubber. Is my only option to go back to a Burley? Issue I always had with them was trying to get them off my feet. Thanks!

02-Jun-20
I've been using Muck boots for the past 12-14 years. No plans on changing.

02-Jun-20
Mucks fall apart at the sight of a green briar. For what you described I haven't found anything better then Lacrosse. You do almost need a partner to get them off, but they fit well once on an hold up well so small price to pay IMO.

02-Jun-20
I have been wearing the same pair for over 20 yrs. Walmart, black, rubber, milk boots, about $15.00, they were under $10.00 when I got mine.

02-Jun-20
I have always used Lacrosse. My newest pair has started to separate around the toes but are still serviceable for most uses. The most abuse I ever put them through was in Newfoundland in that cursed "tuccamore". I did not think the neoprene like on the Muck's would hold up well in that cursed stuff. You may want to look at Dryshods. I understand they are an offshoot of Muck's but I was looking at a pair just last weekend and the ones I looked at only had neoprene at the top of the boot and the rest of the boot was rubber. Just an option to consider.

02-Jun-20
I have a pair of Lacrosse I have put a lot of miles on, even wore them pheasant hunting on wet days.

02-Jun-20
Lacrosse Burley's.

02-Jun-20
If your having trouble getting them off your feet, and I did also, I made a set of boot jacks. Easy of now for when I wear rubber boots.

02-Jun-20
LaCrosse especially if you are in briars

Mucks are good, but can't handle briars

02-Jun-20
Another vote here for LaCross Burleys

02-Jun-20
I like Muck boots. Used to wear LaCross. They would last 1-2 years with light use before developing cracks on the ankle area that let water in.

02-Jun-20
Has anyone tried the tidewe boots? Mucks don’t last long enough for the price.

02-Jun-20
Get the LaCrosse Burley Pro Side Zip. Search model 376030. Problem solved... MUCH easier to get off!

02-Jun-20
Mule, I thought about those. Guess back to Burleys. That’s what my 800 grams are and they’ve held up but with limited use (tree stand hunting). I use the 400 gram a lot, and trust me I’m not easy on stuff. With hunting and shed hunting I’m usually putting in roughly 300 miles on a pair a year

02-Jun-20
LaCrosse for me as well. Just picked up another pair. Replacing Muck boots - first and last pair of them due to them tearing up on multiflora rose thorns or any other brush. Back to the tried and true LaCrosse.

02-Jun-20
Lacrosse grange and burly are the only rubber boots i use, everything else i have tried dry rots and does not last more than one season. i can almost wear the tread off of lacrosse boots before they start to crack in several years. the old green originals are the good ones, the camo ones dry up and crack like all the others fast. thats my experience. yes they are harder to get off my feet but thats better than having to buy new rubber boots every year. good luck.

03-Jun-20
Mule, I thought about those. Guess back to Burleys. That’s what my 800 grams are and they’ve held up but with limited use (tree stand hunting). I use the 400 gram a lot, and trust me I’m not easy on stuff. With hunting and shed hunting I’m usually putting in roughly 300 miles on a pair a year

03-Jun-20
Lacrosse makes an all rubber boot their all black with a thin yellow band around the top only the foot part of the boot is insulated they are extremely tough & are not snug on the ankles like burleys. A lot of new England watermen wear them

03-Jun-20
In my experience with Lacrosse, don’t look for them online looking for the cheapest price. Those boots have never lasted long for me. I think they’re old stock and dry rot faster. When I’ve just gone and bought them from Cabela’s, they’ve lasted for years.

03-Jun-20
In my experience with Lacrosse, don’t look for them online looking for the cheapest price. Those boots have never lasted long for me. I think they’re old stock and dry rot faster. When I’ve just gone and bought them from Cabela’s, they’ve lasted for years.

06-Jun-20
Muck for me in cold weather. LaCrosse for uninsulated warmer temps.

07-Jun-20
I have a pair of Lacrosse boots that have been really good boots. I bought them around 6 years ago. The place I hunt is full of greenbriers. These boots have held up amazingly well! I wear these boots all through the fall and winter, and into the spring. I have no idea how many miles these boots have on them but it would be many. I believe they are called Areohead. I don't know if Lacrosse still makes them. But if I come across a pair of these I'm going to buy another pair. Very tough boot.

07-Jun-20
Lacrosse rubber boots also, haven't the durability issues that has been mentioned so far. Been using them since late 70's.

07-Jun-20
Lacrosse Burley's are the type used.

07-Jun-20
I hate paying hundred bucks, plus, for a pair of boots that crack at the ankles or the seams separate in the same area in a couple years. They don’t seem to be made for walking. Just out of the truck and into the blind, I guess

Might as well just buy oversized Walmart gum boots and wear an extra pair of socks for comfort.

09-Jun-20
New Lacrosse boots from China are crap. Old ones lasted forever.

09-Jun-20
I have been wearing Irish Setter Rutmaster boots for 5 years. I bought another pair off camofire , but I cant seem to wear out the first pair. I hunt pretty rugged country, lots of hills, briars, rocky stuff and climbing sticks to deal with. They are great boots, comfortable to walk in and really tough.

09-Jun-20
Another vote that Lacrosse has gone to crap. I've had granges that lasted for 8 years. Not more than 2 years now. I hate that company like Lacrosse lets that happen

09-Jun-20
Let me add this though...….order you a tube of Shoe Goo!! That stuff is great for everything from fixing leaky rubber boots to repairing the holes in the wal mart pool out in the back yard!!!

09-Jun-20
I wear Mucks here in Vermont. For the reasons mentioned above, my Newfoundland trips I use LaCrosse Burleys. The exterior seems to be more durable.

10-Jun-20
I like my muck boots - I always pull my pants over my boots to keep the scent in - no tearing up the neoprene when it’s not exposed! Get them 2 sizes too big and are super warm.

Lee

13-Jun-20
If you watch any of the Alaska based shows almost everybody is wearing Xtratuf boots. I bought a pair last year. They are the best fitting rubber boots I've had and come in various temperature ranges.

13-Jun-20
I have a pair of Lacrosse I really liked, don't really wear them anymore due to new hunting locations. Comfortable and seem quality

14-Jun-20
Knife Cobbler, I’ve had 4 pairs of RutMasters. Absolute junk imo. Wouldn’t hold up during bow season let alone shed hunting and scouting. Didn’t want to bite that $180 bullet on Lacrosse and found the 400 gram Cabela’s Scent Frees that I’ve been wearing. I only ever get a year out of a pair of rubber boots anyways so I’ll save $80

14-Jun-20
Junk but you bought 4 pairs. Hmmmm. Have put them through more than most guys will, Buffalo county WI hills and lone wolf sticks are a killer to most. I must just be lucky.

20-Jun-20
Lacrosse having a good sale on rubber boots, like about 25% off.. just 2 weeks after I bought a pair of Burlys....

20-Jun-20
Cheap Itaska boots from Tractor Supply. Have one insulated pair and on uninsulated pair. Very comfortable.

Steve

21-Jun-20
Knife Cobbler, I only bought one pair, kept returning them when they would rip on me with if the first 1-2 months. Maybe I’m unlucky or you’re very lucky. Good luck this fall!

21-Jun-20

Timex's embedded Photo
Timex's embedded Photo
These are what I use easy on & off very tough plenty of insulation for me & I usually get 3-4 seasons a pair for well under $ 100.00 shipped

21-Jun-20
These are on the lacrosse website with the firemans boots. Insulated vxt I believe around $ 70.00 iv been useing these boots for around 17 years now & for everything but really cold they are great

22-Jul-20
I've worn the same pair of muck boots for the last 10 years. There are some tears through the neoprene but they don't leak! They are insulated and keep my feet warm in the winter. I'll buy another pair when these wear out.

22-Jul-20
Redwing makes a comfortable rubber boot about 17" tall that's ease on and off than lacrosse . Shelf life is the problem though lucky to get two/3 seasons out of them, but there comfortable .

24-Jul-20
I've had two pair of Lacrosse and both developed leaks back by the heel.

24-Jul-20

12yards's Link
I'm with Timex, except I get more than 10 years out of a pair. They are foam insulated and I wear mine down into the 30s for stand hunting and then I have to wear something warmer. But they are durable, comfortable, and I can put some miles on with them on and they don't hurt my feet. Unreal how much rubber boots cost nowadays.

• Sitka Gear