Scrappy 06-Jun-20
Bowboy 06-Jun-20
t-roy 06-Jun-20
Scrappy 06-Jun-20
4nolz@work 06-Jun-20
BullBuster 06-Jun-20
BullBuster 06-Jun-20
05-Jun-20
Trying to decide which bale blind to get for the ranch. A Redneck with a skid to allow some mobility seems to be the way to go, but I'm curious if the Muddy would be a better choice.

Thoughts?

05-Jun-20
I have a Redneck softside with the 3D guile cover and it looks a lot like a hay bale and there is tons more room. Never owned a Muddy, they might be good.

05-Jun-20
Korey

Thank you. Do you leave it up year round?

05-Jun-20
I have the muddy, but I just ordered a soft side redneck. The muddy had been good to me but I wanted vertical windows and the Redneck has free shipping and no tax plus 10 percent off! Shawn

05-Jun-20
I take the cover off in February and store it inside. It takes less that 15 minutes once you have the hang of it. I leave the frame in place.

Also, mobility isn't a big deal at all. I have learned to push it onto it's side and roll it where it needs to be moved to.

05-Jun-20

Huntcell 's embedded Photo
REDNECK
REDNECK

Huntcell 's Link
Redneck

05-Jun-20

Muddy bale blind
Muddy bale blind

Huntcell 's Link
Muddy

05-Jun-20
I have the redneck bale blind and really like it. Use it in Kansas and the deer pay it no attention. I take the cover off and store it after season. Be sure and anchor it with a couple of t post especially if you are in a windy area.

05-Jun-20
Boy that redneck looks good Huntcell! Dang they're HIGH though!

05-Jun-20
Thanks guys, I'll be getting the Redneck model with the metal skid and base. This will give me the mobility option if I need to move it from one place to another.

Thank you

05-Jun-20
I have both. Redneck I like much more for bowhunting. Muddy has a drop down roof window for waterfowl hunting.

06-Jun-20
I know this isn't what you asked but you do realize you can put a flaming neon pink porta potty out in the field and the deer will get used it just as quickly as any kind of high dollar blind.

06-Jun-20
I have a Redneck blind. It has lots of room for two. I don't leave it out all year the weather here in WY will eventually destroy it. I think it's a great blind and keeps you dry.

06-Jun-20

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Little better pic
t-roy's embedded Photo
Little better pic
He better have a short draw length, scrappy!

I have the Redneck bale blind, with some modifications. I left mine out all year, and it was, pretty much, toast by the second year. I got a new skin for the round part only, and made the flat end pieces out of plywood. Put a hinged door on it, plus put 3 Deerview vertical windows mounted on the plywood sides. It has a plywood floor as well, which is attached to 2 heavy wooden fence posts, for skids. It’s easy to move around with an atv. I haven’t ever staked it down yet, and haven’t had an issue with the wind blowing it over, but it’s in a somewhat secluded field.

06-Jun-20
Better get a two holer t-roy.

06-Jun-20
I have 2 redneck blinds on skid platforms and take covers off after season Iowa winter's can be hard on them.

It helps to have an engineering degree to assemble the frame!

06-Jun-20
I have both. The Muddy is more bug proof and is insulated. A no brainer in my mind.

06-Jun-20
Cancel my comment above. I was talking about box blinds, not bale blinds.

• Sitka Gear