BULELK1 12-Jun-20
cnelk 12-Jun-20
Big John 12-Jun-20
JCarrowthem 12-Jun-20
Bowhntn 13-Jun-20
Grunt-N-Gobble 13-Jun-20
Jaquomo 13-Jun-20
05-Jun-20
Anyone know when they mail out the tags? Can’t get anyone to answer the phone in the office

05-Jun-20
Patience! Please due to the Wuhan Virus , everything has to be sanitized, triple disinfected, and hermetically sealed for everyone’s safety in these trying times, as we strive to issue the cleanest disease free licenses as possible. As you well know the best tag soup starts with the cleanest freshest ingredients .

Wy Game & Fish dept.

05-Jun-20
Just break a window and take one, its the new American way.

05-Jun-20
Due to the later due date this year licenses will be mailed out as soon as hunting season is over.

05-Jun-20
As Cnelk always says. "What are you going to do with your tag now?" Patience.

05-Jun-20
I want to go fishing in WY and can't until I get the damn tag...

05-Jun-20
For those of us who fish WY a lot and also hunt, they make us buy two fishing licenses now with this late draw. One annual and one with the elk tag that's only good for 5.5 months. I didn't buy annual this year. Now the hatches are starting and I'm postponing a three week trip until they get around to sending the elk license.

I know, First World problems...

05-Jun-20
My tag was in my mailbox Monday afternoon.

05-Jun-20
I drew and haven't even gave my tag a second though since. I guess as long as I get by 9/10 I'm good.

06-Jun-20
Me too T. Enough going on this time of year to occupy my mind. I get excited to see the word successful but after that I don’t really care when it gets here. I just open it up, look at it, smile and throw it into my daypack.

06-Jun-20
I like to know when they send them out. I had one get lost in the mail a few years ago, and it was a shit show trying to get the replacement.

06-Jun-20
Jaq, I'd do a screen shot of your successful draw and go fishing. It's proof enough in my mind, unless a warden really wants to be a prick.

06-Jun-20
Thanks, Ron. If it doesn't show in the next couple days, that's exactly what I plan to do.

06-Jun-20
Sivart now that you put it that way I would like to know when they go out. But I’ve never had a problem in the past. Now if it was Montana where I knew there was a 66% chance that they’d screw it up I’d want a freakin tracking number!

08-Jun-20
The WGF said the tags will be mailed this Wednesday. I asked about fishing without having the license but it’s in the system since I drew an elk tag. They said they’ve never had that question.

They are calling superiors and will call back. Stay tuned

08-Jun-20
Heard back from the WGF.

They said you must have a fishing license in your possession. A couple options a person can do before you receive your license if you want to fish.

1) buy a one day fishing license - $14

2) purchase a duplicate fishing license -$7. Once your receive the one in the mail, it is void.

I decided to wait until I get mine in the mail

08-Jun-20
Good grief. How do you buy a "duplicate" license if you don't have a license? Technically we don't get a fishing license, just an elk license that gives fishing privileges.

Bureaucratic double-speak.

08-Jun-20
Just to clarify....I assume they sent my tag out at a different time. I have a reserved license. Due to an illness in 2019 I was unable to hunt so I filled out the forms and my Dr signed off. I was reissued the tag this year. This is an awesome program they have.

12-Jun-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Got mine Yesterday, here in Utah.

Exciting!

Robb

12-Jun-20
Got mine too. Wyo fishing soon!

12-Jun-20
Same here

12-Jun-20
yep got mine today

13-Jun-20
Got mine today! Game on!??

13-Jun-20
Myself and partner got our today also. Can't wait!

13-Jun-20
Got mine - fishing my way across the state starting Monday!

• Sitka Gear