Elk
Contributors to this thread:
PaBowhunter 09-Jun-20
0hndycp 09-Jun-20
wytex 09-Jun-20
PaBowhunter 09-Jun-20
badbull 09-Jun-20
09-Jun-20
I’m 63 yrs old and have decided that I’ll never draw another great elk tag so I used my 2 points and applied for a general tag in Wyoming.I’m hoping that someone can give me some good info on area 13 and 21.I’ve hunted area 2 in Colorado 3 times,and 76 once in Colorado.I’ve hunted 38 in Wyoming 3 times.I’ve hunted the San Juan unit in Utah also,along with several areas in Colorado and Montana.I’m willing to share info as I will never hunt these areas again.Thanks to those who want to trade info,Ed

09-Jun-20
I’d say that 99.99% of us will never get to hunt those areas in CO or UT either! General units are usually pretty tough to get much intel on, but good luck and hope you’re successful. Good for you still getting after it at 63, hope I can still be doing it then too!

09-Jun-20
I would call the Saratoga office of the FS and inquire about the logging going on over there this year. 307-326-5258 pm sent

09-Jun-20
Bow hunting elk has been a passion of mine for 30 years!My 1st trip west of the Mississippi was in 1989,when I hunted elk in Area 2 Colorado.Back then we got in with 0 points,and they gave out 50 archery licenses!I have only missed 1 year of bow hunting elk out west since then.I haven’t been hugely successful as far as killing a lot of elk,but have treasured each hunt.Thanks for the responses and I will call out to the office for some information.Anyone can private message me if they want.Thanks!

09-Jun-20
PM sent..... Badbull

• Sitka Gear