Dino 09-Jun-20
Hughiam 09-Jun-20
Dino 09-Jun-20
cptbs 09-Jun-20
Hughiam 10-Jun-20
Scar Finga 10-Jun-20
Boris 11-Jun-20
09-Jun-20
Any one shoot the Oneida Phoenix or the RPM Nitro for bowhunting? I started out as a kid shooting recurves, then when the compound came out I left the recurve for a while. Last 10 to 15 years back to recurve and longbows. Now, I am up in age and my neck/shoulder area is not up to my 47# recurve for elk. I've seen video on these lever bows and it may be easier to shoot rather than the compound. Just wondering if any out there on this site and what the shooting experience is like. Thanks, Alan

09-Jun-20
An older friend had one and when he could no longer uss it he wantes to give it to me. I was only shooting stick bows at the time, and wasn't that interested but I did handle it. I found it heavy and clunky. But my opinion doesn't mean aa much aa yours will AFTER YOU HAVE TRIED ONE. That's the only way you'll really know anything.

Tmbb

09-Jun-20
I shot one for a while. I really liked it but it was super loud.

09-Jun-20
If you haven’t shot a compound for 15 years, you are going to love the newer models at 50lbs!!! Super smooth, quick and easy to draw. Shoot a few alongside that Oneida, be curious what you decide!

09-Jun-20

Hughiam's embedded Photo
Hughiam's embedded Photo
I haven't shot the Phoenix, but I was a staff shooter for 17 years. I truly love Oneida's and have never harvested an animal with any other bow. If you are on FB, look up lever lovers, there is a great group of people on there that can give you advice.

09-Jun-20
Hughiam! That is an awesome picture!

09-Jun-20
I shoot a Phoenix with fingers and no sights, it draws smooth. Mine is quieter than some of my recurves. I'm shooting 550 grain arrows. I found that a stabilizer helped the most to reduce noise, I have the s coil by limbsaver.

10-Jun-20

Hughiam's embedded Photo
Hughiam's embedded Photo
Thanks Dino!

10-Jun-20
Yep, I love mine! Fingers, barebow! 55-65lbs, custom made for me!

11-Jun-20
My biggest regret was getting rid of my liteforce mag. Shot a ton of deer with it. I did shoot the eagles from about 1985-2000. I now have a phantom. Just remember, they are a different creature. But in a good way. The main problem that I saw, was that the TINKERING JUNKIES could not leave their paws off the bow when it would be set. You set it up and then forget it. davep

• Sitka Gear