Bowboy 11-Jun-20
South Farm 11-Jun-20
Fuzzy 11-Jun-20
LBshooter 11-Jun-20
MarkU 11-Jun-20
LBshooter 11-Jun-20
LINK 11-Jun-20
10-Jun-20
Just watched a video of a grizzly killing a buffalo in the park.The video was taken by a visitor on his cell.He said it took 17 minutes for the buffalo to finally die. I do not know how to post this but I think it is on YouTube.Lewis

10-Jun-20
Well park life can be hard Word ;)

10-Jun-20
I was just so disappointed that some bunny hugger didn't intervene and help that poor little baby buffalo.

10-Jun-20
Mother Nature isn't always pretty.

10-Jun-20
awesome!

10-Jun-20
Thanks Midwest I need to learn how to do that Lewis

10-Jun-20
Wow! so consider this. Wild critters kill each other 365, 24/7. To actually to see it happen had to be an education. I hope they all learned that the Park and other wild places are not petting zoos as portrayed on Disney, the Discovery Channel and their home town zoos. my best, Paul

10-Jun-20
as real as it gets

Mark

10-Jun-20
Grizzly being a grizzly.

10-Jun-20
Acts like a younger grizz, needs to learn a more efficient takedown method! Maybe should watch more UFC :)

10-Jun-20
A few years ago, there was a photo circulating of a buffalo being chased down a blacktop road at Yellowstone by a grizzly bear. The younger bison looked like it had been burnt or scalded....maybe by a small geyser?

10-Jun-20

Medicinemann's Link
Hopefully this is it....

10-Jun-20
Bison shoulda hooked that griz. Oh well, live and learn...maybe not.

10-Jun-20
Shame we don't have a season on the bastards yet!

11-Jun-20
Good Vid

Thanks Nick

Robb

11-Jun-20
That is what bears do.

11-Jun-20
does look like a geyser injury for sure. ouch.

11-Jun-20
Awesome to see!

11-Jun-20
Mother Nature doesn't have feelings.

Matt

11-Jun-20

spike78's Link
This is insane. Grizzly chases down a caribou. Talk about stamina!

11-Jun-20
Should have gave him another year.

11-Jun-20
Is it a geyser burn or is he shedding his winter coat. Can’t say I’ve seen a geyser burned buffalo so maybe I’m wrong.

11-Jun-20
Pretty Cool, I'm going there in August hopefully. Will have to show kids. Wonder why it was alone, usually herd animals, correct?. I would have thought the herd would be around with a younger animal like that to thrash that bear, unless it was injured and couldn't keep up.

11-Jun-20
I think its time to start banning Grizzlies from the park. They don't have to kill buffalo like that, maybe the Rangers could shoot a few buffs every week or so for the Bears to eat, that way the tourists and especially the children won't be mentally scared for the rest of their lives. At first it looks like they were playing and going for a walk, but you can't trust griz at all. Does anybody know if that buff had a name?

11-Jun-20
Mother Nature isn't always kind, but cruel and only the strong survive. This happens some where everyday when prey and predators meet. Thanks for posting Nick!

11-Jun-20
That had to be something to see up close!

11-Jun-20
Bloodtrail yep a full grown bull elk (or bull bison) would be a handful (pawful?) for even a mature grizzly!

11-Jun-20
"Imagine If that bison was a bull elk.....not so funny anymore." Why?

11-Jun-20
Monty Browning has some pictures of a grizzly doing that to a very big bull moose out in the water. They were flying by in a cub and circled a few times to take pictures and it actually looked like the bear was eating on the bull while it was still standing. The moose eventually was killed.

11-Jun-20
Ok, plenty of elk get eaten, especially calves. Nature at its finest, don't believe it's funny, but very cool to witness, even second hand.

11-Jun-20
Buffalo Lives Matter.

• Sitka Gear