midwest 12-Jun-20
Will 12-Jun-20
midwest 14-Jun-20
Tonybear61 29-Jun-20
10-Jun-20

10-Jun-20

StickFlicker's embedded Photo
StickFlicker's embedded Photo
Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam will no longer carry guns in new Loony Toons cartoons... Seriously?!

(I can't seem to get the link to post as a link without receiving an error, so here it is: https://www.wideopenspaces.com/elmer-fudd-will-no-longer-carry-or-use-a-gun-in-new-looney-tunes-series/?utm_source=wideopen&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=wos_daily&utm_content=%7B%7BEXTERNAL+%60https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wideopenmediagroup.com%2Fgetresponse%2F%3Fsite=wos%26articlenumber=1%26type=title%60%7D%7D

10-Jun-20
They will probably give him a xbow

10-Jun-20
No more show Cops or the movie Gone with the Wind

10-Jun-20
No guns, the new Looney Tunes weapons are to be, scythe, dynamite explosions, anvils dropping on characters' heads and complex booby traps. Could add my thoughts, but I’m biting my tongue!

10-Jun-20
Why no, that would be terrible. Much better to let our young teens and "tweens" watch things like Game of Thrones. Although I've never seen it, by reading the description I could tell it would be prime material for people in their formative years. Graphic personal killing, rape, incest, and all kinds of indecent sex acts are a much better fit for today's growing youngsters in our society. After all - it's gun-free.

10-Jun-20
Can only use dynamite or TNT, maybe anything from Acme coyote approved.

10-Jun-20
Just more anti hunting/anti gun propaganda action.

10-Jun-20
Did Elmer ever actually hit anything, especially a rabbit, with his gun?

10-Jun-20
Adam nailed it...… The grotesque morals and hypocrisy of our culture is seemingly limitless.

11-Jun-20
Actually he shot the duck on many occasions.... and himself a few times I think.

We live in an insane asylum. And the inmates are running it. Did you know that eliminating the police eradicates crime? Me either.... learn something everyday. Just not what they think you learned......

11-Jun-20
I was reading a CBC (communist broadcasting co-op) article on my laptop the other day about about stopping violence and the big sidebar add was for the newest, most shooting’est, most killing’est , most blowing up’est new video game ever!!

11-Jun-20
X2 APauls !

11-Jun-20
Is there a single modern day child in America that even knows who the hell Elmer Fudd is? I doubt it..

Still doesn't stop the anti-gun crowd from being "offended".

11-Jun-20

Gunny's embedded Photo
Gunny's embedded Photo
Spears and boomerangs! The horror!

11-Jun-20
Adam X 2

11-Jun-20
I guess we won't be seeing Tom and Jerry any time soon either...

11-Jun-20
Elmer Fudd has many means for cartoony violence and mayhem in HBO Max's "Looney Tunes Cartoons," the reboot of the classic Warner Bros. cartoons.

But the infamous rabbit hunter will not be blasting his cartoon rifle.

Like all characters on the throwback animated series that started last week on HBO Max, Fudd will be gun-free. The new episodes harken back to the Looney Tunes, which had their peak in the 1940s and 1950s heyday, in every other way – filled with cartoonish dynamite explosions and intricate ACME-brand booby traps.

"We’re not doing guns," Peter Browngardt, the series executive producer and showrunner, told the New York Times. "But we can do cartoony violence — TNT, the Acme stuff. All that was kind of grandfathered in."

Elmer Fudd won't have his hunting rifle in the new "Looney Tunes." As the Times explains, in one short "Dynamite Dance," Elmer Fudd comes at Bugs Bunny with a deadly scythe, an attack stopped as the hare jams a stick of lit dynamite into Elmer's mouth.

Over the course of the short animated video, the explosives get bigger as the rabbit jams dynamite in Elmer’s ears, on top of his bald head, and down his pants. The relentless assault moves from rowboat to unicycle to biplane.

Despite the lack of guns for Fudd, and characters like pistol-shooting Yosemite Sam, Browngardt vowed to keep to the original feel of the cartoons, considered some of the greatest in animated cartoon history.

"I always thought, ‘What if Warner Bros. had never stopped making 'Looney Tunes' cartoons?’” said Browngardt. "As much as we possibly could, we treated the production in that way."

Nonetheless there was an outcry on social media about the lack of guns.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THE NEW LOONEY TUNES CARTOONS *cough* which are actually great, go check them out *cough* WON'T LET ELMER FUDD USE A GUN," wrote one Twitter user.

11-Jun-20

tobywon's Link

12-Jun-20

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Ill probably get banned on here for this one.

12-Jun-20
*wibewals

12-Jun-20
The Righteous Mind The Coddling of the American Mind

Two books every person should read (both by Jonathan Haidt). Really awesome reads, and would remind the extremes of each party that they should maybe rethink some things... If everyone did read them, Elmer could have kept his gun.

14-Jun-20

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo

29-Jun-20
Don't stand on those X separation markers to keep us COVID-19 free. I learned that from so many Roadrunner cartoons.

• Sitka Gear