bb 14-Jun-20
sticksender 14-Jun-20
bighorn 14-Jun-20
ELKMAN 19-Jun-20
Bou'bound 29-Nov-21
Dino 29-Nov-21
carcus 30-Nov-21
12-Jun-20
Alright guys, give me your thoughts and opinions. Looking at buying a new bow for my elk hunts. Leaning hard toward the RX3, looks great and I like the 6.75" brace height. $1,500 max price range. I currently shoot a Hoyt Spyder, which I really like but its 6 years old and probably time to upgrade.

12-Jun-20
I prefer the cam system on the RX4, but it will cost you a little more than a 3. After shooting most of the new stuff this year, I couldn't decide between the Hoyt RX4 Ultra and the Bowtech Revolt X, so I bought one of each. My intent was to shoot them both and over time get rid of one of them. I like them both and have a hard time getting rid of either. I'll have it figured out by September...

12-Jun-20
Appreciate your input thank you.

12-Jun-20
Like kota, I too went with the RX4 with it's redesigned cams. Picked the Alpha for it's shorter AtoA. The RX4 seems quieter at the shot and with better pin float than the previous RX3 model.

12-Jun-20
I wanted the Rx4 Ultra, but the Rx3 was selling as "old stock" for $500 cheaper. I shoot the Rx3 Ultra now. After my Carbon Defiant, the handle of the Rx3 took me a while to get used to, it's feeling better now, and I am finding the bow dang accurate and consistent.

12-Jun-20
Thsnk you very much guys for your insight and perspective.

12-Jun-20
got my rx3 on ebay brand new from a dealer for 1299.00

12-Jun-20
Try to shoot all the options, and choose what’s best for you.

12-Jun-20
Brantman, That Rx3 is a great bow! :)

12-Jun-20
I switched last year from the Hoyt Carbon Matrix to the RX-3 and love it. I never thought I'd like a bow more than I liked my Matrix, and I thought I'd continue to shoot both of them once I got the RX-3. But once I started shooting it, I never looked back and haven't shot the Matrix since that day. I haven't shot the RX-4.

12-Jun-20
RX4 ultra is a sweet shooting bow, he can't comment on the rx3

12-Jun-20
What do you guys think about the shorter axle to axle as opposed to a longer bow. Any difference in consistency or forgiveness?

13-Jun-20
Fatbass, I understand the desire for a new bow, I had the same desire earlier this year.

I was shooting a Hoyt Nitrum 34 with a single pin CBE slider sight, 396 grain arrows, drop away rest, etc...it is a rocket! Accurate with field/slick trick broadheadheads to 75 yards and 307 FPS. I love the bow and the accuracy!

Then, I was shooting in a winter 3D league...got the itch for a complete new set up.

I bought a Hoyt RX4 Ultra, Hamskea Trinity rest, 3 pin CBE sight, new arrows (456 grains), etc. The bow draws smoother (not by much), is just as accurate, not as fast (293 FPS) and I am having fun shooting it!

I should (emphasis on "I") have probably changed the rest, the sight and the arrows while keeping the Nitrum 34...I would have been just as happy. I probably cannot tell the nuances on the new bow that much.

You may want to shoot several different new bows as well as your old bow (you may decide to upgrade parts of your set up) before deciding...best of luck on your search!!!

13-Jun-20
I had a carbon element, and I got the itch for a new bow when the rx-1 came out, I shot it and the others, ended up with a prime centergy. I started doing all my own tuning and bow work since then, and so naturally I have the itch to buy more bows. I’d love to shoot the rx-4 ultra, but I think I’ll keep my centergy one more year and see what everyone releases this winter. Although I figure You always need (n + 1) bows where n is < (d - 2) and n=bows you own and d=number of bows your wife will divorce you if you own

14-Jun-20
BC,

I had an RX 1 Ultra and now own an RX4 Alpha. Never shot the RX3. My biggest reason for choosing the Ultra Originally was the string angle at draw and how far away from my eye the peep would be. I always liked the draw cycle. I tried the RX4 and was skeptical because of the short length but when I tried it, I was surprised at it being really a non issue. I was also very surprised at the nice smooth draw cycle. Surprising given the speed rating of the bow. When I drew it back It gave me the impression of drawing a round wheel bow. Just very smooth all the way through the cycle with no stacking. It doesn't behave for me like a bow as short as it is.

14-Jun-20
The larger cams on the RX-4 Alpha mediate some of the string angle issue.

14-Jun-20
Had the Carbon Element, upgraded to the Carbon RX4 smooth ,quit, good back wall. Bought it from a dealer over a hour away, took to to my local pro shop who sell Mathews, Bowtech, to have peep installed, he was so impressed he called Hoyt to have them send a rep. to see him. Sweet shooting Bow, Like it!

19-Jun-20
I much prefer the Spyder between these two.

29-Nov-21
looking for an RX4 Ultra but tough to find. Any ideas?

29-Nov-21
Archery talk buy and sell. Hunting Bows. There is one on there rn…

30-Nov-21
https://www.archerytalk.com/threads/rx-4-alpha-70lb-2-cam.6058890/

• Sitka Gear