1boonr 15-Jun-20
35-Acre 15-Jun-20
brantman 15-Jun-20
12-Jun-20

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
Community service post. There may have been a thread about these safety ropes on sale a while back and folks were buying them.

13-Jun-20
Is this just for ropes sold at Dick's?

14-Jun-20
I'm speculating it's for any place that sold them....Wallymartin, BPS, Cabelas, EBay, Amazon, etc. If the part number matches.....that would be enough.

I will note even my spendy Muddy safety line prussic knots froze up last year once they got wet and I had to unravel them to get them loosened up. It makes sense once any rope knot freezes it won't work. It can't cinch down well to the main line when it's frozen.

14-Jun-20
From what I read it does not look like any problem with the rope. Kind of like recalling a road surface material because it gets slick in an ice storm.

14-Jun-20
If your not smart enough to figure that out then Darwin’s law kicks in.

14-Jun-20
Someone sued someone for a lack of common sense and this is the likely result.

15-Jun-20
Screw that prusik knot, get a Ropeman 1.

Also, screw Dick's.

15-Jun-20

JL's Link
^...."*The Ropeman 1 IS NOT TO BE USED as a fall arrest device. NEVER have slack in any rope when using a Ropeman 1."

X2 on Dicks.....

15-Jun-20
I understand the seller's and manufacturers fear of liability when selling to the masses but I would trust the Ropeman 100% in a short fall while climbing to a treestand.

Also, screw Dick's again. ;-)

15-Jun-20
Treestands can ice over also, better recall them now

15-Jun-20
I got the notice and am keeping mine. I'm smart enough to know that all they are doing is giving you your money back - you gotta go out and spend the same (or more) on a different product that does the same thing when wet and cold.

X4 on Dick's! I had to wait for some other stores to open up in my region so I could shop - no way was I going to Dick's that was already open. They won't ever get a dime of mine again.

15-Jun-20
screw Dicks

• Sitka Gear